Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Jedi Sentinel Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
08.28.2021 , 04:53 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by MiralukaJedi View Post
To be fair that's basically in line with half the classes at this point.

Operatives don't have Orbital Strike
Assassins don't have Force Lightning
Gunslingers don't have Dirty Kick (albeit they CAN have Below the Belt which is close if they pick it)
Mercenaries don't have Flame Thrower (if I recall? Pretty sure its Powertech only?)

Project is available to both Sage and Shadow
Smash is available to both Sentinel and Guardian
Sticky Grenade is available to both Vanguard and Commando

Choke is currently available to both, but as you mentioned it won't be.

So at presents its 4/4 split. This just makes it a 5/3.

At this rate maybe Shadow will lose Project :P
Actually Sticky Grenade is no longer available to Vanguards, it has been more or less replaced by Flak Shell for Vanguards.

Secondly Flamethrower doesn't exactly exist anymore for Powertechs either, having been replaced by Searing Wave which is similar but an instant ability instead of a 3 seconds channel. (A similar thing is actually the case between Force Choke from Heroic Moment and from Warrior abilities).

Lastly Serenity Shadows actually did lose Project already as Squelch now replaces it (even though before this used to be a separate ability and Serenity had both).

K_osss's Avatar


K_osss
08.28.2021 , 06:24 AM | #192
I'm a sub since day 1 and main sentinel. I do not think the current changes are the direction I want to see the game go in. The earliest changes were ludicrous. There is a lot of good feedback in this thread, please engage with your player base. If you read what is in here and have a dialogue I'm sure your game will be much better and more well received.

My personal opinion - abilities I think are class defining for sentinel are Transcendence/Predation, zen, frankly for me guarded by the force, and pacify. Mobility is critically important. Nothing is more frustrating than not having the ability or tools to be on the needed target as a melee. I stop short of saying blade blitz(mad dash are class defining because I played a long time before they were introduced but they're good game design imo as they are a skill ability that can close distance, escape damage, or be used to disengage all based on proper appropriate usage.

MiralukaJedi's Avatar


MiralukaJedi
08.29.2021 , 01:16 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Actually Sticky Grenade is no longer available to Vanguards, it has been more or less replaced by Flak Shell for Vanguards.

Secondly Flamethrower doesn't exactly exist anymore for Powertechs either, having been replaced by Searing Wave which is similar but an instant ability instead of a 3 seconds channel. (A similar thing is actually the case between Force Choke from Heroic Moment and from Warrior abilities).

Lastly Serenity Shadows actually did lose Project already as Squelch now replaces it (even though before this used to be a separate ability and Serenity had both).
Ah, I wasn't counting things where they get replaced but some have it some don't. But that's good to track it as well.

I feel Project is in a "you *can* have, but some specs lose.

I haven't played Trooper or Bounty Hunter in a while. So thanks. Is Sticky actually gone? Or just they don't use it? Like Operatives rarely used Orbital Strike anyways, but they had it. Do Vanguards *have* sticky, but don't use? Or lost it? Same with the Flamethrower.
Dread Slayer Kelaeon
Concealment/Lethality Operative
Ebon Hawk

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.29.2021 , 01:39 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
I am not okay with that. Force Stasis / Force Choke is a large part of being a Jedi/Sith. It's iconic to the Knight/Warrior. I see no reason why it should be removed.
100% agree. They definitely need to have force choke / force stasis

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
08.29.2021 , 04:00 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by MiralukaJedi View Post
Ah, I wasn't counting things where they get replaced but some have it some don't. But that's good to track it as well.

I feel Project is in a "you *can* have, but some specs lose.

I haven't played Trooper or Bounty Hunter in a while. So thanks. Is Sticky actually gone? Or just they don't use it? Like Operatives rarely used Orbital Strike anyways, but they had it. Do Vanguards *have* sticky, but don't use? Or lost it? Same with the Flamethrower.
Sticky is actually gone for Vanguards (though Commandos still have it). Was removed when they purged a lot of 30m range abilities on Vanguards, they added in Flak Shell to replace but it's not quite the same imo. I liked the sense of imminent doom of Sticky being placed and waiting to explode.

Flamethrower is the same, completely gone from Mercs and removed in favor of an instant ability on PTs, as part of the effort to remove all channels from melee classes.

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
08.29.2021 , 04:07 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
100% agree. They definitely need to have force choke / force stasis
I don't know if I really agree. It feels more iconic Juggernaut than iconic Marauder to me. It being more or less the signature move of Vader who clearly inspired the Juggernaut class. Note sure how I feel about Marauders not having a single hardstun, but flavour wise I don't feel it's that vital to the Marauder.

LordCamTheGreat's Avatar


LordCamTheGreat
08.29.2021 , 06:49 AM | #197
It feels like marauder/sentinel and juggernaut/guardian are being changed to be even more different than they already are on live. On the PTS, guardian feels like a more balanced class with defensives, stuns and damage, while marauder can be much faster with high burst windows and so can dance around targets, but in exchange can't stun to also pin targets down. I do like that CC is being toned down across all classes, at least for PvP. Some of the least fun I have when playing PvP games in general is when I'm not allowed to play the game due to CC. Not having stuns is going to be most annoying when soloing heroics and other PvE content against non boss targets imo.

Force stasis and force choke have always felt more like iconic guardian and juggernaut abilities than sentinel and marauder abilities to me. Obfuscate and force camouflage on the other hand...
Jack of all classes, master of some. Always remember that cake is a lie.

euroDSMtuner's Avatar


euroDSMtuner
08.29.2021 , 12:04 PM | #198
I still do not understand why the dev team thinks all of this class ability rework is all necessary, its been fine for 10 years, but these massive pruning's really isn't.
Re-release the ipp.class.inq.pvp.cdps1.t8x3.waist!

KittyKat_Karrot's Avatar


KittyKat_Karrot
08.29.2021 , 07:04 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Confirming that it is only on Guardians, so what is currently available on Sentinels is intended.
The absolute insanity continues. Why you are so hell-bent on ruining your game?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.30.2021 , 01:02 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
I don't know if I really agree. It feels more iconic Juggernaut than iconic Marauder to me. It being more or less the signature move of Vader who clearly inspired the Juggernaut class. Note sure how I feel about Marauders not having a single hardstun, but flavour wise I don't feel it's that vital to the Marauder.
Let me ask. Do you play pvp?