You guys remember you have an Xpac due out in a few days right?

ArrA

Yeah Cam, but considering this is a 10 year anniversary update you would think they throw some hype in to it? Heck, they made CGI trailers for every other xpac but nothing for this. Extremely underwhelming....

They didn't make CGI trailers for every expansion. The hutt Cartel expansion didn't have any. Either did SoR. I don't even remember one for Onslaught either.

They didn't make CGI trailers for every expansion. The hutt Cartel expansion didn't have any. Either did SoR. I don't even remember one for Onslaught either.

Fair enough, but you do have to agree that so far it's very underwhelming. Their major selling point of picking what ever class you want ISN'T EVEN WORKING! That's just sad. LOL

Fair enough, but you do have to agree that so far it's very underwhelming. Their major selling point of picking what ever class you want ISN'T EVEN WORKING! That's just sad. LOL

That actually doesn't bother me as much, not being able to pick any combat style when I log in at 7.0 release. I picked those AC's for a reason, and really wouldn't change any. With the exception of making my republic tech classes change to the imp mirror version to make gearing easier with MH/OH's.

Edit: in truth, I'll just reroll my commando's and scoundrels and make them mercs, and Ops. It's not like leveling is not easy, and it'll give me something to do.

Edited by Toraak

Maybe that's part of the problem. Hard to attract new players, especially people from outside the MMO "community", when nobody knows you exist.

WoW is failing (as is New World according to their Steam numbers) PLUS 10th anniversary PLUS a new {SOMETHING RESEMBLING A DLC} PLUS Christmas / Holiday shopping season and they can't even be bothered to advertise?

At a MINIMUM, what 7.0 entails AND / OR their plans for the 10th anniversary should've been expressly communicated to THIS community.

Look, if they have four (4) people in Austin who are responsible for everything from server restarts to art and music - then got it. They're understaffed. (That also implies they're not investing in this game, and we're in perpetual maintenance mode)

Otherwise?

"What is you would say, you do around here?"

I don't really see why they need to say anything more when it's literally just the normal outfitter, but now you can stamp a weapon in it.

Keep the stats of the equipped weapon, get the look and sound of the applied outfitter weapon.

Ok but then what happens when you switch combat styles?

Yeah Cam, but considering this is a 10 year anniversary update you would think they throw some hype in to it? Heck, they made CGI trailers for every other xpac but nothing for this. Extremely underwhelming....

Well, did you not watch the latest SWTOR livestream? They teased a new full CGI trailer in it.

If you didn't watch it,

, timestamped to the newly teased cinematic.

Ok but then what happens when you switch combat styles?

We don't have a clear answer on that just like most things that are coming (unless more things are cancelled due to technical reasons).

My current assumption is that switching combat styles will apply whatever your last applied loadout is - along with the gear, outfit, ABC choices etc that are saved with a loadout. That being said, we didn't even get to see loadouts on the PTS when we were told we would, so who knows.

Well, did you not watch the latest SWTOR livestream? They teased a new full CGI trailer in it.

If you didn't watch it,

, timestamped to the newly teased cinematic.

Wouldn't you think said CGI trailer would be released now? It's out in 9 days. I'm not someone to tell someone else how to run their business, but you usually market an Xpac BEFORE it comes out.....

I don't really see why they need to say anything more when it's literally just the normal outfitter, but now you can stamp a weapon in it.

Keep the stats of the equipped weapon, get the look and sound of the applied outfitter weapon.

How do you know? Have you seen it on PTR? I surely haven't! And what about the rumors that it won't be there from the start of 7.0?

Wouldn't you think said CGI trailer would be released now? It's out in 9 days. I'm not someone to tell someone else how to run their business, but you usually market an Xpac BEFORE it comes out.....

Well, they might not want to attract new players until AFTER they've got most of the worst bugs out of the new update. No point attracting new players only for them to look around and leave swearing that they'll never come back.

We don't know how much ahead of the last PTS version the live release will be, but the PTS build played like a game scheduled to release 6 months in the future, not one that did release over 9 years in the past.

Given how untested and unfinished things like character creation, picking combat styles, and the leveling experience (gear/content/abilities) were, and given that those are all things that new players will run into immediately and form their first impressions on, trying to attract all of your hoped influx of new players before you've had a chance to find and remedy any critical bugs in those systems would be somewhat risky as a business strategy.

Not that risk would deter Bioware, but there are potentially good reasons to NOT hype the 7.0 release early.

Edited by Ramalina

Well, they might not want to attract new players until AFTER they've got most of the worst bugs out of the new update. No point attracting new players only for them to look around and leave swearing that they'll never come back.

We don't know how much ahead of the last PTS version the live release will be, but the PTS build played like a game scheduled to release 6 months in the future, not one that did release over 9 years in the past.

Given how untested and unfinished things like character creation, picking combat styles, and the leveling experience (gear/content/abilities) were, and given that those are all things that new players will run into immediately and form their first impressions on, trying to attract all of your hoped influx of new players before you've had a chance to find and remedy any critical bugs in those systems would be somewhat risky as a business strategy.

Not that risk would deter Bioware, but there are potentially good reasons to NOT hype the 7.0 release early.

So, you're telling me they have no faith in their product?

So, you're telling me they have no faith in their product?

Ah, hm, well . . . .

They have a ridiculously strong faith in their judgement with respect to what constitutes good and engaging game design. To the point that if all the PTS forum feedback on a feature is negative, there's theorycrafting and game theory backed up with math to explain why a design choice is a terrible choice, they still need another 9 months of overwhelming negative feedback on live and a trend of decreasing time played/subscription renewals/cartel purchases before being willing to acknowledge that it might have been a mistake that will need a fix in the future.

So in a sense they may have excessive faith in their product.

On the other hand, if you go to the PTS forum, and look at the thread covering what's being tested, you see that on their own list of things to work on 4 weeks before release: 0% are considered done and ready to play, 0% are considered buggy but pretty close to playable after minor fixes, something like 20+ things with major issues or substantially incomplete WIP, and everything else is so unfinished that it's not done enough to meaningfully test.

So their self confidence perhaps had a full speed collision with reality and came away slightly bruised?

They want to do cool things, they believe they can do cool things, judging by the PTS though, they cannot finish doing the cool things they hoped to finish doing by December 14 by December 14.

I believe they can ultimately finish the cool things, and that indeed some (but not all) will indeed be pretty cool. I also believe that having seen the launches of 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 as a subscriber that it is extremely likely that 7.0 will be the most problematic and buggy major version number launch in SWTOR's history. If they had until March I'm sure it could be a smooth and kick *** launch, but clearly someone with lots of authority and little common sense is telling them they have to release on 14th Dec. no matter how unready the product is.