Boba Fett in Mando season 2!!

Sabine and Bo Katan were inevitable. Rex is a surprise, as he would be OLD for a growth accelerated clone.

What I'm just waiting for is Sabine to come on, take off her helmet and start mocking Mando for all the ritualistic "This is the Way" silliness. They could have a lot of fun with the "old school" Mandalorians and the "Tribe"

When last we left Rebels, Ahsoka and Sabine went to go find Ezra. Is he still lost? Will they have a flashback showing how Moff Gideon acquires The Dark Saber from Bo Katan? That's a big time gap until when The Mandalorian picks up. Rex was already an old man in ROTJ , considerably older than Boba. It would be cool to see the two interact if not then just for fan service lol. So Sabine and Bo Katan, real Mandalorians, will bump into the son(Boba) of the template(Jango) of the clones(Rex) who was an exiled Mandalorian. Dinn D'jarin , a foundling Mandalorian , will protect a force sensitive child(baby Yoda) who may or may not be a clone from Kamino from another clone, Boba, by giving him to Ahsoke. Bo Katan knows Rex, or at least recognizes him from Mandalore. When Order 66 happened, the Clones now Stormtroopers occupied Mandalore.

Will she have resentment towards him or the clones? Does she put two and two together and realize Boba and Rex are both clones? Does Ahsoka try to reason with Boba given the good relationship between her and Rex. My brain is going in circles nerdgasming with all the speculation. Side note, I think Darth Vader let Boba Fett slide with back talk in ESB because of his fondness for Rex.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Its going to be hard listening to Rosario Dawson speak, when all I've ever heard from Ahsoka's mouth was Ashley Eckstein's voice.

Yeah man. I'm kinda torn tbh. Ashley is Ahsoka. The voice is hard wired already in most fans ears. Did they shi7 on Ashley? Yeah, kinda, sorta... Then again Ashley doesn't have the physicality to play Ahsoka. Not saying Rosario is going to do it any better though. Rumor is that Ahsoka will only be in one episode. So maybe there isn't that much dialog. Also this takes place years later so I can extend the courtesy of doubt by saying she's older and maturer hence Rosario's voice. It ain't the end for either actress. Ashley will still do voice over Ahsoka work and Rosario will get a spin off series.

Side note, Katee Sackhoff who voices Bo Katan will be playing her. Now she has the prowess for that role.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Yeah man. I'm kinda torn tbh. Ashley is Ahsoka. The voice is hard wired already in most fans ears. Did they shi7 on Ashley? Yeah, kinda, sorta... Then again Ashley doesn't have the physicality to play Ahsoka. Not saying Rosario is going to do it any better though. Rumor is that Ahsoka will only be in one episode. So maybe there isn't that much dialog. Also this takes place years later so I can extend the courtesy of doubt by saying she's older and maturer hence Rosario's voice. It ain't the end for either actress. Ashley will still do voice over Ahsoka work and Rosario will get a spin off series.

Side note, Katee Sackhoff who voices Bo Katan will be playing her. Now she has the prowess for that role.

I don't think it'll be too hard to get used to really, most of the big name characters have multiple actors, esepcially between animated and live action. Dave Filoni is also very much involved in The Mandalorian (and presumably the rumoured Ahsoka spinoff) and is sure to make sure they try to capture as many vocal mannerisms as possible to ease the transition (he does seem to be very protective of the character and doesn't seem to like it when writers go off and do their own thing (see Ahsoka novel retcons in TCW season 7) so I'm pretty sure they'll do her justice)

I for one am very curious to see how the people who've never actually seen Ahsoka before will react to her. Suddenly we have this immensely powerful force user (assuming they show that) dropping in, introducing a whole lot of questions about who she is and how on earth did she get to be there? And all in one episode.

I don't think it'll be too hard to get used to really, most of the big name characters have multiple actors, esepcially between animated and live action. Dave Filoni is also very much involved in The Mandalorian (and presumably the rumoured Ahsoka spinoff) and is sure to make sure they try to capture as many vocal mannerisms as possible to ease the transition (he does seem to be very protective of the character and doesn't seem to like it when writers go off and do their own thing (see Ahsoka novel retcons in TCW season 7) so I'm pretty sure they'll do her justice)

I for one am very curious to see how the people who've never actually seen Ahsoka before will react to her. Suddenly we have this immensely powerful force user (assuming they show that) dropping in, introducing a whole lot of questions about who she is and how on earth did she get to be there? And all in one episode.

Remember that we knew Giancarlo Esposito was going to be in season 1 from the very beginning, and he didn't show up until the last two episodes. If she is truly only going to be in one episode, perhaps its going to be at the end as well?

Otherwise if its a mid-season episode, we'd have to assume that it would be some sort of scenario where Din Djarin realizes that she has the same power as The Child but she either rejects taking care of The Child, or he judges her unworthy. The former is a possibility ... she may be five years deep into her quest with Sabine Wren to find Ezra Bridger, and may not feel it is appropriate to take The Child on that dangerous quest. Plus, I can't imagine she didn't know about or hear about the son of Skywalker who helped defeat the Emperor, which implies she deliberately chose not to join up with Luke ... presumably to go and find Bridger. Maybe Luke actually encouraged her to go and find Bridger, so both of them could help him rebuild the Order. But then, in the final episode, Tano would tell Djarin to find Skywalker, as the new Jedi Order would be the closest thing to family for The Child.

But I cannot see Djarin rejecting her as unworthy. He knows nothing of the Force, let alone the Jedi Order, and therefore would have no knowledge of the circumstances under which Tano left the Order. Even though she doesn't self-identify as a Jedi during her arc in Rebels, she reconciles with Yoda in the temple on Lothal and appears to have adopted the monastic nature of the Jedi by the epilogue. The fact that the Jedi were "ancient enemies" as described by The Armorer didn't stop him from taking The Child into his clan, in fact he was instructed to take The Child to the so-called "ancient enemies" anyway as his duty. So, just being an ancient enemy wouldn't, in and of itself, preclude Tano from being worthy to take custody of The Child. I can't think of a specific reason why he would judge her unworthy, dishonorable, etc.

Remember that we knew Giancarlo Esposito was going to be in season 1 from the very beginning, and he didn't show up until the last two episodes. If she is truly only going to be in one episode, perhaps its going to be at the end as well?

Otherwise if its a mid-season episode, we'd have to assume that it would be some sort of scenario where Din Djarin realizes that she has the same power as The Child but she either rejects taking care of The Child, or he judges her unworthy. The former is a possibility ... she may be five years deep into her quest with Sabine Wren to find Ezra Bridger, and may not feel it is appropriate to take The Child on that dangerous quest. Plus, I can't imagine she didn't know about or hear about the son of Skywalker who helped defeat the Emperor, which implies she deliberately chose not to join up with Luke ... presumably to go and find Bridger. Maybe Luke actually encouraged her to go and find Bridger, so both of them could help him rebuild the Order. But then, in the final episode, Tano would tell Djarin to find Skywalker, as the new Jedi Order would be the closest thing to family for The Child.

But I cannot see Djarin rejecting her as unworthy. He knows nothing of the Force, let alone the Jedi Order, and therefore would have no knowledge of the circumstances under which Tano left the Order. Even though she doesn't self-identify as a Jedi during her arc in Rebels, she reconciles with Yoda in the temple on Lothal and appears to have adopted the monastic nature of the Jedi by the epilogue. The fact that the Jedi were "ancient enemies" as described by The Armorer didn't stop him from taking The Child into his clan, in fact he was instructed to take The Child to the so-called "ancient enemies" anyway as his duty. So, just being an ancient enemy wouldn't, in and of itself, preclude Tano from being worthy to take custody of The Child. I can't think of a specific reason why he would judge her unworthy, dishonorable, etc.

My money is it will be in the season finale. Those are usually the best time to drop bombshells, and Ahsoka has the potential to drop a big bombshell (or, I think more likely, lots of little bombshells that fans will be hyper-analyzing for months)

That being said, for all we know, there won't even be any direct contact between Ahsoka and Mando, and Mando doesn't seem to know much about the Jedi so even if they did, it's unlikely he'd even recognize her as a Jedi, considering last time we see her she's doing an excellent Gandalf the White impersonation.

We also don't know what history there is between Luke and Ahsoka. It would strike me as a bit weird for them to have never met at all post ROTJ. Perhaps she foresaw disaster and when he refused to listen, she left him to his devices to go off on/continue the hunt for Ezra, which would also explain why she wouldn't send The Child off to him.

For that matter, we don't know much of Ahsoka's current motives/mental state, or even how long she was stuck on Malachor. There are still questions about why did she take so long to turn up? was it something as mundane as she couldn't get off Malachor? or did her internal turmoil cause her to go into hiding for awhile just like she did post Order 66? Also, why is she placing the hunt for Ezra above aiding a fledgling New Republic? Is Ezra even her primary goal or is it Thrawn? (we know Sabine is hunting Ezra, but we don't hear Ahsoka's motives for tagging along)

Lots of interesting questions, and I doubt we're going to get more than breadcrumbs in season 2, the meat will be in the Ahsoka series (assuming rumours are true)

Disney is taking a page from the MCU by creating an intertwining series of stories. Ahsoka's appearance will be a plot device for her spin off. Now the thing is that there is also a supposed Rebels continuation as well. Which one will be searching for Ezra? The five year time gap between Rebels and Mando covers RoTJ. I assume that would be the search for Ezra. Could also have a mention of Ahsoka hearing of or meeting Luke. Fan Favorite Sebastian Stan could play Luke for that time period. When we see Ahsoka, Sabine, Rex, and Hera(yes Hera too! :p) I think it'll be at the end of Mando s2. I think they will take Baby Yoda off Dinn D'Jarin's hands and into Ahsoka's series. Now with Boba Fett, like Ahsoka, he too will have a small part in s2. My money is it involves Bo Katan, Moff Gideon, and the Dark saber. I think there will a major character turn for him and perhaps become a "good guy". If they show in a flashback how he escapes the sarlac I'd be so freaking happy. In season 3 will he have a much bigger part. However, the cameos will be peppered as to not over shadow Dinn. This will set up a future Boba Fett movie or series.

I really like this approach.

This in my opinion is the future of Star Wars: High Quality cartoons, featurettes, series, and movies.

Disney is taking a page from the MCU by creating an intertwining series of stories. Ahsoka's appearance will be a plot device for her spin off. Now the thing is that there is also a supposed Rebels continuation as well. Which one will be searching for Ezra? The five year time gap between Rebels and Mando covers RoTJ. I assume that would be the search for Ezra. Could also have a mention of Ahsoka hearing of or meeting Luke. Fan Favorite Sebastian Stan could play Luke for that time period. When we see Ahsoka, Sabine, Rex, and Hera(yes Hera too! :p) I think it'll be at the end of Mando s2. I think they will take Baby Yoda off Dinn D'Jarin's hands and into Ahsoka's series. Now with Boba Fett, like Ahsoka, he too will have a small part in s2. My money is it involves Bo Katan, Moff Gideon, and the Dark saber. I think there will a major character turn for him and perhaps become a "good guy". If they show in a flashback how he escapes the sarlac I'd be so freaking happy. In season 3 will he have a much bigger part. However, the cameos will be peppered as to not over shadow Dinn. This will set up a future Boba Fett movie or series.

I really like this approach.

This in my opinion is the future of Star Wars: High Quality cartoons, featurettes, series, and movies.

To be fair, we don't know if the Rebels sequel and the Ahsoka spin-off are actually different series. With Ahsoka and Savine off chasing Ezra post ROTJ, that doesn't leave much room for 2 series that cover a lot of the same characters

And I seriously doubt they'll give Baby Yoda to Ahsoka. He's just such a good juxtaposition for Mando they're not going to want to let that go.

Yeah he's cute and has mass appeal but Baby Yoda is a gimmick that they shouldn't rely on. It's too cheesy! The novelty act only lasts so long. I like to see Dinn stand on his own with out these things. Edited by TonyTricicolo

Seen as The Mandolaorian is based in between the og and new trilogy and we saw boba fett get killed in the return of the jedi, i think its unlikely which is annoying because we didn't get to see much of him.

it's been confirmed by everyone except disney that boba will be in s2. personally, i think he was in s1 episode 5 at the end. it was either him or Cobb Vanth.

timothy olyphant has been confirmed to be in s2 as well, maybe as Cobb.

question for me is this, will boba fett get his armor back? does he even need to? our main character dons cooler looking armor than boba fett or Jango ever had, so why not give boba a new look and either kill or leave cobb alone?

Will we see Boba Fett's iconic armor? Yes and I also bet they will reference that it's not made out of Beskar due to the dents.

Edit: Timothy Olyphant is in this too? I loved him in Deadwood :)

Oh and BTW, Micheal Biehn is also in the show too. Kyle Reese baby!

It gets better and better every day!

Edited by TonyTricicolo