Your favorite ship/build for TDM?

Gundahar

Hello anybody! How's things? Good I hope.

Looking to try some different ships out for TDM and don't want to burn my saved up req on bad builds. Already been to that movie. I am hoping people will share their preferred ship and build for solo TDM. It can be anything you like so don't be shy. Rika destroyed my team the other day with an EMP bomber. I saw it happening and went after them to see what the deal was. Yepppp took away my piledriver swap and engine break. Then fed me a prototorp. SALUTE lol! I didn't know bombers could have EMP. At any rate just an example to say that all ships can be good.

The Rycer/Starguard is currently my go to ship for TDM. I am ready to move on. It's a great ship that has a lot of tools available. I have tried them all and liked pretty much every single set up. Some better than others. I keep going back to the same build because I always fly solo and for me it checks the most boxes. Here it is.

Primary 1: Heavy Laser with AP/SP

Primary 2: Rapid Fire Laser with Firing arc/ shield dmg

Secondary: Cluster Missile with range/dbl volley - not the most pwrful but sooo handy against top pilots that I keep putting them back on my ship.

Shield: Quick Charge with regen under fire.

Engine: Retro thrusters with turning.

Capacitor: Range. Seems dumb to take range over a DPS increase. When I actually tried it out for a while I noticed a nice accuracy increase. Landing more shots = more dps.

Magazine: Efficient targeting

Reactor:: turbo

Thrusters: Turning

Crew

Co - Hydro spanner

O - Gault/B3G9

D - Writch Hurley/Doc

T - Scorpio/Elara Dorne

Eng - Blizz/C2N2

Anyone willing to share their preferred ship and build for TDM?

I got help with a T2F build that is really fun. Going to stick with that for a while. Kind of a spontaneous question and answer thing from somebody cool. Can dismiss this or if ppl want to share for conversation I am definitely curious what others like to fly.

Primary 1: Heavy Laser with AP/SP

Primary 2: Rapid Fire Laser with Firing arc/ shield dmg

Secondary: Cluster Missile with range/dbl volley - not the most pwrful but sooo handy against top pilots that I keep putting them back on my ship.

Shield: Quick Charge with regen under fire.

Engine: Retro thrusters with turning.

Capacitor: Range. Seems dumb to take range over a DPS increase. When I actually tried it out for a while I noticed a nice accuracy increase. Landing more shots = more dps.

Magazine: Efficient targeting

Reactor:: turbo

Thrusters: Turning

Crew

Co - Hydro spanner

O - Gault/B3G9

D - Writch Hurley/Doc

T - Scorpio/Elara Dorne

Eng - Blizz/C2N2

Most of what you put here I'd say is personal preference, the only thing I outright disagree with is your use of Efficient Targeting. That takes Clusters from 1.3 lock-on to 1.1. Not a huge gain, but the loss of Regeneration Extender is a huge dps loss for this ship.

Wow I wasn't really expecting to defend my flying or my ship. Was hoping to start a conversation on different ships. I never run out of blaster power. Ever. 0 dps loss. If you are wondering "Do I shoot my blasters?" - my personal best is 93,673 dmg and 17 kills. In domination. TDM It's lower 16 kills and 82758 dmg. 0 power ups used. think I already showed a screenshot of that one couple weeks ago. Good luck getting those numbers with missiles.

Can rip a cluster off in many tight spots to keep pressure on in a close fight. For me this is a good thing. Power, regen, and ammo aren't needed for me and targeting at least provides a benefit, however small. I already know this is considered by many to be a "bad build". Or at best "good against scouts". I can hold my own with it in every situation. That's why I like it. Other builds more specific to a certain task or type of match also work great. I have used them all. A lot. And kept track of changes in results good or bad. This build rocks and I always go back to it.

If I were looking for orthodox builds I would just keep using Drak's excellent work. He has already done all of the testing and was kind enough to recommend builds for everyone based on the results. I have flown them all and they are all strong builds. Was really hoping for the "personal preference" perspective with my question. Not specific to this ship and build because I am pretty confident I am the only one flying this set up.

T1G and T2F are my common choices. T1F is third option, but I don't use it often. I think that it is good ship, it has no flaws but doesn't really benefit you either. It's the ship for match when you want to play in the safest way.

Once you've mastered T2S, it can be decent in TDMs as well. During my 100 games scout-only challenge I went 38-15 (71,70%) on this ship. You need to know precisely how to hunt your targets though.

So, let's say, my Tier 1 options are T1G and T2F, Tier 2 are T2S, T1F, T3G.

T2G is Tier 3, I take it when match is not much serious and you can be sure that you will freecast most of the time. Plasma-Slug combo is fun though.

Bombers are not included because I don't fly them, and I'm not sure about T3F. It's options are Slicing, Repairs and Combat Command. I highly dislike RS for being annoying skill with stupid concept of "I can't kill targets who have shields, engines and missile breaks, so give me a button which removes it from them", so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. You will become dumb with it. Repairs and CC are support options which can be good for you if you like to save and help people around or you are in group with someone. If you're flying solo, probably not the best option.

Wow I wasn't really expecting to defend my flying or my ship. Was hoping to start a conversation on different ships. I never run out of blaster power. Ever. 0 dps loss. If you are wondering "Do I shoot my blasters?" - my personal best is 93,673 dmg and 17 kills. In domination. TDM It's lower 16 kills and 82758 dmg. 0 power ups used. think I already showed a screenshot of that one couple weeks ago. Good luck getting those numbers with missiles.

Can rip a cluster off in many tight spots to keep pressure on in a close fight. For me this is a good thing. Power, regen, and ammo aren't needed for me and targeting at least provides a benefit, however small. I already know this is considered by many to be a "bad build". Or at best "good against scouts". I can hold my own with it in every situation. That's why I like it. Other builds more specific to a certain task or type of match also work great. I have used them all. A lot. And kept track of changes in results good or bad. This build rocks and I always go back to it.

If I were looking for orthodox builds I would just keep using Drak's excellent work. He has already done all of the testing and was kind enough to recommend builds for everyone based on the results. I have flown them all and they are all strong builds. Was really hoping for the "personal preference" perspective with my question. Not specific to this ship and build because I am pretty confident I am the only one flying this set up.

Wow! I didn't know you were going to be completely resistant to criticism/feedback. If you do well enough on your build, that's fine. More power to you. That's not to say you couldn't do better with some tweeks. Those are some respectable numbers you can put out with a sub-optimal build, just imagine what you could do if you were open to making some changes and getting out of your comfort zone. The fact that you don't run out of juice in this build shows me that you really like the missile spam (the fact that you've switched to the T2F reinforces this), go nuts and do you. There are plenty of matches where all I hear is someone trying to do a missile lock on me, and when I constantly break LOS and they aren't able to get that lock they just simply can't kill me. If that's the pigeon hole you want to put yourself in, go for it as it makes my life easier. If you want to challenge yourself, the true aces focus on blasters (I am by no means an ace, but maybe one day).

He actually is doing him. He stated his components, crew and what not. He likes the build and uses it.

He asked for what ships/builds others like to fly.

Like, people dont like my scout build, because they dont consider it old school enough. Only because I use retro, and not power dive. Its the only difference. I get dinged alot about that. But i prefer retro, and will continue to use it. yes, PD has a quicker cool down, and also you can use it without engine power. But, in these days of missile spam, I really dont need the "it doesnt need engine power" aspect. I just dont like how PD takes you out of position when attacking and have to use it.

So, I do in fact do me.

And, everyone else should do them. Until they find, hey I can do better with this tweak.

• 5 weeks later...

Unfoldingsquid... every one of your assumptions are wrong. Congratulations on 100%.

Remi - thanks for the info. LOVE that T2F build having a lot of fun with the EMP's :D Still haven't done much GS flying. Just enough to get the achievements. Focusing on the scouts currently. Sorry I hadn't checked back sooner really appreciate the help.

Philwil - thanks! you're awesome. Hadn't been back to check the forums for a while. Glad I did today you made my day.