A Day in the Life of Powertechs and Vanguards

DanielSteed

That Shield Tech example is a lie. Any AOE damage done to those 'pack of adds' you speak of will kill you instantly unless you have a reflect...which the powertech does not. Heat blast and firestorm are both AOE skills and will kill the powertech from reflect damage.

Did you even play NiM Kephess fight?

Also Power Yield as it is right now is a terrible ability. Its a defensive/offensive hybrid that requires you to take damage to be useful and its not even good at that. (powertechs are the squishiest of all tanks) 200% armor is worthless against armor penetration skills and 10% damage buff is too low for its long cooldown to make it worth using.

Edited by toomanyluigis

Kephess just retreated for the first time, and our Powertech knows that packs of enemies are about to appear.

I guess our Powertech doesn't know the fight so well. Kephess comes down for the first time after the two big droids are killed, which is the next phase after the trenchcutter/warrior packs are dealt with. Once Kephess starts coming down, there are no more adds, except the lone bomber.

Power Yield is still weaksauce compared to Force Speed. Not to mention Force Shroud. That and the above kinda reinforce the -no doubt mistaken- perception that whoever is coming up with these changes doesn't really play the game.

Edited by Unperson

While I like the added flavor of the examples, the fact that they are so wrong really turns me off.

Several parts of the Kephess fight description are incorrect, and the PT's actions would lead to him dieing instantly to the adds. Also I don't see most Tanks bringing damage dealing sets into NiM Warlord Kephess as good advice either, Kephess himself still hits like a Mack Truck.

Edited by Terro_Fett

If power yield is going to make PT tanks less squishy and be anyway useful this might work:

Power Yield:

Activates an absorption field that absorbs 80% of all damage for 6 seconds and absorbing damage this way will grant a stack of Power Yield which can stack up to a maximum of 5 times. When the absorption field ends, all damage dealt by you is increased by 10% per stack of Power Yield for 6 seconds.

This way it becomes an ability that absorbs damage to increase your own damage.

Edited by toomanyluigis

Meeeh, Eric.

It's getting more and more complicated ....

Please again for stupid ones.

We have 16 Advanced Classes. (Without DISCIPLINES).

How many sets per class are there?

How many tactical items are there per class? Can you use several tactical items?

How does it work with charging? Are the tactical objects broken when the cargoes are empty?