Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I have seen no one talking about this, maybe it's not allowed, sorry...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
I have seen no one talking about this, maybe it's not allowed, sorry...

Fylimar's Avatar


Fylimar
11.30.2020 , 02:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
I mean, there have been lots of Jedi temples on Tython. And ours isn't exactly at the top of a mountain.
You are probably right.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
11.30.2020 , 09:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post

Spoiler
Well, according to the Clone Wars series...
Spoiler
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

jedimasterjac's Avatar


jedimasterjac
11.30.2020 , 09:24 AM | #23
Honestly, the mention of
Spoiler
was really disappointing to me. I'm sure lots of folks freaked out because he's popular, but it's weird to me to introduce a threat like Gideon, do basically nothing to develop him, and then introduce an EU character that lots of folks watching the show have never even heard of.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
11.30.2020 , 11:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Well, according to the Clone Wars series...
Spoiler
Yes .. that is initially correct. Thanks for the reminder. Yet it was suggested (sorry I can't remember exactly where )

Spoiler


I also would not be surprised if
Spoiler


I am looking forward to see if this series on the Mandalorian continues to unfold as well as it has thus far.

EDIT: thanks for such a pleasant discussion on this !!
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
12.01.2020 , 08:36 AM | #25
Good points.

I remember being ridiculously frustrated watching the prequel movies when Anakin fell. It felt sudden and very poorly justified. Filoni came in with Clone Wars and fixed it. He gave Anakin a gradual descent into darkness that made sense. Instead of shaking my head and sighing, I felt sorrow when Anakin fell in the animated series. It finally made sense. I developed much more of an emotional attachment to animated Anakin than to Hayden Christensen's take.

Like others, I'm not thrilled about the return of Thrawn. He's a good character, don't get me wrong. I loved him in Rebels. I also love Ahsoka. I just feel like The Mandalorian was special because it introduced new characters, and now they're being overshadowed by classic characters.

But, at the end of the day, I trust Filoni. Even if I can't imagine how it will be good, he'll somehow make it awesome.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
12.01.2020 , 11:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Good points.

I remember being ridiculously frustrated watching the prequel movies when Anakin fell. It felt sudden and very poorly justified. Filoni came in with Clone Wars and fixed it. He gave Anakin a gradual descent into darkness that made sense. Instead of shaking my head and sighing, I felt sorrow when Anakin fell in the animated series. It finally made sense. I developed much more of an emotional attachment to animated Anakin than to Hayden Christensen's take.

Like others, I'm not thrilled about the return of Thrawn. He's a good character, don't get me wrong. I loved him in Rebels. I also love Ahsoka. I just feel like The Mandalorian was special because it introduced new characters, and now they're being overshadowed by classic characters.

But, at the end of the day, I trust Filoni. Even if I can't imagine how it will be good, he'll somehow make it awesome.
Well said !!
I do believe that Filoni is trying to clean up a lot of the "disturbances" left behind by other writers / directors and is genuinely trying to bring an overall cohesiveness to the SW saga.

IMO... his influence .. so far so good !
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"

jedimasterjac's Avatar


jedimasterjac
12.01.2020 , 12:53 PM | #27
Out of curiosity, does anyone have friends who enjoy the show but aren't familiar with
Spoiler
, etc.? How do they feel about what's going on?
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
12.01.2020 , 07:20 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Like others, I'm not thrilled about the return of Thrawn. He's a good character, don't get me wrong. I loved him in Rebels. I also love Ahsoka. I just feel like The Mandalorian was special because it introduced new characters, and now they're being overshadowed by classic characters.

But, at the end of the day, I trust Filoni. Even if I can't imagine how it will be good, he'll somehow make it awesome.
The key thing to remember here I think is that Thrawn has not actually come back. He was name dropped in relation to Ahsoka's quest (which we don't even know what it is exactly, since Ezra was not name dropped).

Honestly, I'll be surprised if his name is mentioned at all in the rest of the season, just as i don't think Ahsoka will be re-appearing this season. Should Ahsoka re-appear in season 3 or 4 (which I think is likely considering she seemed to be very well received by audiences, and because Filoni can't help but bring her into his projects), it'll probably be little more than an intersection of stories, and Thrawn will likely be handled the same way.



One thing i'm curious about though in regards to Tython, Are we going to take awhile getting there? So far in the show we've been operating in a relatively small part of the Outer Rim, whereas Tython is in the Deep Core. Will he be able to just hyperspace straight there? or will he have to make his way through New Republic territory first? Will be interesting to see what they do
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
12.02.2020 , 08:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
The key thing to remember here I think is that Thrawn has not actually come back. He was name dropped in relation to Ahsoka's quest (which we don't even know what it is exactly, since Ezra was not name dropped).

Honestly, I'll be surprised if his name is mentioned at all in the rest of the season, just as i don't think Ahsoka will be re-appearing this season. Should Ahsoka re-appear in season 3 or 4 (which I think is likely considering she seemed to be very well received by audiences, and because Filoni can't help but bring her into his projects), it'll probably be little more than an intersection of stories, and Thrawn will likely be handled the same way.



One thing i'm curious about though in regards to Tython, Are we going to take awhile getting there? So far in the show we've been operating in a relatively small part of the Outer Rim, whereas Tython is in the Deep Core. Will he be able to just hyperspace straight there? or will he have to make his way through New Republic territory first? Will be interesting to see what they do
I'd expect the next episode not to be him going directly to Tython, something will appear that will take him out of that course.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
12.02.2020 , 09:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
The key thing to remember here I think is that Thrawn has not actually come back. He was name dropped in relation to Ahsoka's quest (which we don't even know what it is exactly, since Ezra was not name dropped).
He has to be back because...
Spoiler


I have friends who didn't watch Rebels or Clone Wars, didn't read any of the novels, and didn't follow the comics/graphic novels. They are very much enjoying The Mandalorian and are able to follow the story without back knowledge. Even though they don't spot the Easter Eggs and callbacks, they are having fun. They've also become interested enough in Star Wars to do a little reading online about Ahsoka, Thrawn, and other characters.

BTW, if you haven't tried the Mandalorian breakfast cereal, it's very tasty!
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--