Legacy of the Sith subscriber reward?

Kovu-Rah

I've been playing this game since around the release of Rise of the Hutt Cartel and subscribed on and off.

Legacy of the Sith will be the first expansion I experience at launch (within the first year of its launch, even.)

But I'm rather disappointed to see there are no subscriber rewards this time around.

When Onslaught launched, all subscribers got the nautolan species for free.

Knights of the Fallen Empire had a bunch of exclusive subscriber rewards leading up to its launch.

The first two expansions had this whole pre-order business.

I haven't seen any such things announced for LotS. Did I miss an announcement somewhere or am I just too late to the party?

I've been playing this game since around the release of Rise of the Hutt Cartel and subscribed on and off.

Legacy of the Sith will be the first expansion I experience at launch (within the first year of its launch, even.)

But I'm rather disappointed to see there are no subscriber rewards this time around.

When Onslaught launched, all subscribers got the nautolan species for free.

Knights of the Fallen Empire had a bunch of exclusive subscriber rewards leading up to its launch.

The first two expansions had this whole pre-order business.

I haven't seen any such things announced for LotS. Did I miss an announcement somewhere or am I just too late to the party?

It was in the same notes where they talked about Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.

It was in the same notes where they talked about Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.

And would you be so kind as to provide me with a link or point me in the right direction?

I don't remember seeing those notes and I can't find them in the usual places.

They may have stopped doing subscriber rewards due to the fact for those individuals who were not sub or were not here at the time come to the forums requesting those sub rewards at a later date and then an argument ensues about it.

That would be great, limited time rewards are quite a terrible and manipulative thing imo

I'm thinking rewards that previously would be subscriber rewards are now part of the Galactic Seasons system. The advantage for subscribers is much faster progression. They get everything without having to do much whereas free players have to do every objective weekly to keep up. Plus, subscribers have the subscriber track on top of the free track. I could be wrong and welcome any clarification from Bioware. Edited by ThanderSnB

They may have stopped doing subscriber rewards due to the fact for those individuals who were not sub or were not here at the time come to the forums requesting those sub rewards at a later date and then an argument ensues about it.

Oh, crickey...

Do you remember... was it last year? the year before? Someone on the Bioware end mis-entered something and accidentally made all the Anniversary exclusives from previous years available again in the Anniversary Vendor that year - the Alliance Sculpture, the Fireworks Launcher, etc... Remember the outcry that resulted from that faux pas?

Edited by turbomagnus

Oh, crickey...

Do you remember... was it last year? the year before? Someone on the Bioware end mis-entered something and accidentally made all the Anniversary exclusives from previous years available again in the Anniversary Vendor that year - the Alliance Sculpture, the Fireworks Launcher, etc... Remember the outcry that resulted from that faux pas?

Yes, hilarious. Pre-heat SWTOR forums to 430 degrees F, bake for 2 weeks, let cool to a burned pile of cinders.

I think instead of asking for yet another exclusive sub rewards so some players can feel special and better than the F2P and Preferred peasants, I'd much rather have the devs use the limited time that they have to keep working on the pretty substantial mechanical changes that we will be getting in less than two weeks. We have Galactic Seasons now and no need for this exclusive sub reward humbug anymore.

I am almost certain that we are gonna see a myriad of bugs coming december 14th that have to be ironed out over the course of the following months. Please let them do that instead of expecting special treatment. Your sub will simply buy you access to the expansion and that's it.

Edited by Phazonfreak