Anyone else hoping for at least one cool cutscene moment for OUR characters in 7.0?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just put one of my Shadows through the only really good part of KOTFE (to me), the Arcann fight in Chapter 16. It's literally one of the only times in the entire story and hours of cutscenes that shows OUR CHARACTER in a cool cinematic saber fight. Even on my non force users they made that fight look good to my recollection. Why oh why don't they do this more often? I didn't spend however many billion credits and real money on CM items for you to NOT showcase them in cutscenes...

Like, basically every other character BUT you gets a few cool fight scenes in the story. Especially in KOTFE/ET. They show Senya being epic like ten separate times for god sakes. We can't get more? The Chapter 16 one is amazing. I vote for more. Lots more. Basically every large boss fight should finish with some cutscene swordplay/gunfighting imo. Show us how the fight canonically ends. Malgus better get some of that treatment when we bust him

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I would like for a SWTOR story to have like three things going on at the same time like toward the end of The Phantom Menace and Return of the Jedi. Or even just two things, like Rogue One. Epic and grand climatic lightsaber duel, space battle*, and ground battle all in one! More cutscenes of things happening rather than people just standing and talking.

*How about the ships you see in GSF actually being used outside of GSF for once?

Edited by ForfiniteStories

A cinematic battle would be nice, but I'd also like a cinematic wedding ceremony with my character's fiance. We got the proposal, so we can head canon we got married, but having something official would be nice. Don't even need the entire ceremony. No voice acting, just show it being done then they kiss with music like they did with Anakin and Padme. It would also be nice to have a cut scene available where if you end the game on your ship you're in your quarters and there's your love interest. Same when you log in. Show the romance is there.

A cinematic battle would be nice, but I'd also like a cinematic wedding ceremony with my character's fiance. We got the proposal, so we can head canon we got married, but having something official would be nice. Don't even need the entire ceremony. No voice acting, just show it being done then they kiss with music like they did with Anakin and Padme. It would also be nice to have a cut scene available where if you end the game on your ship you're in your quarters and there's your love interest. Same when you log in. Show the romance is there.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but didn't they do a wedding for characters who romanced Lana? (Maybe Theron too? Haven't had a character romance him through KOTET just yet but he and Lana usually have some mirrored options and outcomes that way). Or was that just a proposal too?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but didn't they do a wedding for characters who romanced Lana? (Maybe Theron too? Haven't had a character romance him through KOTET just yet but he and Lana usually have some mirrored options and outcomes that way). Or was that just a proposal too?

Just a proposal.

I'm sick of the Lana favoritism. I'm so sick of it that I want to kill her. (That's neither normal nor healthy for the storyline.)

If Lana gets a wedding scene, all engaged companions need to get a wedding scene, especially a nice Mandalorian one for Torian and Akaavi.

Edited by Cedia

Could be epic... but what about non-force users? Seeing the pew pew characters fighting with Arcann in those fight scenes made me giggle. It is feasible to make a convincing fight for pewpew VS lightsabers, but I don't think the animator's paid enough to compose such a scene :D

Could be epic... but what about non-force users? Seeing the pew pew characters fighting with Arcann in those fight scenes made me giggle. It is feasible to make a convincing fight for pewpew VS lightsabers, but I don't think the animator's paid enough to compose such a scene :D

Really? Like I said I thought in my pew pew playthroughs, as you say, that the Arcann fight ended pretty well. Like, it's been a while, but I don't specifically remember thinking "Wow that's dumb" or anything like that.

I'm sick of the Lana favoritism. I'm so sick of it that I want to kill her. (That's neither normal nor healthy for the storyline.)

If Lana gets a wedding scene, all engaged companions need to get a wedding scene, especially a nice Mandalorian one for Torian and Akaavi.

I was sick of Lana long long ago, but I've come to accept her. Because she's here for the long haul. That couldn't be clearer at this point. She must be an easy VA for them to keep on retainer, so thats why we get so much Lana. If it wasn't her, it'd be someone else you'd be sick of. Cos they can't support having lots of choosable main characters or love interests anymore, they simply don't have the means, so it's always gonna be an overdose of one or two characters, and you're always gonna get sick of em.

The way I see it, if we are stuck with Lana (and Theron) then they should go all in on the love story and do the wedding I guess. I'd rather the option than no option for anything with anyone

/agreed.

If they can't do a wedding for all characters, then no one should get it as it plays into their favoritism.

/agreed.

If they can't do a wedding for all characters, then no one should get it as it plays into their favoritism.

Seems very selfish to me. I mean, I wanna have my BH marry Mako as much as you want whoever it is you like best to get a marriage scene. But I'm not voting to ruin what COULD be possible for other people just because my ideal scenario isn't possible. Basically what you are suggesting is marriages for EVERYONE, literally what, like 20 different LI's all with seperate VO actors to pay? Or else nobody gets anything..? Well, we'll get nothing then. Much like the kid who demands 20 Christmas presents or none at all. You'll be getting none.

Although honestly, I don't really care, marriage scenes wasn't really the type of cool scene I was talking about with this post anyways lol

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Seems very selfish to me. I mean, I wanna have my BH marry Mako as much as you want whoever it is you like best to get a marriage scene. But I'm not voting to ruin what COULD be possible for other people just because my ideal scenario isn't possible. Basically what you are suggesting is marriages for EVERYONE, literally what, like 20 different LI's all with seperate VO actors to pay? Or else nobody gets anything..? Well, we'll get nothing then. Much like the kid who demands 20 Christmas presents or none at all. You'll be getting none.

Although honestly, I don't really care, marriage scenes wasn't really the type of cool scene I was talking about with this post anyways lol

It's not like your marriage ceremony to Mako has to be different from another marriage ceremony to Vette or whatever. They could reuse some of them. But Mandalorian fans really do need a special one since they're pretty much keeping this game afloat at this point.

So I am selfish because I am sick and tired of Lana having all the scenes, that is fine with me. I was at one time understanding but that has long passed considering how much they "push" Lana into every scene and kill the ones I get a relationship with, but no that isn't selfish at all when people demand they kill certain companions, now is it?

Says a lot about Bioware that what people are begging from them, the former masters of video game storytelling, is all but one measly action sequence.

I too hope for cool moments, even more I'd like if they really differentiated between lightsaber/non classes and made some cool scenes with our pew-pew characters too. Even though they were cool, it always irked me somewhat that my ranged characters often fight in melee range.

Let my smuggler make some street-wise maneuvers or let my troopers blast them with heavy fire!

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

Only the marriage proposals, which I agree are very nice to have. Hooray Bioware. A wedding scene would be something new, even if your fiance is a returning Class Companion because during Class Story you don't get a wedding. It happens off screen, so a reunited wedding would work. The thing is for those players who are really into the story content of everything, not just the plot, romances matter and they are annoyed it gets ignored. They are upset they don't even get love letters in mail, and quite a few are angry it's always Lana Beniko who's in their face when they wake up from injury or force coma or whatever. That was ok during Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne but not for every instance afterwards. They want the romance acknowledged in game. Accepting the expense involved to get the Voice Actors to say stuff they'll be happy if it's just cinematic programming with music.

So I am selfish because I am sick and tired of Lana having all the scenes, that is fine with me. I was at one time understanding but that has long passed considering how much they "push" Lana into every scene and kill the ones I get a relationship with, but no that isn't selfish at all when people demand they kill certain companions, now is it?

Stop making me into a straw man. I didn't suggest it wasn't selfish to kill off characters you like or whatever tangent you just went on.. I said it's selfish to restrict the remaining ones just because you are salty that you can't get exactly what you want anymore. I can't either, do you see me whining and demanding Lana be ruined too?

In the last story update your Sith character couldn't even manage to kill one measly Jedi. I've lost all hope that it's going to get any better in the future.

Yeah... The badly aimed force powers bit was a terrible mechanism of letting her survive lol. I'm all for blocking kill options that way though tbh. Let us have the option to try, but if they NEED that character for future story, write around it. Have them rescued out of nowhere etc. There's a hundred better ways than missing with the force lol. I liked how Satele survives Sith encounters with her in Chapter 12 of KOTFE for instance, you go to kill her but she disappears with her master force powers. That was cool to me. Of course it sucks that I'm then forced to go and rescue her and her students a few expansions later no matter how much I want her dead... Shoulda had more "I wanna kill her" dialogue in that for Sith

Same here. I actually liked Lana at first but the more time that went on and the more she was favored, hogged all the companion spotlight, forced on us, acts as if she's our love interest or BFF regardless of how WE feel about it the more I resented her. At this point I would sacrifice all of my 100% LS characters alignment and personality to be able to stab her in the eye and throw her off a cliff the next time we wake up to her face looming over us as we sleep. I believe we all know that if any character would get an actual marriage ceremony it would be Lana and likely only her.

As for the actual topic of the OP, I really wish that we could get more scenes like that as well. I feel like way too often random NPCs are given the spotlight while we just stand there like an idiot. The Spirit of Vengeance flashpoint annoyed me that way, 1) We had to take a back seat to this random grunt who just appeared while he does everything and makes all the decisions and 2) It decided to make our character a horrible pilot and our character and only our character is apparently famous for just crashing shuttles all over the place and being incompetent (I haven't tried it on a Smuggler yet, but despite the Smuggler being a famously great pilot, I doubt the scene and email will be any different). It feels like most of the more "recent" content has been like that to some degree, we're demoted back to chump errand boy who is bossed around by everyone, respected by few, never comes up with any ideas or solutions and has to be spoken to like a child, etc...while NPCs take the spotlight, come up with all the solutions, and are the competent ones.

Edited by Nefla

Same here. I actually liked Lana at first but the more time that went on and the more she was favored, hogged all the companion spotlight, forced on us, acts as if she's our love interest or BFF regardless of how WE feel about it the more I resented her. At this point I would sacrifice all of my 100% LS characters alignment and personality to be able to stab her in the eye and throw her off a cliff the next time we wake up to her face looming over us as we sleep. I believe we all know that if any character would get an actual marriage ceremony it would be Lana and likely only her.

Preach. One of the reasons I'm playing my BH is because I'm hoping that, with the Mandalorian shows' current popularity, we Torian and Akaavi fans might get thrown a bone, while we all know that of course Lana will get the steak.

Seriously, how hard would it have been for them to put our LI's face looking over us when we wake in those short scenes?

As for the actual topic of the OP, I really wish that we could get more scenes like that as well. I feel like way too often random NPCs are given the spotlight while we just stand there like an idiot. The Spirit of Vengeance flashpoint annoyed me that way, 1) We had to take a back seat to this random grunt who just appeared while he does everything and makes all the decisions and 2) It decided to make our character a horrible pilot and our character and only our character is apparently famous for just crashing shuttles all over the place and being incompetent (I haven't tried it on a Smuggler yet, but despite the Smuggler being a famously great pilot, I doubt the scene and email will be any different). It feels like most of the more "recent" content has been like that to some degree, we're demoted back to chump errand boy who is bossed around by everyone, respected by few, never comes up with any ideas or solutions and has to be spoken to like a child, etc...while NPCs take the spotlight, come up with all the solutions, and are the competent ones.

This might be due to the fact that so many people were very tired of being the chosen one after KotX. BioWare just swung the bat too far in the other direction, it seems.

How high do you think the chances will be in 7.0 that the writers will have the PC get knocked out and wake up to Lana's face again? Or have her be the one to save the PC from some kind of danger on Elom? I got my bingo card ready lol

You know what also frustrated me about the SoV fp? How Heta Kol just shrugged off her fight with the Alliance Commander (You know? The person who killed the freaking Sith Emperor) like it was nothing and escaped so easily. Malgus was out of breath after his fight in Onslaught and had to drop a platform to escape, but she just flies away while our toon looks like an idiot just standing there. I know we can't kill her this earlier in the story, but couldn't the writers have had her gasping for air and having to throw big smoke bomb to make her getaway? Now that I think about it more, why were Ras and the Alliance Commander the only ones leading the assault to retake the ship? Shae is Mandalore! Why didn't she summon a war party to help with this operation? Why didn't we bring the Alliance military to assist as well? The writers can't really expect us to believe they were all busy with supply runs lol

As for coolness

My toons haven't felt cool in quite some time. These last couple expacs for our toons had us getting beat up, being stupid and just looking weak in general. I get that we can't be OP all the time, but I'd like to have awesome moments like Din Djarin taking down a Krayt dragon on The Mandolorian.

Edited by LazySithWarrior

This might be due to the fact that so many people were very tired of being the chosen one after KotX. BioWare just swung the bat too far in the other direction, it seems.

I get this, but you can't STOP making us powerful at this point in the story and have it make ANY sense lol. Once we've took out the Emperor you can't really go back to being a grunt and have it make any logical sense.