SoV and SotE loot drops below characters iRatting

denavin

For the last 2 days when doing Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave the loot drops for both flashpoints has been gear that is either Green or rated far below my characters current irating.

One characters irating is 293, on that character the loot was in the range of 286 (Blue Gear) to 290. After completing both Flashpoints I got one item that was a 4 point upgrade. NOTHING else was of use, ALL loot was below my irating.

The other characters irating is 290, on that character the loot was in the range of 272 (Green & Blue Gear) to 288. Again after completing both Flashpoint I got only one item that was a 2 point upgrade. NOTHING else was of use, ALL loot was below my irating.

Is this correct? I thought that loot drops were supposed by be at least the same or an upgrade to what your irating is, not far below. Sort of makes doing Flashpoints useless and a waste of time if your NOT going to get any gear upgrades from doing them.

OBTW I am only talking about ARMOR, MOD and ENHANCEMENTS not fixed stat gear which I consider useless since I only use modifiable armor shells. But even then, most of the fixed stats gear was also far below my irating.

So after doing the both flashpoints on 2 characters I was able to upgrade little to NOTHING. Out of all the loot drops for both flashpoints only 1 item per character was some what of an upgrade.

Edited by denavin

It's been the norm recently. For some weird reason I had much more luck with a Traitor Among the Chiss when I needed gear upgrades (thanks God for stealth).

But the 46 times I've done Sov or SotE it's been mostly 300 to 302 gear (I'm at 306).

Well I guess that BW and the devs are just going to ignore this...

I just did SoV and SotE again and this time I got NOTHING of use..... Not even one item above my irateing

This character has an irateing 293, you would expect to get at least 290 to 298 gear. But NOOO, instead I got 272 to 286 gear for my 293 character, how useful.

So what are supposed to do now to upgrade our gear? Or are we expected to Buy out gear but wait can't do that either since after doing both flashpoints I only got about 750 tech fragments total. Hmm lets see with that I can buy 2 mods and NO ARMOR PIECES or Amplifiers. Not much of an upgrade potential there.

Fix this already, as it is now, it is kind of USELESS to do Flashpoints if your only going to give Sewer Droppings for a reward. BW, quit screwing us over PLEASE!!!!

You're supposed to get better drops in veteran mode.

But I got my gear solo - for a bunch of characters - just a lot of flashpoints and spending the tech fragments on the Spoil of War vendor (you're pretty much sure to get enough fragments for one or two upgrades there from running one flashpoint).

Also - if you're planning to level up alts anyway, it's a great way to get upgrades too - just make sure to be 75 before starting KotFE, transfer your best gear over, and you'll get a loot box after every chapter with a good chance of upgrades. I was in full 306 by my third alt doing the story and about 20 solo flashpoints (but again, I have a stealth character)....

And with a rep toon, doing the heroic in MekSha is an easy 150 fragments a day (the imp one is much longer).

Edited by Pricia

You're supposed to get better drops in veteran mode.

But I got my gear solo - for a bunch of characters - just a lot of flashpoints and spending the tech fragments on the Spoil of War vendor (you're pretty much sure to get enough fragments for one or two upgrades there from running one flashpoint).

Also - if you're planning to level up alts anyway, it's a great way to get upgrades too - just make sure to be 75 before starting KotFE, transfer your best gear over, and you'll get a loot box after every chapter with a good chance of upgrades. I was in full 306 by my third alt doing the story and about 20 solo flashpoints (but again, I have a stealth character)....

And with a rep toon, doing the heroic in MekSha is an easy 150 fragments a day (the imp one is much longer).

Only problem with that is.... If I don't have the gear to do Veteran mode then how am I supposed to do Veteran mode? All of my characters are level 75 and at SoV with 8 already through SotE Solo Story Mode and not a one over 296 after completing it. Most still at what ever they were when I started on SoV.

It's like:

You Need the Rope to Climb the Mountain,

But the Rope is at the TOP of the Mountain.

I can't do the harder modes without the gear in the FIRST PLACE and the game is NOT Giving me the GEAR I NEED to do the Harder Modes. Hell it's not even giving me Tech Fragments in the Flashpoints so that I can BUY the gear.

And with a rep toon, doing the heroic in MekSha is an easy 150 fragments a day

@ 150 fragments a day it would take 20 days just to have 3,000 tech fragments to buy ONE piece of gear, not to mention the time needed to do MekSha (time that I don't have).... Plus I need to have the 1,000,000 credits as well and with the game costing me 5 credits for every 1 credit I make just to maintain my character I am rapidly going broke. I don't have the time to do 140 heroics, the 7,000,000 credits or the 21,000 tech fragments needed to outfit only ONE character with a BIS gear set so I can do the veteran modes. Because I sure the hell will not be able to do Veteran mode with 268 to 293 gear that I have now on 27 of my characters.

I can spend an hour or 2 once or twice a week to do the Story Mode Flashpoints, but those only give me CRAP. And my Butt is getting sore from all the reaming I am getting from BW for trying to outfit my characters.

I'm not asking for BIS gear or masive upgrades just usable upgrades to that I can advance my characters. Instead I'm stagnant with crap gear and crap rewards for my time doing these Flashpoints.

But thanks for the suggestion....

It’s pretty much always been that way, I mean since 6.0 of course. SOLO modes don’t drop gear as good as your current iRating. My characters are almost always in 306 before they hit Objective Meridian and that routinely drops 296 stuff in SOLO mode. The point is that you are supposed to deconstruct them, and use Nitoo/Takanna vendors on the fleet to spend your tech fragments to upgrade that one stubborn gear slot that is bringing your average item rating down. Those two vendors always give at or above your current iRating. You will get slightly better in Veteran and Master modes, often you will be able to do significant upgrades that way.

But, the advantage of the SOLO mode can be in getting certain achievements. For example, it’s a lot easier to complete the achievement to feed the beasts in Secrets of the Enclave by yourself when you don’t have to make 3 other people wait on you.