Regarding server queues

StephenReid

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings folks!

The previous version of this thread has exceeded our post threshold and we've recreated it for continued discussion!

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

"This thread was started ON A WEEKEND. Anyone that knows corporate structure KNOWS you're not going to see anything done on a weekend. They'll fix it when they can, but they're NOT going to break out and fix it over the weekend. No way, no how." - TomWhiting

Actually it was started Wednesday. It has been split twice now due to growing to large and once to turn it into a sticky.

Edit: We are on page 504 now.

Edited by Silverrey

I know that those queues are annoying and i'm pissed at that cause my internet provider isnt stable and i get dc from time to time, and when i log back in, i get a 500 people queue.... But the game is awesome and i'm sure BW will do something about that problem. Just wait, after all its only pre-release, we'll see how it goes until the end of the month.

This game have great potential and could be one of the best mmo ever if BW dosnt screw it up.

With that said, i'll go back to my 358 people queue lol

Didn't get to play yesterday because of the queue on Bloodworthy (EU), and right now I've been waiting 3 hours in the queue and still 647 people in front of me...

And I don't want to start over, because my character is already lvl 23.

Please free server transfers!

I am starting to believe that I should be doing like others who use some kind of macros to stay logged (noticed many running in circles recently?) I logged off at 2pm and immediately started queue again to be able to play a bit in the evening but still have 1100 ppl ahead of me at 7.40pm! I assume it is like 3-4 hours of waiting more darn.

"This thread was started ON A WEEKEND. Anyone that knows corporate structure KNOWS you're not going to see anything done on a weekend. They'll fix it when they can, but they're NOT going to break out and fix it over the weekend. No way, no how."

Actually it was started Wednesday. It has been split twice now do to growing to large and once to turn it into a sticky.

I'd also just like to point out that he is wrong about the team working over the weekend. They will, and are, working over the weekend and they will fix the issue (or at least have Hickman wonder around with a blindfold and a screwdrive for half an hour, until he finally graces us with his presence to tell us that the server queues are in place to remind us how utterly amazing kumquats are... and then he'll make a quip about how he's not Mark Jacobs, and then he'll have a nervous breakdown) over the weekend.

Legion of Lettow 3 hours queue, literally will do this tonight, and then I will just play at off peak times until launch as this is insane, lets hope servers are being ran under capacity to try them, or maybe they can move an extra shard and have two per server etc, as its needed.

To all the people who whine about queues but have bad internetconnections and disconnect:

Plz stop with the damn whining, if you stand in line at the store and you leave to get more groceries and it takes time for you to come back, the people behind you wont stand there and wait.. the show must go on and so must the Queue.. so QQ and get back in line..

Have a good queuetime.. ive been waiting since 14:30 and seriously.. i have gotten so many things done IRL while waiting, i visited my brother, i did the dishes, i cooked dinner for me and my GF, and right now im about nr 235 in Queue.. so now im going to sit in the couch with my GF and watch a movie untill i get in :)

Merry Christmas to all! :D

I managed to watch ..

Liverpool vs Aston Villa

Tottenham vs Sunderland

Man City vs Arsenal

I've had breakfast

I've had lunch

I'm about to have dinner.

I've cleaned my place up, i've stroked my cat.

I've also waited in a que all day. I have not been able to get in the game "in any way shape or form"

It better be instant access on the 20th! I know im not a paying customer ATM, this is just a freebie-sweetner ..

Still!

It's pretty damn annoying

Edited by Iselix