How to install lightsaber hilt?

Jagwar

I thought it was just a modification. So I added a MK-4 augmentation kit to my lightsaber, but it doesn't list the hilt as an available augment. So I thought maybe the MK-4 needed to be something else, but I can't find a way to remove the augmentation kit or replace it with another.

I thought it was just a modification. So I added a MK-4 augmentation kit to my lightsaber, but it doesn't list the hilt as an available augment. So I thought maybe the MK-4 needed to be something else, but I can't find a way to remove the augmentation kit or replace it with another.

A hilt is, indeed, a modification, but Augmentation slots are for Augmentations, not modifications. And no, you can't remove the slot you added (MK-4)(1). What you can do is replace it with a different Augmentation slot with a higher MK number, but that won't solve your problem.

Some weapons have modification slots, some do not, but the Augmentation slot is *in addition* to whatever modification slots the weapon has (or does not have). (Armour is pretty much the same in this respect.)

My best guess is that you have a lightsabre that is not moddable, so it doesn't have modification slots.

For a quick and relatively cheap way of acquiring a moddable lightsabre, see the <Adaptive Gear Vendor> in the Supplies section of the Fleet, where you'll be able to buy what you need, or use the one that you got at the end of your starter planet class story. If you want fancy-looking ones, you'll have to pay a bit more, or look at the Cartel Market or something. Beware, until you fit the moddable sabre with modifications, it will not improve in strength. You can replace the existing modifications, if there are any, with stronger ones.

(1) Augmentations *also* have MK numbers, and the MK number of the slot must be at least as big as the MK number of the Augmentation you want to put in it. This means that your MK-4 slot can hold Augmentations of MK-1, MK-2, MK-3 or MK-4 strength. These MK numbers currently go up to 11. (Er, no, it's not meant as a Spinal Tap joke, just that the current top MK number is 11. When 7.0 launches near the end of the year, the top tier will probably be MK-12.)

Anyway, an MK-4 Augmentation slot is a waste of time, credits, crafting materials and just about everything else.

Talking about PvE here. Want to highlight this to the OP.

Anyway, an MK-4 Augmentation slot is a waste of time, credits, crafting materials and just about everything else.

Given the cost of augmenting, it is best to wait till you get your set bonus gear and then augment them.Generally MK-10 kits and 228 augments are good enough for most content (all Solo PvE, SM and VM Flashpoints, SM Operations); MK-11 kits and 286 augments are useful for Dxun Operation (*).

There is an upcoming level cap raise to 80 in December with associated changes to gearing that will likely introduce higher augment levels (and kit levels, like Steve mentioned); so, getting Set Bonus gear or augmenting anything now might be premature.

(*) A full set of MK-11 kits, 286 augments, and fees for installing them can be over 100 million credits.

Edited by mike_carton