Remember to check individual components even if you aren't missing any!

DakhathKilrathi

I don't know if they tried to fix the missing components bug and failed or what, but even if you have all of your components, you might be missing upgrades on any component that has an upgrade tree (that is, any major component).

It looks like this when it happens, and yes, you have to check every time you log in. Still.

I'd say to go post in the bug thread, but it's not like two months of that has done us any good.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Good reminder.

For whatever reason, out of all my various ships, I find the only consistently deselected components to be on TT (tiers 4 & 5). Happens at least half the time I log in, regardless of server. Other components are off here and there, but I notice this one every day.

Tensor field, TT and slug rail are the three that I see most often impacted, but I don't have the Clarion/Imperium on my bar most of the time.

I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like once I get everything reselected, it stays that way. I think they fixed the bug--there is still just mess to clean up. But once cleaned, it stays clean.

I have to fix them every night still, we often swap factions while streaming and you can see me have to fix components live. I had to do it tonight again, my Pike's heavy lasers T4-T5 upgrades were deselected again.

T4/T5 on my Interdiction Drone get turned off on my Legion more than anything else it seems among all my ships, and sadly, there are usually 1 or 2 other things out of whack on some ship or other every time as well. Edited by Enurrsha

It's definitely still happening. I can't figure out a pattern to it, but it was amusing to me yesterday when I logged on and actually checked the ships that weren't on my bar, and every single one of them was missing primaries, secondaries, and systems. Well, with the exception of the Mangler, which I had just taken off my bar.

I wonder what will break after the patch tonight. :D

• 5 years later...

I seriously doubt that this will ever be fixed. I still remember the bug on Belsavis; you jump on your speeder and the countdown to a crash to desktop began. Only you didn't see that big bomb-clock, so it was a lot like playing the lottery. Seeing as there was a workaround (put the grass quality to zero), it never got fixed (to my knowledge. I believe that makes it now around ten years of a bug that makes you crash out of the game? :eek::mad:

There is a patch next tuesday. Anyone want to take bets on how many hotfixes they will need to fix whatever they break this time? :p:D