What is the plan for tacticals?

ralphieceaser

Have we been informed as to what is gonna be happening with tacticals yet?

Because honestly some of them have some really great,fun and impactful effects so I would hate for us to lose them, I hope the more popular ones stay and we get a few newer ones to have at max level next xpac.

Just keep them as an additional form of class customization.

Have we been informed as to what is gonna be happening with tacticals yet?

Because honestly some of them have some really great,fun and impactful effects so I would hate for us to lose them, I hope the more popular ones stay and we get a few newer ones to have at max level next xpac.

Just keep them as an additional form of class customization.

(timestamped, discussed between 40:00 - 42:30)

Some popular/rotational tacticals and set bonuses will be baked into the combat styles themselves.

Chris said that "maybe 10% of the combat tacticals" will be rolled into combat styles in this way.

The cosmetic tacticals probably won't change at all.

So, we're definitely keeping tacticals. Some are going to go away because of overlap with the new ability tree system, but we haven't seen any new ones yet on the PTS (we're expecting a gearing phase of the PTS to come about at some point).

Apart from that he said that they're not ready to show all the details yet (especially details about the "long view" multiple tiers of gearing that we're getting next year).