Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

MamaSok
03.02.2012 , 11:56 AM | #941
I would pay big to have a nexu cub pet! Maybe a security key vendor idea?

natashina
03.02.2012 , 11:57 AM | #942
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaSok View Post
I would pay big to have a nexu cub pet! Maybe a security key vendor idea?

Oh that would be awesome! It would be a great money sink. Maybe have pets influence certain companions for affection? I could just picture Vette going, "Aww, a kitty!" +40 affection.

Lurkz
03.02.2012 , 11:58 AM | #943
Quote: Originally Posted by Suaine View Post
Or a clan of teenage Trandoshans... what, you say that Qyzen wasn't a romance arc?
Well... that would put a dampener on people wanting to do any sort of romance arc. "Finish a romance arc! Find out your partner has teenagers from a previous relationship! Now you must decide whether to be the evil step-parent!"

Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
I would sell Kaliyo and Scorpio into slavery for a nexu cub non-combat pet. Or for five credits. Same difference, really. Make make it a whitefang cub for my Chiss Agent and Temple, since they're ice-worlders and keep the Phantom's air conditioning working overtime.
So much this!!! My smuggler would take great pleasure out of siccing a Nexu cub on Corso and then yelling at him if he yells at the cub.

WTB more companion pets that are real pets. That would be so awesome...

Suaine
03.02.2012 , 11:59 AM | #944
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

Oh that would be awesome! It would be a great money sink. Maybe have pets influence certain companions for affection? I could just picture Vette going, "Aww, a kitty!" +40 affection.
You could give Leliana a pet in DA:O and Anders a kitten in Awakening. The nug would stand around the campfire all adorable and the kitten you could play with. It was awesome, we should have something like that for companions, maybe as a step between "yay getting married" and "so how about those babies".

natashina
03.02.2012 , 12:02 PM | #945
Quote: Originally Posted by Suaine View Post
You could give Leliana a pet in DA:O and Anders a kitten in Awakening. The nug would stand around the campfire all adorable and the kitten you could play with. It was awesome, we should have something like that for companions, maybe as a step between "yay getting married" and "so how about those babies".

Ooh, talk about a great icebreaker for all GR relationships! It strikes me as the perfect way to introduce romance options to current 50s when they add new content(for both SGR and OGR).

Kioma
03.02.2012 , 12:03 PM | #946
Ooh, talk about a great icebreaker for all GR relationships! It strikes me as the perfect way to introduce romance options to current 50s when they add new content(for both SGR and OGR).
"Have this tauntaun calf. PS, I love you."

MamaSok
03.02.2012 , 12:04 PM | #947

I don't know about letting it effect affections gains/losses. I can see Khem Val now "Usless creature! Master you waste more time, and I grow restless" -40 affection

Wispr
03.02.2012 , 12:04 PM | #948

However, someone had mentioned that they wanted to not shut off or remove the flirts from the game, but rather an option to take away the [Flirt] next to the dialogue, allowing the playing to RP based solely on clues from quest text. Something that the players can shut off or leave on their own accord. This would go for both SGR and OGR flirts. The player would still get them, but could RP it blind if they so chose. Removing the [Flirt] text next to the dialogue for good would violate the whole "You won't be tricked into romances," bit. BTW, I think the idea that you should have the choice to take out all romantic arcs in the game isn't very well thought out and it's probably more of a pain to block all of it(from a programmer's standpoint, but that is a just a guess. YMMV.)
I like the idea in giving the player a choice to hide the actual {Flirt} word itself that pops up identifying the flirt dialogue on the convo wheel. I see where from an RPing standpoint that would be even more immersion for the player. Might be a good idea to post that in the "Suggestion" area if it haven't already been posted.

And I agree that simply removing the [Flirt] text next to the dialogue for good would violate the whole "You won't be tricked into romances," bit. Personally for me I love that they have our flirt options identified, after playing Mass Effect 2 and repeatedly accidentally giving Jacob the wrong idea, The PRIZE, I like know what I'm going to say...

Back on topic, someone mention they hope that when they add SGR content that it's added in a patch and not a extra download that you have to pay for and I agree. In essence the game was shipped short of a bit of it's planned content so we shouldn't have to pay for it.

Suaine
03.02.2012 , 12:04 PM | #949
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
Well... that would put a dampener on people wanting to do any sort of romance arc. "Finish a romance arc! Find out your partner has teenagers from a previous relationship! Now you must decide whether to be the evil step-parent!"
Pff, I am an awesome step clan leader for my newly acquired teenage Trandoshans.

Quote:
So much this!!! My smuggler would take great pleasure out of siccing a Nexu cub on Corso and then yelling at him if he yells at the cub.

WTB more companion pets that are real pets. That would be so awesome...
I kind of hope when they think about ship customization and companions that they'll do something with pets we can keep on the ship and have the companions interact with like they did in the DA series. I miss my Mabari XD

natashina
03.02.2012 , 12:04 PM | #950
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaSok View Post
I don't know about letting it effect affections gains/losses. I can see Khem Val now "Usless creature! Master you waste more time, and I grow restless" -40 affection
Maybe Khem would like a baby rancor or something. He really is a big softie when it comes down to it.