Darksaber to the Old Republic Timeline

YamiDragon

In the Clone Wars, Rebels, and now The Mandalorian TV shows, we got to know of the Darksaber created by Tarre Vizsla the first Mandalorian Jedi. I wonder if Tarre Vizsla is before or after SWTOR timeline? If Before could we have part of that story in SWTOR.

In the Clone Wars, Rebels, and now The Mandalorian TV shows, we got to know of the Darksaber created by Tarre Vizsla the first Mandalorian Jedi. I wonder if Tarre Vizsla is before or after SWTOR timeline? If Before could we have part of that story in SWTOR.

It's unclear in the lore I've been able to find on the Internet.

CAVEAT: dates in the "classic" format relative to the Battle of Yavin in ANH. ABY = After the Battle of Yavin, BBY = Before the Battle of Yavin.

SWTOR's class stories begin in 3642 BBY, and each pre-KotFE chapter is about a year, so by the time we reach the end of KotET, it's eleven or twelve years later, about 3630 BBY.

The documented lore about the Darksaber just says that it was made "before 1000 BBY", so it could have been made either before or after the time of SWTOR.

Before the Legends split, I liked to imagine that Tarre was before the SWTOR era. And that the SWTOR era was when the Darksaber was taken from the Jedi Temple. (My headcanon was that Shae took it during the Sacking of Coruscant.)

Now that this game's non-canon, I'm not sure what happened. (But I'm still sticking to this headcanon for the Legends continuity.)

Before the Legends split, I liked to imagine that Tarre was before the SWTOR era. And that the SWTOR era was when the Darksaber was taken from the Jedi Temple. (My headcanon was that Shae took it during the Sacking of Coruscant.)

Now that this game's non-canon, I'm not sure what happened. (But I'm still sticking to this headcanon for the Legends continuity.)

TCW is both Legends and Canon, so we can still use what information it gives as a source for this Legends game.

Which isn't much.

The definitive answer is that we don't know. That being said, I've always figured it was before the events of SWTOR on account of the unusual blade design. The lightsabers of SWTOR era are the same cylindrical style as the movies whereas the Darksaber has the kinda flat blade look to it. Of course, this could just be he wanted to be unique and did something different with his blade.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The Darksaber was made by Tarre Vizsla roughly 1000 years before the Battle of Yavin, at least according to the details in Star Wars: Rebels (which is Disney-made, so people will dispute it being canon). Lining it up with EU content, this would put the Dark-Saber being made at roughly around the time of Darth Bane or at most a century before or after his time. Thus it would not make sense for the Dark-Saber to appear in SWTOR by any standard unless BioWare decides to have the story go time-jumping Marvel-style and visiting wholly different eras of Star Wars history, which I would not advise. Edited by EAFSAMWISE