Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Serbs
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2861
Quote: Originally Posted by suttron View Post
Really guys 254 pages calm down.
Man that's so behind the times. Use the force, have a foretelling, and predict page 269 to land on it!

blackdakhma
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2862
Quote: Originally Posted by ocinito View Post
my email said early access 12-13-11, i didnt say anything about waves, i took the day off, for nothing, frickin Bioware, u suck,
"Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code."
"What she really needs is a haircut that'll mutilate her face with a bullet."
-A truly interesting character

LordGdawg
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2863
Wow. I go to last page (249) read to the bottom and the new last page is 259 lol. Forums getting stress tested as well?
I'll be waiting till wed to get in as I redeemed my code in sept. Its going to be a loooong day
House: "Fear me! I have killed hundreds of time lords."
The Doctor: : "Fear me. I've killed them all."

ScramblesTD
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2864
Guys Belgium asploded

Durakken
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2865
Actually the way they are doing the staggering is dumb and doesn't do what they want (the staggering in general is dumb, but this doesn't accomplish their goal)

There goal is to stagger so there are less server issues and less congestion in the lowbie zones, but the reality is that because they only are staggering 5ish hours between several waves they aren't doing that and thus not accomplishing their goal. All they are doing is frustrating the people that are in and not in... if they just let everyone in people would stagger their own times based on how they can get in and such.

sommeee
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2866
IN EU 07.25.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

NOT IN YET!!!

Guaza
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2867
Login service currently unavailable.

Either something went wrong. Or they are done for the day.

Specterk
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2868
Hrmm... well, so far, my sister and two buddies are currently in-game now; she activated her preorder on 8/25, and both friends in late September.

I activated my preorder long before them, and have yet to receive my early access code

Thankfully, I got to play a few weeks of beta using... alternative... means, but if I were one of the many people waiting to experience the game for the first time via early access--and who're counting on their individual early access date actually being based on when they used their preorder code--I'd be pretty pissed (if not surprised) right about now - since that's clearly not how the prioritization is happening. It's not just this wave, either, but I'm sure most of us know that by now.

If you want to help prevent this "unfortunate oversight" (usage of that term based on my predicting the future, of course) from happening again, I recommend anybody with preorder code activation dates prior to September (or later, if you're sure that somebody with a later activation date is in-game now) get on your phones and kindly ask the CS department why folks with much later dates than you are nevertheless being given your early access slot. No - you're not going to actually get the early access that you should, so don't think that; you'll simply be punctuating their mistake here - taking the red highlighter to their uncrossed "t," so to speak. Because, unless I've missed a dev post in the minute or two it took to write this, Bioware must just obviously... not realize it yet! Yeah, that's definitely what's going on.

"Solely" : Bioware as "Soon" : Blizzard? Jeez, I hope not.

Seriously, though, this fiasco IS quite disappointing
However... seeing as how it is the legend responsible for Baldur's Gate, Bioware gets a free pass in my book, at least -- though just this once.

Ravanofdarkness
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2869
This wouldn't of been so terrible if they where sending out more Waves then just 4 for today, but some of you Guys are right. We aren't sure how many People do get invited per Wave but i can understand how alot of People are feeling about this. In some cases like myself when you Pre-Order the Game for starters it's 10€ (13$) and that's just for Pre-Ordering the Game to get the early Access and a Pre-Order Item and a Copy Reserved but when the Game comes offically out you still have to pay the same Price as anyone else that didn't Pre-Order. So i personally do feel abit robbed for my Money especially since the Pre-Order Box did not say "May play up to 5 Day's early" It says "Pre-Order now to gain Early Game Access and an exclusive Ingame Item look for your Weapon". So that's misleading Information but i can understand why BioWare/EA is taking their time sending out these invites so they can make sure that everything runs fine without every Area being totally overflooded.
I Am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Sarkino
12.13.2011 , 10:53 AM | #2870
Not impressed at all hearing 7-23 is geting so wheres my invite did not give you money early on to watch this go this way not a good start to a MMO that has so much potential