15 minutes lockout. Please no more.

_Miriya_

Can we already please.... remove this 15 lockout penalty when we have disconnects?

I can't control my internet service, sadly, and I have like 2 sudden disconnects per day lately. Is really annoying when you are playing with friends specially, but even alone.

Can we remove them at least for regs?

The population is healthy enough in regs to get a refill asap. And if we dont have a refill is not the end of the world.

I can understand it for ranked, wich i believe was the logic behind this implementation (if it had any at all).

The penalty should not be removed.

There are - sadly - many groups and guilds that spam the queue with their players and those, that are on the wrong side or are supposed to be there quit the game to give their mates an unfair advantage.

Maybe you haven't seen that on your server but on mine it is quite common and really annoying.

So the penalty is a good thing. It should be higher even.

The penalty should not be removed.

There are - sadly - many groups and guilds that spam the queue with their players and those, that are on the wrong side or are supposed to be there quit the game to give their mates an unfair advantage.

Maybe you haven't seen that on your server but on mine it is quite common and really annoying.

So the penalty is a good thing. It should be higher even.

He’s not saying remove the lockout entirely. He’s saying that BW needs to figure out a way to differentiate between physically leaving the warzone and getting disconnected due to a faulty connection. Though, to be frank, it wouldn’t matter if they did because players would just turn off their wi-fi or unplug their cables to fake a disconnect.

To be even more frank, I’M of the opinion that the lockout needs to go. The purpose of it was to stop people from quitting warzones. It doesn’t do that effectively. Even worse, it forces people to stay in losing games. When that happens, you get way more players going AFK in a corner or on a node somewhere. I’d rather have someone leave and get a backfill than be stuck with AFK dead weight.

I’m sorry that you’ve seen guilds of people who leave warzones to give their friends an advantage. But I’ve seen people stay in warzones and actively sabotage their team to do the same thing. Trolls will be trolls regardless of the lockout, so why punish people like OP for accidental disconnects?

Of course, matchmaker issues, class imbalances, desync, and general toxicity all contribute to the problem. But there are enough posts about that in this forum to create an entire dissertation.

Please do not remove the lockout timer.

Funny story.. when they introduced the lockout timer, someone made a post about how unfair it was that they could not leave a 4v4 where they backfilled into a match where their team didn't have a healer. They went on to blast the MM system for not giving them a healer... It's as if they didn't realize that the absence of the lockout timer was almost certainly the reason their teams' healer left and they backfilled in lol. It's like... how can any MM system work if the game allows people to leave whenever they want?

People blast the MM system, but I don't get why. It's decent enough for the population it has to work with. I mean, they're matchmaking goods, bads, dpsers, objective players, winners and losers, at low pop and *high* pop times... it's not an easy environment to MM in- and the lockout timer gives some level of surety to any system they do utilize.

So yea, please don't remove the lockout timer.