Lore Question: Emperor's Hand (Dye Modules) - Crimson Red (ofc) | Light & Dark Grey?

Kass

What is the "Lore" behind the two dye modules? (if there is any)

Every SW fan knows the Crimson Red color... but there is also a Light Grey/Dark Grey dye module on the Cartel Market called "The Emperor's Hand Light Grey and Dark Grey Dye Module"

Now knowing everything that is added to SWTOR goes through a vetting process, and many designs have to be approved by Lucas Film (Disney), it makes me think that the naming convention for this color is not random from some intern working at EA Bioware Ausin.

So if there's a lore related to this additional Emperor's Hand color set, I'd love to know what it is. :csw_guard:

There are two different "Emperor's Hand" organisations in SWTOR (spoilers...)

One appears extensively in Chapter 3 of the Sith Warrior story, guiding and commanding the Warrior.

The other appears in the post-Onslaught Impside story, set up by whoever's in charge. It has different imperatives, and uses, I guess, different colours.

I doubt that the lore is any more complicated than that, but it's a good question.

There are two different "Emperor's Hand" organisations in SWTOR (spoilers...)

One appears extensively in Chapter 3 of the Sith Warrior story, guiding and commanding the Warrior.

The other appears in the post-Onslaught Impside story, set up by whoever's in charge. It has different imperatives, and uses, I guess, different colours.

I doubt that the lore is any more complicated than that, but it's a good question.

Cool.

It's unfathomable that the Crimson Red not be recycled into the Hand of the Empire from the "Emperor's Hand", but because both have the same naming as "Emperor's Hand", I wonder if the Grey is for 'field operations' or not?

And I wonder if we'll see a name update, or a new die and possible armor set with "The Hand" emblem (would be great armor set for companions imo)... heck we still need "The Hand" banner decorations and Odessen banner updates (depending on story choice)

Ugh. Yes, you're right. Hand of the Empire. Sigh.

Probably nobody here in Playerland has a usable answer, sadly. It might be worth (if you have Twitter) pinging Charles Boyd on Twitter to ask him directly. (He's the head story guy.)

Maybe JackieKo can help forward on this question? (for us non-Tweeters) :d_angelic:

Edited by Kass

Possibly, or just send CharlesBoyd a forum message directly. (And I'm a non-Tweeter myself, but people have had success getting responses from him via Twitter.)

Devs need to read the forums like they used to ... "A long time ago..." (at least the Suggestion Box)

And these forums need a ping ability that they've never had so we can get 24 hour bans for excessively pinging BW Profiles in our threads Muwahahaha :d_evil:

Edited by Kass