Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s the easiest of these 3 to solo veteran.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What’s the easiest of these 3 to solo veteran.

Sarova
06.16.2021 , 10:18 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I'd like to know this as well. They're all fairly quick with a group. Why does the OP want to solo them and avoid GF?
I try to avoid everything except Hammer Station via GF because the groups are usually random people who do nothing but FPs so know every short cut, jump etc and expect you to instantly know them too. As a solo player I'm used to killing everything unless I'm on a stealther.
If I had any skill, I'd attempt the vet FPs solo but I've never been able to do any solo, not even HS. If anyone wants to post a vid of them doing Vet:
Cademimu, Directive 7 or Kuat Drive Yards solo, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's yet another weekly PO that I'll be getting no points for.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

JediQuaker
06.16.2021 , 10:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I try to avoid everything except Hammer Station via GF because the groups are usually random people who do nothing but FPs so know every short cut, jump etc and expect you to instantly know them too.
But, if you're only doing the FP for GS, like the OP, wouldn't you want to do the shortcuts and skips? 😇
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

TrixxieTriss
06.16.2021 , 02:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ElZaguero View Post
"Wife" is a nice accessory for playing games, yes, but there are drawbacks.

When you get Wife Aggro, ain't no tank in the world can pull it off you, and they are immune to both calms & interrupts.
Sadly, I’m the wife with the agro more often than not. And you’re right, I’m both immune to calming effects & interrupts

My wife’s escape ability is to stealth out from the gaming room to reach minimum safe distance before I achieve critical mass
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

Sarova
06.18.2021 , 05:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
But, if you're only doing the FP for GS, like the OP, wouldn't you want to do the shortcuts and skips? 😇
I would if I knew them and/or could make the damn jumps! However someone (you know who you are ) PMd me the most awesome of how-to-solo-vet-Cademimu videos with all the skips clearly shown and I can't wait to try it myself, even if I fail miserably. After the random GF hell groups I ended up suffering through just so I didn't miss out on the weekly PO points, I really hope I succeed with my solo attempt.
My Rishi

eabevella
06.19.2021 , 05:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I try to avoid everything except Hammer Station via GF because the groups are usually random people who do nothing but FPs so know every short cut, jump etc and expect you to instantly know them too. As a solo player I'm used to killing everything unless I'm on a stealther.
If I had any skill, I'd attempt the vet FPs solo but I've never been able to do any solo, not even HS. If anyone wants to post a vid of them doing Vet:
Cademimu, Directive 7 or Kuat Drive Yards solo, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's yet another weekly PO that I'll be getting no points for.
Just say "I'm new, pls take it slow" at the very start of the fp.
I did it when I knew nothing about FP and most people were good and made sure I followed the shortcut, boss fight etc.

DarkTergon
06.19.2021 , 06:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
I did it when I knew nothing about FP and most people were good and made sure I followed the shortcut, boss fight etc.
Most people are good, or were good, seems lately people in gf have gotten a bit more toxic, it's one of the reasons I stopped doing random gf's. It's the only thing I reroll on GS, everything else I try to do, don't always get a chance, but i try

Not saying everyone in GF queue is bad, but I just got one too many toxic runs and gave up.

A piece of advice for new players. If you want to do FP's through the GF, join one of the bigger guilds, it may seem daunting, but on SF, they are usually quite great.

Sanctuary are extremely active, and for the most part are great people ,'Cat' is great with new people, and tries to get FP runs in to get to know the newer players. My only gripe is that you have to get 100k (CQ) to stay in the guild, which is fine for most, but i could always guarantee to be able to do it, especially since they F***ed crafting.
Courageous, is another, and always recruiting. Revan's rapture are also good, but not sure how active they are, my time zone is different, so I seem to miss most people. There are more, just can't think of them at the moment

*Hope it's ok to name the guilds, as it's in a positive light, not naming & shaming

Sarova
06.19.2021 , 10:16 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
I don't even have that excuse as I've played since beta (one of the few times I'm glad I missed out on the "Founder title"). I usually use "I apologise in advance for any **** ups" or "Remind me as I've not done this sine the DvL event" or "I've no clue pls help!! The trouble starts when the other group members don't have chat open and/or don't speak the same language. It's far less hassle if I can solo things I find.
My Rishi