Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

eabevella
07.25.2020 , 10:29 AM | #9931
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
Common among really bad players maybe.

It is a foolish strategy since the turrets DO NOT deaggro, meaning players have to die before they can leave the fp.

It takes no time at all to kill the turrets, especially in vet fp, as long as even one of the level 75's is a half-decent dps.
I HATE skipping turrets because of this exact reason.
Anyone who skips them without telling the group in advance is not only a coward but a traitor.

Got HS today where I was the only lv75, I stood in position waiting for the others to heal up/get ready, but the lv5x ran without a word. Some poor lv3x got aggro and died at the end of the bridge. The other two were <50% HP, none of us has battle rev, so he had to stay dead through out the rest of the FP. The boss fight took longer because our dps were low even without one man down (my new toon was on a new server with only 276 gear and no appropriate tactic).

"Your weakness is in your blood!" Yeah, those silent turrets runner are weaklings!

DarthAlastor
07.25.2020 , 11:37 AM | #9932
Every group i've been in kills the turrets so when the last boss drops we could just run out at the end
Satele Shan
Imp - Brotherhood of Darkness
Pub - Wild Angels

BobaBootyHunter
07.25.2020 , 03:25 PM | #9933
In a Red Reaper: Everything was going great. No wipes; pretty solid group. We get over the bridge towards last boss and are killing the trash before running down to boss. Tank goes flying off the bridge (knocked back by one of the trash mobs), proceeds to rage then quit group. 3 of us are at the boss very confused and a bit amused, pulled out a companion and finished up the FP.

JYthelifesaver
07.26.2020 , 12:50 AM | #9934
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
Veteran Hammer. A 18 lvl merc didnt heal between fights, pulled something he shouldn't have and brought it to the rest of the group ,wiping us. Never said anything, and when I asked him if he knows about healing out of combat, didnt respond. Since his name was Juan I have a strong suspecion he didn't speak English.
I've encountered several unresponsive players in hammer. It almost always feels like a bot. Then again, people have given others advice to minimize chat so that they don't have to deal with toxic behavior so your friend Juan may have just had his chat closed. Seriously, just assuming he doesn't speak English because his name is Juan is not a good look.

JediQuaker
07.26.2020 , 08:48 AM | #9935
An interesting story, but not toxic:

I (dps) got into a Hammer Station group with 2 tanks and another DPS**. Things started off badly because of the "1 doesn't pull, another pulls to 1st corner and third pulls to second corner" cluster-up. The other DPS immediately dropped.
So I pulled out Nico Ocar as a healer (50 influence). I was the group leader and at some point someone suggested we re-queue, but I figured a healer comp was better that some other random DPS.
Things went along just fine. The Tanks seemed to do just fine and do some actual damage, so things didn't take longer than usual.
I was surprised that Nico was able to heal through the Tunneler's laser, seemingly without the help of koltos.
Later I switched to Bowdaar as a melee healer so he'd be closer to the tanks, and we finished the FP with no major problems. (One tank died when he got caught in the boss's Sweeping Gunfire and Bowdaar was .. asleep? Out of energy?)

** Not entirely sure but I think one tank was 20 something and one was 35. Not even that sure what level the other dps was - he left too soon.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Fylimar
07.26.2020 , 11:05 AM | #9936
I had a HS today, where my level 74 shadow dd was the highest level character, so it fell to me to 'tank'. The others were always waiting on me to start the fight - which was ok for me. But what wasn't ok was, that we had a scoundrel healer (level 50+, so they had some pretty decent heals already), who did a really poor job in healing or cleansing. So there were some wipes. We made it to the last boss and he did die in teh first try.

A very nice flashpoint today was Battle of Rishi with my Marauder. I haven't done that flashpoint in a while and said as much (in case, I would forget a boss mechanic) and some player explained all the bosses. We had some nice chitchat between the fights and everything was nice and fluffy.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3

JYthelifesaver
07.26.2020 , 12:56 PM | #9937
Quote: Originally Posted by Fylimar View Post
But what wasn't ok was, that we had a scoundrel healer (level 50+, so they had some pretty decent heals already), who did a really poor job in healing or cleansing. So there were some wipes. We made it to the last boss and he did die in teh first try.

Sounds like he was new or new-ish. Maybe not to the game but definitely to the class or role of healing. I had played heals for a while myself but mostly solo so someone had to point out to me in hammer master mode that I needed to cleanse. He was super cool about it and we got it in the second time no problems.

This guy seems like he could use a pointer, I wouldn't fault him for it.

eabevella
07.26.2020 , 02:01 PM | #9938
Hammer Station wonder trip, at least for a short while:
Lv15 merc, lv25 sniper, lv75 mara, and my lv75 sorc.

Me and mara loaded in first, so we stood by at the left side near the two silver at the door, waiting for the other two.
Lv25 loaded in, looked a bit confused, but went to us.
Lv15 loaded in, went to the right side ALONE, pulled trash (and the one gold patrolling the starting room).
Me and mara were like "***". We ran to the right side, it took some time so lv15 died.

Me (mentally): Great. A clueless idiot. This is going to be *fun*

Mara pulled the first group, ran back to the los spot while I said "los" and "back here".
No one but me los. I think the two low levels died because me and mara "***" for 3 second before running out of our little corner to kill the group.

Mara was hesitated to pull. I feel him. The second pull will lead to his certain death, if not a group wipe.
Me: We have to los. Stand here and wait *jump up and down a few times* while I pulled the next group here.

No one but the mara listen. They just stood in the corridor like lost children.

Me: We have to los to kill the next group. Come here please *jumping like mad* and wait.
Mara agreed in the chat.

Finally, the lv25 got the hint and listened.
However, Lv15 run out of the corner and stood there like he's protesting our cowardly.

Me: If you think we (your weak ***) can pull the second group off without los. DON"T.
Mara approved in the chat.

Lv15 pulled. He stayed there like he's invincible. Died less than 10 secs.
Me and Mara (both mentally): ***!
We almost did it but it's not enough. We wiped.

Me (properly pissed): I don't have time for Wipe Station!
I vote kicked lv15. He quit before the vote result's out. GOOD.
Me: Mara, do you have lv50 comp? Mine is lv30.
Mara: Yes.
Me: Good, we'll use yours, set it to heal and we'll be all good.

Mara summoned Shae Vizla.
Me (don't want to scare the lv25): Sniper, it's usually not that bad, don't worry.

Indeed we had no problem after that. Everything went smoothly. Lv25 was not causing any trouble and following pretty well (even listened when I said no aoe after I cc one of the two turrets). So glad I kicked the lv15.

JYthelifesaver
07.26.2020 , 02:28 PM | #9939
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
Hammer Station wonder trip, at least for a short while:
Lv15 merc, lv25 sniper, lv75 mara, and my lv75 sorc.

Me and mara loaded in first, so we stood by at the left side near the two silver at the door, waiting for the other two.
Lv25 loaded in, looked a bit confused, but went to us.
Lv15 loaded in, went to the right side ALONE, pulled trash (and the one gold patrolling the starting room).
Me and mara were like "***". We ran to the right side, it took some time so lv15 died.

Me (mentally): Great. A clueless idiot. This is going to be *fun*

Mara pulled the first group, ran back to the los spot while I said "los" and "back here".
No one but me los. I think the two low levels died because me and mara "***" for 3 second before running out of our little corner to kill the group.

Mara was hesitated to pull. I feel him. The second pull will lead to his certain death, if not a group wipe.
Me: We have to los. Stand here and wait *jump up and down a few times* while I pulled the next group here.

No one but the mara listen. They just stood in the corridor like lost children.

Me: We have to los to kill the next group. Come here please *jumping like mad* and wait.
Mara agreed in the chat.

Finally, the lv25 got the hint and listened.
However, Lv15 run out of the corner and stood there like he's protesting our cowardly.

Me: If you think we (your weak ***) can pull the second group off without los. DON"T.
Mara approved in the chat.

Lv15 pulled. He stayed there like he's invincible. Died less than 10 secs.
Me and Mara (both mentally): ***!
We almost did it but it's not enough. We wiped.

Me (properly pissed): I don't have time for Wipe Station!
I vote kicked lv15. He quit before the vote result's out. GOOD.
Me: Mara, do you have lv50 comp? Mine is lv30.
Mara: Yes.
Me: Good, we'll use yours, set it to heal and we'll be all good.

Mara summoned Shae Vizla.
Me (don't want to scare the lv25): Sniper, it's usually not that bad, don't worry.

Indeed we had no problem after that. Everything went smoothly. Lv25 was not causing any trouble and following pretty well (even listened when I said no aoe after I cc one of the two turrets). So glad I kicked the lv15.
It's frustrating when people don't follow simple instructions but sometimes you have to restructure how you say things to people in order to get through.

Like I remember back when Ossus WB's were the farm and people would yell in caps, "STACK!"

Simple instructions but clearly people don't understand what it means without prior experience or context (e.g casual players) so I would always take the extra 30 secs or 2 minutes to explain in plain, understandable English, "we need to group together in one spot to bring all the adds together for an aoe meltdown and for aoe heals--even ranged people need to cluster in with the main group."

It was extra effort to write all that but it helped. Other people in the group yelling stack 30 times weren't getting through so I realized I had to do it like that if I wanted to make people understand.

But to bring it back on topic, LoS is a term that most casuals probly won't understand so you have to do exactly what you did in that run. Unfortunately, that level 15 was still pretty clueless but he's still learning so we can't be too mad.

eabevella
07.26.2020 , 07:59 PM | #9940
Quote: Originally Posted by JYthelifesaver View Post
It's frustrating when people don't follow simple instructions but sometimes you have to restructure how you say things to people in order to get through.

Like I remember back when Ossus WB's were the farm and people would yell in caps, "STACK!"

Simple instructions but clearly people don't understand what it means without prior experience or context (e.g casual players) so I would always take the extra 30 secs or 2 minutes to explain in plain, understandable English, "we need to group together in one spot to bring all the adds together for an aoe meltdown and for aoe heals--even ranged people need to cluster in with the main group."

It was extra effort to write all that but it helped. Other people in the group yelling stack 30 times weren't getting through so I realized I had to do it like that if I wanted to make people understand.

But to bring it back on topic, LoS is a term that most casuals probly won't understand so you have to do exactly what you did in that run. Unfortunately, that level 15 was still pretty clueless but he's still learning so we can't be too mad.
I have never played any MMO before this game. When I first played group FP, I also got HS. I said it's my first time. They told me to los. I didn't know what los is, but they were already moving. I saw everyone standing in the corner, so I waited in the corner too. I got what los is even without knowing it means "line of sight" after the initial two pulls.

I don't know what part of "two lv75 standing in the corner, jumping up and down, asking everyone to come here and wait" is too difficult to comprehend. Even elementary students whose first language isn't English can read that much.

That lv15 was not learning. He ran on his own and died the first thing he loaded in. He deliberately ran out and pulled group when both lv75 were desperately telling everyone to "stand here or we die". I have no time for people like that.

You know what learning is? I once took three lv10-30s through KDY. All are very new to the game. They can barely use their rotation. We got the droid boss. It took us 4 times. First time was basically them seeing what a boss fight really was, everyone was killed pretty fast despite visibly trying to do it right. Second time was them getting better at avoiding blue circles and red death ray zone while dealing damage. Third time was for the one or two with slower learning curve. We did it on the fourth try when everyone was doing their part with little slips. They thanked me for my patience and I was actually happy because I'd like to think that they'll have little trouble facing other bosses in the future.