Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

MagicTerror
07.14.2020 , 10:59 AM | #9921
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
\No matter how polite and nonconfrontational your advice is, a large portion of players with bad positioning just will not improve. Perhaps they lack situational awareness, or they get too overwhelmed by their rotation to think about moving when they need to, or maybe they simply don't really care. This is why Jos/Valk and Project Sav-Rak are such pug killers: they are fights that require specific movements at specific times.
There's a large proportion of players in this game who seem to just get tunnel visioned into their rotation and holding the boss, killing the boss, or clickamajiging the group health bars. I blame some of that on the explosion of different abilities you should be including in your rotation every expansion and the resulting quickbar bloat, the rest I blame on the fact that most fights in this category of difficulty or lower do not place much emphasis on moving out of a dangerous spot; normally when they do, it feels more like a "recommendation" that you move because the penalty if you don't is so insignificant, but then you get gems like blood hunt and LI where it goes "stand at this EXACT little x or you will die" and people rarely do them so then so few players learn to appreciate staying out of stupid or other mechanics.

Euphrosyne
07.19.2020 , 10:15 AM | #9922
So, this particular creature has been growing in population steadily over the lifetime of the game, but there's been a recent explosion since 6.0.

I speak, of course, of the player who knows all of the skips in flashpoints without knowing any of the boss fight mechanics.

I'm used to getting blank looks when I put "anybody new to this fp?" in /group at the beginning of an mm fp, but for a while, if a player knew the skips, that was often a reasonable proxy for knowing the mechanics of the fights. This is definitely not the case right now.

I just ran part of an MM LI run in which the tank and dps all seemed to navigate the long trail full of skips before the first miniboss reasonably well (the tank died a few times and pulled one group erroneously, which was a warning light but not a serious one). But the tank and both dps totally ignored the very easy to kill and trivial adds on that first miniboss fight and stood in yellow circles repeatedly. I healed through that, but it sucked. The add pulls before the first boss sucked for similar reasons - lots of unnecessary damage and inefficiencies - but didn't match the actual boss pull for sheer bloody ridiculousness.

The most efficient way to handle the boss is to keep it in mid and run all of the circles out. Since our dps were both Sentinels with Blade Blitz, I figured that that would still be okay, and asked/suggested as much. ("We going to keep the boss in mid?") But while the dps started out being fairly conscientious about void placement, the tank just kinda...stood in them anyway. And ate three-stack Incinerates to the face every single time.

So, yeah, it was definitely a wipe. We got fairly close, and the dps did a decent job for losing a huge chunk of their uptime to the tank being a derp (although part of that was because at least one of them was tunneling pretty hard), but there was just way too much damage going out.

I recommended that the group "take the fight seriously" on the next pull, and started to go over the mechanics again. I, to put it mildly, don't mind explaining fights. But before I was even in the room for the fight, the tank pulled the boss again. So I noped out. Normally, I would've given it more pulls - it's been quite a while since the last time I quit a group in progress - but I didn't have the patience to handle that tank anymore, and definitely not for the rest of that particular FP.

In sharp contrast to this, the previous MM FP run I did was on a group whose tank insta-left on MM Nathema, but dps and heals cleared past the second boss by themselves, and then finished the rest of the fp with an inexperienced but enthusiastic tank with no wipes. That's the FP community that I like to see - well, not the absentee tank, but everything else.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

elimatorxv
07.19.2020 , 01:10 PM | #9923
vet hammer station lvl 29 sniper that i am
we process well till the turrets you know those 2 that should be killed but for whatever reason everyone ignores it and runs past it to save ''time'' cause its faster appearantly bollocks in my eyes but whatever
so we run through i die on the brigde due to high damage output from those turrets and wait till the rest kill themselves so that i can rez, only the lvl 68 powertech killed himself and the 2 two didnt, they decided to much hassle and proceded to the final boss kill it then kill themselves then leave, the powertech did say how lame it was from them for what they did and he/she was nice enough to not only walk all the way to the final boss but also tanked those turrets for me so that i still could get the loot.

to make things short 2 ******es and 1 good player for HS veteran mode.....
http://www.swtor.com/r/5SJ2Hw my referal link you can click it if you want for some goodies and 7 days subscription but only if willing

JYthelifesaver
07.22.2020 , 11:09 PM | #9924
Quote: Originally Posted by elimatorxv View Post
vet hammer station lvl 29 sniper that i am
we process well till the turrets you know those 2 that should be killed but for whatever reason everyone ignores it and runs past it to save ''time'' cause its faster appearantly bollocks in my eyes but whatever
so we run through i die on the brigde due to high damage output from those turrets and wait till the rest kill themselves so that i can rez, only the lvl 68 powertech killed himself and the 2 two didnt, they decided to much hassle and proceded to the final boss kill it then kill themselves then leave, the powertech did say how lame it was from them for what they did and he/she was nice enough to not only walk all the way to the final boss but also tanked those turrets for me so that i still could get the loot.

to make things short 2 ******es and 1 good player for HS veteran mode.....
If they suggested skipping the turrets before going through with it then I wouldn't be mad at them. If it is suggested that the group skips then you should let other group members take threat before you start running, and if they do have threat just run and don't attack or do anything to get the turrets attention.

However, if they ran without warning your complaint would be 100% justified. But as a rule of thumb, when I'm que'ing as a low level I'm always playing cautiously. I never initiate combat on the next group of mobs or be the first to run past turrets. When que'ing as a low level I understand that I'm there to be carried for the most part so I let higher levels do that.

There is one instance where we had a spazzy player in our group that always started combat before the group caught up to them. They finally died when they ran past the turrets and couldn't kill the big droid on the other side, and they left our pt behind who also died by the turrets. It was just me and a level 15 healer then, who I carried to the boss. Didn't go back for either of those guys because the spazzy antics I get tired of myself. Smoothness almost always >>>>> speed.

elimatorxv
07.23.2020 , 04:31 PM | #9925
Quote: Originally Posted by JYthelifesaver View Post
snip.
thats what im always doing, letting the higher lvls go in combat first then i follow up, but with those turrets when the first people are acrossthe bridge the turrets target someone else and no-one said anything about skipping it, they just ran past it without a warning or a heads up but thats been a few days now and i have been lvling my assasin with the unstable peacemaker dualsaber and tulak hord armor set so i have been feeling awesome
http://www.swtor.com/r/5SJ2Hw my referal link you can click it if you want for some goodies and 7 days subscription but only if willing

Gelious
07.24.2020 , 12:40 PM | #9926
Quote: Originally Posted by elimatorxv View Post
thats what im always doing, letting the higher lvls go in combat first then i follow up, but with those turrets when the first people are acrossthe bridge the turrets target someone else and no-one said anything about skipping it, they just ran past it without a warning or a heads up but thats been a few days now and i have been lvling my assasin with the unstable peacemaker dualsaber and tulak hord armor set so i have been feeling awesome
Skipping the turrets is a common strategy among 75 level players, a.k.a people who came there for boss drops, not exp. If you have more then one 75 level in your group its highly possible they would do that (and wont tell you beforehand since they dont care about you)
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

LD_Little_Dragon
07.24.2020 , 03:59 PM | #9927
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
Skipping the turrets is a common strategy among 75 level players, a.k.a people who came there for boss drops, not exp. If you have more then one 75 level in your group its highly possible they would do that (and wont tell you beforehand since they dont care about you)
Common among really bad players maybe.

It is a foolish strategy since the turrets DO NOT deaggro, meaning players have to die before they can leave the fp.

It takes no time at all to kill the turrets, especially in vet fp, as long as even one of the level 75's is a half-decent dps.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy life.

DeannaVoyager
07.25.2020 , 02:54 AM | #9928
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post

It is a foolish strategy since the turrets DO NOT deaggro, meaning players have to die before they can leave the fp.

It takes no time at all to kill the turrets, especially in vet fp, as long as even one of the level 75's is a half-decent dps.
Yeah, I agree. We used to kill turrets every time before HS farming became an issue. Skipping turrets became a "thing" people do with 6.0, because most of the HS farmers are really bad, and think they save time lol. While the turrets "can" be skipped with full 75 group, it's a bit too risky in vet mode, if there's no self healing classes in the group. Someone will die and they have to run all the way back. Would be faster to just kill them and let everyone heal up before the last trash and last boss. But yeah, bad players want to make it more difficult and waste time on dying and respawning instead... Then they can start the name calling and so on, and maybe kick the person who died just because they can.

Fylimar
07.25.2020 , 04:56 AM | #9929
I had a HS yesterday with my level 75 Lethality IA. Two of my teammates managed to die on every mob group, becauee they always did go into the fight nearly dead. I pointed that out, but nothing changed. A merc and me were carrying most of the fp, because the other two (a marauder and a sin) were dead most of the time. I never had so much trouble in HS, one of the easiest fps around (which is probably, why that cursed thing is popping up so often). Why people can't simply heal up between fights is beyond me. I mean, I if I do fps for objectives (like conquest or getting gear or xp), I like to be done quickly too, but I never go halfdead into a fight. I ended up healing those two idiots most of the fp with my two small heals, so that we might reach the end

Today, I was in a very strange Battle of Ilum. The group was normal enough, a Sage, a sentinel, a guardian and me, a shadow. But the whole run was cursed. First, the guardian had trouble with his UI and didn't get it to work properly. After about 5-6 minutes, he finally was able to play again. After the first boss, he disconnected. We waited a few minutes, but he didn't came back. We did the second boss with three people while waiting for replacement. The replacement came a bit later, another sentinel from the same guild than the sage. We proceeded with no problems and made it to the final boss. During the fight, the first sentinel disconnected too. We waited for him to reconnect, so that he could get his reward (and he needed the achievment too), but he didn't came back. Poor guy. That was really strange. The fp could have been perfect, everyone knew what to do and no weird people, but two disconnects. I guess, it wasn't too bad for the guardian, because his dc was 5 minutes into the fp, but I reall feel sorry for the sentinel. Ilum isn't the most enjoyable fp imo.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3

Gelious
07.25.2020 , 08:22 AM | #9930
Veteran Hammer. A 18 lvl merc didnt heal between fights, pulled something he shouldn't have and brought it to the rest of the group ,wiping us. Never said anything, and when I asked him if he knows about healing out of combat, didnt respond. Since his name was Juan I have a strong suspecion he didn't speak English.

Veteran Rakata. Hey does anyone remember last time they had Rakata pop up? Because I sure don't. Nice change from usual Hammer-Athiss-Cademimu-Raiders-D7 routine. Too bad tank instaquit (didn't want to deal with it?) so we 3-manned the whole thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post

Yes, and? Where is the problem? Kill the boss, loot. click the thing. jump off the platform, respawn, hit exit button. What's so bad about it?
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.