we have players on Star Forge trying to impersonate other players pulling trade scams

illgot

Just a heads up, the scammers on Star Forge are using alt codes to try and impersonate players on Star Forge.

We have a player named Lonie that likes to chat. Lonie is not a thief and has a normal legacy name.

A player using a similar name to Lonie using alt code letters though is a freshly boosted level 70 character of "Unknown Legacy" trying to trade scam players by selling 2 Hypercrates for 4 billion credits but instead inserting 2 Cartel Packs.

Be weary of this on all servers but this is the second person this scammer has tried to impersonate using alt code letters.

When you make a trade with someone do not click Accept until you inspect what you are receiving. If you click Accept and the trade screen resets, inspect the item again to make sure it was not switched out for something else.

And know the difference between a plantinum Hypercrate and gold Cartel Pack symbol.

Edited by illgot

player deleted the alt code imposter of Lonie and is now using another boosted 70 character to try and pull the same Hypercrate/Cartel pack trade scam.

Quick turn around, usually they wait more than 10 minutes after deleting a character to remake them. This new character also has an "Unknown Legacy" name.

IDK, did you try sending a PM to Eric or Jackie? It seems to me that while deleting and reusing a character creation token may make it hard for players to report a person, an actual Bioware employee should be able to view logs and determine the culprit without any problem. Allowing these "bad actors" to continue scamming players, impersonate system functions, and try to emulate regular well-known player characters is not helping a game that has been failing to keep long-time players subscribing. Edited by BRKMSN

IDK, did you try sending a PM to Eric or Jackie? It seems to me that while deleting and reusing a character creation token may make it hard for players to report a person, an actual Bioware employee should be able to view logs and determine the culprit without any problem. Allowing these "bad actors" to continue scamming players, impersonate system functions, and try to emulate regular well-known player characters is not helping a game that has been failing to keep long-time players subscribing.

I have no faith in the developers. I am keeping players aware of the scams. The developers have access to all the CS reports sent in about these scams, if the developers wanted to track the players creating these dummy characters on a disposable account and track where they are putting the credits and items before moving them to their primary account that is fine, but I doubt they will ever put in that much effort.

Edited by illgot