Kaliyo or Corso; who is worse?

ARavingLooony

If Skadge hates you so much why is he staying on your ship? Passage off Belsavis. Fine, whatever, it's the price for whatever help such as it is he gives. Get off my ship next planet!

Yeah, I think the reason you cant do what plenty of people wanna do and kick ppl off your ship or outright kill em is due to the fact the game is an MMO and not a singleplayer game which no doubt would've given the player the option to kick out/kill off most or half of your crew if u wished too. SWTOR is one of the very few MMO's out there I enjoy playing but at times I do wish it wasnt an mmo so I could kill a Corso and that dumb " me tough me smash" alien with the melting face :-)

Edited by ARavingLooony

It's because Skadge doesn't respect you and insults you to your face, isn't it? And why would he? He's an ex gang member and he doesn't know you. And even if he did, he'd still insult you. Not everyone's going to like you or be cordial to you

And with Corso, remember he's a farm boy who grew up with that whole mindset, so you can't hold it against him that seriously because a few days on Nar shada will change that quickly.

I will agree on Mako though.

"And with Corso, remember he's a farm boy who grew up with that whole mindset, so you can't hold it against him that seriously because a few days on Nar shada will change that quickly." there is no excuse for a man acting like a grade A creep in a pathetic attempt to get into fem smugglers pants. Also Corso never changes his attitude, he is a complete creepy 'nice guy' from start to finish. You dont exactly have to be very experienced with ladies to figure out when one isn't into you. Especially if said lady is belittling you at every chance she gets and pissing you off on purpose and flirting with as many guys as possible except you.

Yeah, I think the reason you cant do what plenty of people wanna do and kick ppl off your ship or outright kill em is due to the fact the game is an MMO and not a singleplayer game which no doubt would've given the player the option to kick out/kill off most or half of your crew if u wished too. SWTOR is one of the very few MMO's out there I enjoy playing but at times I do wish it wasnt an mmo so I could kill a Corso and that dumb " me tough me smash" alien with the melting face :-)

The word is that back in the day, during the betas,(0) you *could* kill certain companions(1), and they took that option out because people came on and said what amounted to, "Waaaah!! I killed Quinn and now, like, he's dead and he won't heal me any more."

(0) All I know about this is what people say about it, since I didn't start with SWTOR until just before 2.0 dropped.

(1) Obvious candidates were Kaliyo (probably at the Wheezer incident, I think), Quinn (at the obvious point in the story, where a "kill this backstabber" option is clearly missing), and Skadge (because he's Skadge). Second tier candidates might include Tanno Vik and Gault Rennow.

The word is that back in the day, during the betas,(0) you *could* kill certain companions(1), and they took that option out because people came on and said what amounted to, "Waaaah!! I killed Quinn and now, like, he's dead and he won't heal me any more."

(0) All I know about this is what people say about it, since I didn't start with SWTOR until just before 2.0 dropped.

(1) Obvious candidates were Kaliyo (probably at the Wheezer incident, I think), Quinn (at the obvious point in the story, where a "kill this backstabber" option is clearly missing), and Skadge (because he's Skadge). Second tier candidates might include Tanno Vik and Gault Rennow.

"The word is that back in the day, during the betas,(0) you *could* kill certain companions(1), and they took that option out because people came on and said what amounted to, "Waaaah!! I killed Quinn and now, like, he's dead and he won't heal me any more."

They shouldve kept that in and if someone was stupid enough to kill their first companion be4 getting their second one then its their own fault. As much as I despise Corso and wouldve loved to kill him the second the smuggler gets her ship back (reffering to female smuggler as Corso is WAY more creepier to fem smuggler than male smuggler) if the option to kill him was available then after getting the talking fur carpet on Nar Shadda as soon as I've finished with that planet then Corso would find his way outta the airlock or drop his *** off at the nearest spaceport and forget about him which would probably b the more likely outcome

What I heard as well, but back then you only had 1 companion who would heal you as well. So if you wanted the healing companion, you had to use them.

1 Heal

1 Range Damage

1 Range Tank

1 Melee Damage

1 Melee Tank

Were the 5 companion setups. Quinn was the healer for Warriors.

People tend to forget that you can toss them as companions just as soon as you get your ship. There's a handy protocol droid which becomes available, who heals decent and doesn't chime in every (any) conversation.

As far as between Kaliyo and Corso? That's a question of opposites, and others have already defined them.

Quinn was the healer for Warriors.

Indeed, which is why I mentioned Quinn in particular. I, too, remember when only one companion would heal. And when Qyzen Fess had a three-way active/passive switch: passive (does nothing), active (stays near and defends) and aggressive (rushes off to attack nearby red foes that are currently not fighting us).

Well, I have some doubts about that, but I'm pretty sure it worked that way at one point, probably before 2.0.

1 Heal

1 Range Damage

1 Range Tank

1 Melee Damage

1 Melee Tank

This was in the "old times" kinda challenging set-up... for example Jedi-Knight had to play the whole 1st chapter without a healing companion (Doc), if he doesnt want to use the ship-droid.

Or the Imperial Agent is one of the classes who get their second companion also very late. You had to play almost the complete 1st Chapter with Kaliyo. So in my case, I get used to her a bit more.

Other Companions came in so late in the story, they were of very little use (Xalek).

All those things made the companions and stories more unique I think. These days its more like "Take your Overlord Shae Vizla out of the mail box and start".

I wish sometimes they would give the original class story companions back their unique roles. Today are so much other companions arround, you could easily use one of the as mutiple role companion, if you want to.

Edited by Xhuuyaa

What I heard as well, but back then you only had 1 companion who would heal you as well. So if you wanted the healing companion, you had to use them.

1 Heal

1 Range Damage

1 Range Tank

1 Melee Damage

1 Melee Tank

This isn't exactly true. The ships droid could always heal. In fact, it healed better than your healing comp because it had no weapons. Every cast was a heal. No waste of cd's using ineffectual damage abilities.

This isn't exactly true. The ships droid could always heal. In fact, it healed better than your healing comp because it had no weapons. Every cast was a heal. No waste of cd's using ineffectual damage abilities.

Okay, will have to say, I never used the Ship Droid as a story companion, because I liked using the actual companions. So I can't speak for their effectiveness.

Corso is awesome, he's a good ol' boy. Kaliyo is easily one of the most awful companions. She's reprehensible(Zenith is also a terrible person).

From my point of view, Zenith is the only companion that actually makes sense for Jedi Consular and i wish he was also recruitable by trooper and smuggler. Why? Is the old formula used in many American & Canadian movies and TV series - the unlikely pertnership that, against all odds, works. Besides, i see nothing wrong in the association between a Jedi and a freedom fighter, they both want the same thing, but their methods differ.

Take a look at the other JC companions, they are simply boring and pointless, Iresso for example, a guy with no backbone, first thing he does when he gets on the ship is to start flirting with the female Jedi, even if he knows Jedi aren't exactly marriage material.

Nadia Grell: naive girl that cannot do anything right, she's probably the most uninspired choice of Senator ever made by her people.

Qizen.. let's say i replace him with Shae as soon as i can, on each and every new JC character.

Edited by bluehufsa