PVP 1v1 Tournament - The Arena 3

septru

The Arena 3

Format: 1v1 - Use It, Lose It

This is a new type of 1v1 tournament. For this tournament, players need to bring 3 different dueling classes. Player must use a different class for each round. Once a player uses that class, they may no longer play that class until the Finals.

There is a second chance bracket. If you play in the second chance bracket, you will replay the class you lost on. You may however, swap specs on the same class. Since, we are having a second chance bracket, all fights with the exception of the Finals are single rounds. 

The Finals will be best of 3. Players must use a different class for each round of the Finals, but may only use the classes they already used, in the order that they used them.

If you have any questions about the format, feel free to take a look at the brackets

Rules:

The rules have been carefully constructed to keep the tournament as fair as possible while also allowing for diversity of classes, specs, and strategies. Anything that is not explicitly stated is fair game. The rules are as follows:

• Players item level cannot exceed item level 328.
  • Only dps specs are allowed. No support specs like healers or tanks.
  • Players can choose only 1 stealth dps class. Either operative or assassin, but not both.
  • In stealth v. stealth duels, both stealthers must start out of stealth.
  • No medpacks, adrenals, or grenades (and any other consumable).
  • No sap healing.
  • No lifewarden.
  • No gear swapping, including tacticals and implants.
  • No guilds. Players must leave their guild.

Rewards:

The prize pool now includes:

• 3 Content Creator Exclusive Opal Vulptilla Mounts
  • 3 Content Creator Exclusive Opal Vulptilla Pets
  • 14,400 Cartel Coins
  • 3 Monthly Subscription Codes
  • Limited Edition Retired Tawn Faun pets
  • 10 Ultimate Cartel Hypercrates
  • Miscellaneous Ultra-Rare and Unobtainable In-Game Items

Winners of course get rewards. But giveaways will also be given to viewers on stream. Even if you aren’t participating, make sure to tune in for the chance to win a giveaway!

If anyone is willing to help out and donate rewards, it is greatly appreciated. All donations go directly to the prize pool! Please contact me on discord, Prum2.0#7755, for sponsorship opportunities and other partnerships.

Signups and Brackets:

• 1 bracket.
  • Maximum 16 players.
  • We will have a waitlist.

To maintain the competitiveness of the tournament, signups are closed-invite only. Players must have already participated, or been recommended by past participants. Players can sign up DMing me on discord, Prum2.0#7755.

We want to make this tournament accessible to everyone regardless of home server. If you need help transferring toons to participate in this tournament, private message me on discord Prum2.0#7755, and we will fund your transfers.

All players are expected to show up 30 minutes before the tournament starts.

Out of respect for the work put into hosting this tournament please do not troll, mess with, or disrupt the tournament in any way. Please do not restream or rebroadcast the tournament without express consent from tournament hosts, this includes participants. We are here for a good time. Please don’t be that spazz and ruin the fun for everyone else.

The tournament will be streamed with commentary by Kogass and Biggs @ https://www.twitch.tv/the_biggs_gaming with plenty of giveaways during the stream. Even if you aren't competing, come tune in!

A little about us! I’m Prum, and along with BioWare Content Creators, Kogass and Biggs, we have been PvPing and hosting PvP tournaments for many years. In the past several years, we have hosted a variety of tournaments including

and

This year, we're looking forward to a great 1v1 tournament and hope to see you out there.

Edited by septru
  • Like 3

the tournament is on SF. you can transfer if you want

Yeah but no cuz of the picking different classes thing, I only have one set of pvp gear on SF and also sign up sheet is broken I think, you have to get access first - doubt that is intended

also I *********** suck at 1v1s :> but it's ok, we all know biggs would win if he wouldn't be commentating

Couple updates to the rules...

Rules:

• CHANGED RULE: Players can only choose 1 stealth dps class. Either operative or assassin. And once they use either stealth class, they may not use the other.
  • NEW RULE: In stealth v. stealth duels, both stealthers must start out of stealth.

Additionally we are removing the 300milll entrance fee. Signups, however, will remain closed to previous participants, or players vouched by previous participants. We may open up signups at a later date.

I will change the original post to reflect these updates.

Sorry for the delay in announcing rewards. We are still working to finalize a list of rewards.

In the meantime, I would like to thank very generous people who have already donated to the tournament.

• Cryptic
  • Revaxus
  • Pres and The Star Forge Raid Community
  • Neo
  • Dreadism

Additionally, due to rising inflation and the declining value of credits we are no longer offering credits as in-game prizes. Instead, we will be offering in-game rare items. These rare items are worth hundreds of billions of credits.

We still welcome and encourage in-game credit donations. All donated credits will be used to buy rare items for prizes.

Edited by septru

Want to clarify a few questions that I've been asked...

To maintain the competitiveness of the tournament, signups are closed-invite only. Players must have already participated, or been recommended by past participants. Players can sign up DMing me on discord, Prum2.0#7755.

We want to keep this tournament as competitive and exciting as possible, which is why we are restricting signups. This rule, however, is not meant to bar any PvPers from this tournament, just non-PvPers. If you don't have anyone to vouch or recommend you but still want to enter, feel free to DM me on discord and we can work something out. You should also not feel discouraged if you are not the best of the best. We encourage all PvPers to enter no matter what game mode they prefer, duels, regs, ranked.

This is a new type of 1v1 tournament. For this tournament, each player will choose a different class for each round. Once they use that class, they are no longer able to play that class again until the Final Round. Each round will be best of 3, and players can switch dps specs throughout each round but not classes.

Depending on the number of signups, we will have between 2-4 rounds (not including the finals). That means players must be ready to bring between 2-4 different classes.

We understand if SF is not your home server, this might mean anywhere from 2k-4k CCs to transfer. Although I cannot promises yet, our hope is to be able to fund the CC cost to transfer for this tournament. Stay tuned for more updates.

Edited by septru

An update on the prize pool...

Rewards:

• 3 Content Creator Exclusive Opal Vulptilla Mounts
  • 3 Content Creator Exclusive Opal Vulptilla Pets
  • 14,400 Cartel Coins
  • 3 Monthly Subscription Codes
  • Limited Edition Retired Tawn Faun pets
  • 12 Ultimate Cartel Hypercrates
  • Miscellaneous Ultra-Rare and Unobtainable In-Game Items

We will continue to update the prize pool. As always, we welcome and appreciate any and all donations.

Additionally, as we mentioned before, we want to make this tournament accessible to everyone regardless of home server. If you need help transfering toons to participate in this tournament, private message me on discord Prum2.0#7755, and we will fund your transfers. We are providing this support through our own pocket. So please really consider if you need these funds.

Edited by septru
  • Like 1

Wanted to give an update about gear...

Given the many and various gear "exploits" that exist to boost a player's stats past the "traditional" ilvl 328 stat pool, we are updating the rules.

• Players overall item level cannot exceed item level 328. I don't care about the item level of individual pieces of gear. I don't care whether it is modable or not. Individual pieces and mods may exceed 328. The only thing I will check is the overall item rating.
  • Players may not swap any pieces of their gear at any point.
  • We are no longer hosting the tournament at the Rishi Stronghold. Instead, we will host the tournament at a non-bolstered stronghold. We will announce which stronghold at a later date.
  • Since we are no longer using the Rishi Stronghold, medpacks, adrenals, and grenades are no longer allowed.

I will update the original post to reflect these changes.

Edited by septru
  • Like 1

Thank you all for tuning in and participating. 

Congratulations to the winners.

1st place - Kyu.

2nd place - Scooby.

3rd place - Krubb. 

For anyone hoping to rewatch some of the duels a temporary link can be found here until we eventually upload to YouTube.