Replace stupid space combat mechanics with GSF

AxelStorm

Solo space combat is a SW version of super mario run. you're on a treadmill you barely can control.

Keep solo space missions (your ship, not your GSF ship, same rewards etc) but replace combat mechanics with how galactic starfighters function ... you know, where you actually CONTROL the ship?

• GSF is fun but queue can be long
  • Combat mechanics are way more fun
  • Allows solo space missions to be a good jump off point for GSF and people would actually play space combat missions

Edited by AxelStorm

Not sure I like this idea.

I use a G13 gamepad and the analog joystick for controlling the ship for the PVE space games (more starfox than super mario).

If I remember correctly, that analog joystick doesn't work in GSF.

My recollection, which may be off, is that they couldn't get the NPC fighters to work right in 3 dimensions which is why they had to go with the rail based system....and also why there are no solo GSF missions.

I hope that's not the case.

Because....SWG JTL certainly did that as far back as 2005.

I see absolutely no reason to condense two game modes into one. That is just taking away options. If you want a single player version of GSF, then ask for that in addition to, not instead of, what is already available. Although I wouldn't even support that since a PVE alternative might kill GSF.

Terrible idea. Some people prefer one some people prefer the other - why limit choice?

Badly worded terrible idea at that - just because you don't like something doesn't make it stupid.

I don't know anyone who actively does solo space combat. Whats the point? The progression stops at grade 7 upgrades. Hell, they didn't even upgrade the photon torpedoes to grade 7. Its a stale element of the game the majority don't touch.

I don't know anyone who actively does solo space combat. Whats the point? The progression stops at grade 7 upgrades. Hell, they didn't even upgrade the photon torpedoes to grade 7. Its a stale element of the game the majority don't touch.

*Raises hand*

Well, I do. Mostly on a lark here and there but still......

All the same, given that they're getting rid of renown so there won't be a reason to do activities like Solo Space Combat (Or Rakghoul/Gree/many, many other things) anymore and BW won't even change Seeds/Shroud to solo or do whatever rework that would be needed to readd Colicoid War Games back to rotation, the idea that they're going to touch one of the oldest parts of the game and give it a rework is......optimistic.

*Raises hand*

Well, I do. Mostly on a lark here and there but still......

All the same, given that they're getting rid of renown so there won't be a reason to do activities like Solo Space Combat (Or Rakghoul/Gree/many, many other things) anymore and BW won't even change Seeds/Shroud to solo or do whatever rework that would be needed to readd Colicoid War Games back to rotation, the idea that they're going to touch one of the oldest parts of the game and give it a rework is......optimistic.

I do the space PVE stuff, still. Mainly on the other servers where I haven't max'd out the Rep...easy conquest that takes 4 minutes.

It's also still kind of fun to do every now and then.

I play them. Just because you don't "know" anyone who plays them, doesn't mean no-one does. I'd rather get rid of GSF instead because "I don't know anyone who actively plays it".

Solo space combat is a SW version of super mario run. you're on a treadmill you barely can control.

Keep solo space missions (your ship, not your GSF ship, same rewards etc) but replace combat mechanics with how galactic starfighters function ... you know, where you actually CONTROL the ship?

• GSF is fun but queue can be long
  • Combat mechanics are way more fun
  • Allows solo space missions to be a good jump off point for GSF and people would actually play space combat missions

Absolutely no. I really enjoy the on rails SW ship missions. And often go back in there.

My only issue is that they did not keep updating it.

But I think it's a nice place to get more insight into the WAR LORE. In a relaxing mannor.

If anything. Its about time they include some new missions (that showcase the current war effort) and Grade 8

Edited by HectorCasan