Any one else losing intrest due to low population servers?

Banetek

Bastion server is dead. Sure its almost 5 am but back in the day there was at least 50 on fleet and regular pvp warzones.. Now I'm relegated to griefing ( ganking ) as its called on pvp servers). random lowbies on various planets if I want to kill people...

Sure its fun but I like group pvp and stuff too!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as it pains me to say this... Leave the Bastion and go to Harbinger if you want que pops more often. I see a lot of Ex-Bastion players from over the years here. It's about the last stand for everything since Bioware decided to go the route of single player RPG..

Bastion server is dead. Sure its almost 5 am but back in the day there was at least 50 on fleet and regular pvp warzones.. Now I'm relegated to griefing ( ganking ) as its called on pvp servers). random lowbies on various planets if I want to kill people...

This is the reason PvP servers are mostly dead people don't seem to want OWPvP so as time went on and server transfers became cheap they have simply moved away from the PvP servers, plus its accumulative affect so for instance for every 2 people that moved away because they got 'fed-up' of open world a further 1 would also leave due to a low server population, its just massive circle.

I'm sure ganking lowbies (as you so vividly described your "fun" had no effect on their desire to stick around?

You beat me to it...

And no, low pops don't usually bother me. There are times when I'd give Bioware money for solo instances of entire worlds so that I'm not dealing with idiots, griefers, poachers, and bots.

This is why I left the Bastion in the first place, years ago. PvP servers die because the community kills them. Happens in every MMO.

I read "relegated to griefing" and thought to myself hm, who is doing the relegating here. I'm fairly certain no one's in his room with a gun to his head saying "hey, you, kill that noob right there on your screen."

He's basically admitted here that he gets his jollies irritating (griefing) other people, and then we have threads and bumps by you-know-who who wants cross-server PVP queues... you guys did this to yourselves.

You beat me to it...

And no, low pops don't usually bother me. There are times when I'd give Bioware money for solo instances of entire worlds so that I'm not dealing with idiots, griefers, poachers, and bots.

Yeah, I read the thread title and came in to comment something very similar myself after yesterday on Shadowlands and the crowd on Hoth doing the same heroics I was.

You beat me to it...

Max, pretty sure he is just throwing som3 chum out for a day of trolling....

I left the bastion because I got tired getting gank by a stealth class while trying to do my dailies in the blackhole at 5-6 am in the morning. It's not fun when your doing your daily and some cheap stealth class player decide to gank you at half health. If it looks like they are losing, the stealth player uses their restealth ability and comes back when all their abilities are off cd. Most of time I wanted to finish my dailies quickly before heading off to school or work, which is why I transferred all my high level characters to harbinger. I get to pvp in the world when I want to pvp. People who were ganking in dailies were having their pvp at the expense of other people especially those stealth grievers.

The pvp servers wouldn't be that bad if perhaps they change the pvp server rules. I would disable the ability to have pvp in daily zones and instead have pvp funciton like on pve servers in daily zones. That way people can efficiently finish their dailies without having to worry about getting gank by players. Gankers went to daily zones because of the guarantee to find people there.

Actually, what they should do is have pvp hybrid zone like the Gree event. Have both pvp and pve zones. On Harbinger there is almost always pvp happening during the gree event. People who enjoy pvp get warzones coms from the dailies and people who don't care can ignore it.

Level 65s killing level 26s on Tatooine is why those servers went to crap now.... Even with level sync those lowbies don't stand a chance from being ganked. You deserve to be stuck on a low pop server as you're one of the people who were part of the problem .

I left the bastion because I got tired getting gank by a stealth class while trying to do my dailies in the blackhole at 5-6 am in the morning. It's not fun when your doing your daily and some cheap stealth class player decide to gank you at half health. If it looks like they are losing, the stealth player uses their restealth ability and comes back when all their abilities are off cd. Most of time I wanted to finish my dailies quickly before heading off to school or work, which is why I transferred all my high level characters to harbinger. I get to pvp in the world when I want to pvp. People who were ganking in dailies were having their pvp at the expense of other people especially those stealth grievers.

The pvp servers wouldn't be that bad if perhaps they change the pvp server rules. I would disable the ability to have pvp in daily zones and instead have pvp funciton like on pve servers in daily zones. That way people can efficiently finish their dailies without having to worry about getting gank by players. Gankers went to daily zones because of the guarantee to find people there.

Actually, what they should do is have pvp hybrid zone like the Gree event. Have both pvp and pve zones. On Harbinger there is almost always pvp happening during the gree event. People who enjoy pvp get warzones coms from the dailies and people who don't care can ignore it.

There's a change in "PvP-flagging" coming down the pike - it is/was live on PTS. Basically, planetary instances will be flagged for PvP or PvE, and you choose whether to zone into a PvP or PvE instance.

I mean, I am not trying to be a jerk, but how can you complain about being ganked in PVP.....when you make a toon on a pvp server? That is part of the game on those servers. I can understand when people yell about it on a PVE (EXCEPT when your attacking the opposite base for gree etc), but to make a toon on a PVP server, then complain about PVP seems kinda hypocritical.

I mean, I am not trying to be a jerk, but how can you complain about being ganked in PVP.....when you make a toon on a pvp server? That is part of the game on those servers. I can understand when people yell about it on a PVE (EXCEPT when your attacking the opposite base for gree etc), but to make a toon on a PVP server, then complain about PVP seems kinda hypocritical.

I don't disagree, the amount of people who left Aion for this very thing boggled my mind for years, but, it is an inherent problem with PvP in OW PvP games. This can be seen in Aion now, since they removed the level restriction on the rifts, and people like me, looking for some PvP in a quest zone are faced with capped players, instead of players that were capped to the level of the zone.

9/10 troll attempt...you almost got me :)

Possibly because he expected the OPPvP to come from people of his level and not level 65's just 'picking' on lower levels at least with players of his own level he stands a chance.

The coming change in April's patch will largely solve this as you can choose a PvE or PvP instance on any server, and can change on demand. Which, given they do what they say they are doing, if you don't want to be griefed while doing your non-PvP game play, you can do so by choosing the PvE side of instancing on your server.

Really, they should have done this before launch, IMO, but I acknowledge that hindsight is always 20/20.