Hide Helmet During Conversation?

ajobe

Is there any way to hide your character's helmet during conversation? I like to wear a helmet, as it is integral to the iconic trooper "look." However, I prefer to see my character's facial expressions during conversation. I know that the helmet is hidden during conversations with companions, when you are in a cantina or on your ship. However, I would like to have this as an option for all conversations.

There's an option in the preferences to hide helmets. It will hide it at all times, not just in conversations, though.

Ya, I already use this option. I just wish there was an option to only hide it during conversation. I'd prefer to wear a helmet while in combat.

• 2 years later...

Necroed on purpose!

We should really revisit this idea Bio! small QoL option: put a checkbox in the social panel options menu to "remove helmet during conversations" that would allow us to have convos with helmet off.

I like the look of my helmet during fighting, but with cutscenes it throws me off a bit. that and for some reason, my voice is always quieter with the helmet on. at times when i don't want loud volume levels, it can get hard to hear my guy when i have it turned down.

just a quick and solid idea to make the storylines that much more enjoyable (so we don't have to hide helmet in the character screen for every convo...that gets REALLY tedious after awhile).

I support this post. It's been something I've wanted since launch.

Honestly, I think it would help us identify with our characters a bit more.

My main is always running around with his helmet on, since he's not dumb enough to risk a blaster bolt to the face, but he sounds like every other male trooper, so there's no real sense of individuality, of "this is my dude". I think it would help if every time I was in a conversation I was reminded that he's a Zabrak with many small horns, medium-brown skin, a long oval face, green eyes, and tattoos running mostly vertically over his face. You know, MY character.

Not just my character, but my NPCs as well should maintain the "Hide head slot" setting.

Many times I prefer to see my NPC faces; so I'll buy some cheap adaptive headgear from the GTN just so the slot isn't empty. But it is a pain when I go into a cutscene and all of a sudden Mako is wearing some silly dancer's hat.

While we're at it, the fact that in the cutscene the dye pack / "unify colors" setting gets reset is also annoying.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...