Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Next PTS Patch and Future Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
The Next PTS Patch and Future Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

scardera
09.08.2019 , 09:29 AM | #121
The rate of aquisition of renown boxes is way too slow

Balameb
09.08.2019 , 10:53 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by scardera View Post
The rate of aquisition of renown boxes is way too slow
Its not the main source of gear, so it is expected to be slower than current command ranks. But still feels as very little. I think one of the problems is that missions are not actually giving as much renown points as they say it provides. I'm gaining less than half, here is an example:
https://imgur.com/a/5KWTWQz
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Wagerbane
09.08.2019 , 11:20 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by RemenCreed View Post
I am more of a fan of the old system of 2.0 / 3.0. It wasn't broken, so why fix it? Separate PvP and PvE gear wasn't a bad thing. You have three separate communities of players; PvE, PvP and RP. We had vendors so we could min/max our gear and people were happy. So why did people leave the game? It wasn't a gear issue. It was a content issue. Lack of PvE and PvP content. EA needs to return the teams pulled from this game to Anthem and scrap Anthem. Its a failed game and move on. Give all communities what they want. More content and less of a headache for gear. Stop with the whole RNG nonsense. No one wants it. Continue this path and you will lose more subs.
The 2.0 or 3.0 had a way to set our characters PVP with companions without going into different instance and walk into warzone near outlaw den will auto go PVP. Gear modify bonus status for companions. Game came out 2011 year. Between those year 2011 to 2014 with Enteral Empire meets the compliance with all strongholds. I'm curious if there where radical resistance boot from Star Wars Galaxies had discover this game and turn the game toward the left and rig down to low end with weak characters with weak companions while all areas inside the game set hard mode. We our probably going to see this happen again. After this fail again and next one will rise probably will be their prison after court next time for their not conform their doing not right. Radical resistance will never learn from mistakes.

ZionHalcyon
09.08.2019 , 01:33 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Wagerbane View Post
The 2.0 or 3.0 had a way to set our characters PVP with companions without going into different instance and walk into warzone near outlaw den will auto go PVP. Gear modify bonus status for companions. Game came out 2011 year. Between those year 2011 to 2014 with Enteral Empire meets the compliance with all strongholds. I'm curious if there where radical resistance boot from Star Wars Galaxies had discover this game and turn the game toward the left and rig down to low end with weak characters with weak companions while all areas inside the game set hard mode. We our probably going to see this happen again. After this fail again and next one will rise probably will be their prison after court next time for their not conform their doing not right. Radical resistance will never learn from mistakes.
You're Gree, aren't you?

Solarmind
09.09.2019 , 01:04 AM | #125
I hope you'll do something with the materials' storage. The idead is good. Very good indeed. But the realisation.

The long list is the worst you could possibly do !

For now I've got everything in the bank, in a Type◊Grade table. A long list is a huge step down.
At least, look at how it was done in the Guild Wars 2 and make something similar. Pretty plese ?

ZionHalcyon
09.09.2019 , 10:17 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Letís talk about what is coming next. We are going to add vendors to the game that will sell all set items and tacticals for Tech Fragments. This is not meant to be a primary source of acquiring the gear but it will ensure you can get exactly what you want over time. Since this is meant to be supplementary, expect higher pricing on it.

Kai Zykken will remain in-game as a vendor with his current functionality. His purpose will now be to have a random selection of items that will be at a reduced price from what is on the standard vendors. This still gives you a compelling reason to check his wares every week as you might be able to get exactly what you want, but at a reduced rate from what you would normally pay.

Since these vendors were not available in the initial implementation of the vendors and Tech Fragments, expect when they are implemented in a future PTS patch there will likely be a shakeup in Tech Fragments acquisition / costs. Again, this is not in todayís patch.
Do we have an ETA on when these items will be implemented in a patch? I will admit I am refraining from testing until they are put in.

OlBuzzard
09.09.2019 , 11:45 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Do we have an ETA on when these items will be implemented in a patch? I will admit I am refraining from testing until they are put in.
I'm on there now... but getting started waaay behind everyone else.

If may be bold. How about:
1. Specific areas to test.. maybe even specific missions or groups ? (maybe even posting here some areas that need looked at ??? I'm having difficulties reading minds as to specific details that BW dev team needs answered. I will be more than GLAD to help. Just point me in the right direction
2. Specific targeted drops .. if that's possible. Some tests I've been in the past were able to .. some not!
3. Opening areas up to single / multiple player testing zones... EVEN if you have to provide gear packages to allow players to test. (all of that gets deleted any how !! ) This will allow the testing of the new gear / tactical gear items / bonus system and other items. As it stands it may take another month just for enough people to get the gear let alone test it.

I know this sounds a bit nuts... but how do we actually find out if things work if we spend all of out time just trying to get to the party .. instead of finding out of the party favors work after we get there ?

Not trying to be rude. I'm just throwing out a suggestion to try to get the gear / system actually tested more !

Sorry folks .. it's been a REALLY long time since I've tested stuff .. It's interesting .. and different games / developers have different approaches to the testing phases !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|