Negativity during PvP activities

TriceraNL

Hey there people,

I'm sure this is'nt the only time i am about to mention something that has been mention before but i've got to get this off of my chest. You see, first and foremost, i am not much of a PVP-er at all, I am more of a PVE-er to be honest but often a daily or weekly P.O. requires you to do some PvP, either by doing Galactic Starfighter or Warzone matches and that's the reason why i do them.

Now, that being said,

Once i am inside a GSF or Warzone match, i can't help but notice that quitte abit of "players" seem to become so negative too fast. As soon as it hit's the fan... they say things like "This match is lost", "We're not going to win this" etc.

And i don't know about you people but i think that's abit negative.

It's not fun to read (to put it mildly) and it also brings down the entire spirit of the rest of the team as well.

Like i said before "i am not much of a PVP-er at all" but i "dislike" to lose. Then again, who does?

but if someone feels that way, that's fine but i much rather have them keep that to themself.

It's not like i like to read the things i mentioned above over and over and over again, it's not like, i have to be reminded of it, like every... what? 2 minutes? and believe me, that DOES happen.

Personally, i think that if they want a bigger chance of being victorious during a GSF or Warzone match,

it's better to go premade. Get some friends or guild members that you know instead of doing unranked random warzone matches and constantly flap your gums about what i said above. I don't need to be reminded of it like, every 2 minutes or something and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who feels that way.

Its humans and pvp and egos really. If the complainers are a DPS class that is not the top 3 dps, or a class that can taunt and have 0 protection, or a healer that is only doing 3k hps and cant even outheal the top dps in the match, then just ignore those people, as they are a non factor. Or just shut your chat off and enjoy the game.

If you care about strictly winning, you will likely have to try and carry your team doing the objectives as most people just try and farm numbers (and still fail to do so).

As for GSF, the only reason that even gets queue pops is because Galactic Seasons helped it. So yeah you will likely run into 90% of the people there for the daily and the other 10% are GSF aces that actually love GSF.

Edited by SOULCASTER

OK, let's be honest some players are really bad I mean really. At this point the reason is irrelevant. So when you find yourself in a team like that, you just quit and np. WRONG because BW implemented a 15min penalty. It makes people frustrated, the rest is history.

OK, let's be honest some players are really bad I mean really. At this point the reason is irrelevant. So when you find yourself in a team like that, you just quit and np. WRONG because BW implemented a 15min penalty. It makes people frustrated, the rest is history.

Well, i mean,

I'm pretty sure no one likes to lose, atleast i don't. But i don't think that constantly complaining about that we are going to lose the match... it's getting hella annoying and quite frankly, i am getting tired of hearing it over and over and over again. And not only that, it also brings the spirit down of the rest of the team which will result in an increased chance of losing.

In other words, i truly believe that negativity like that won't get you very far.

Positivity on the other hand, usually does.

when you pvp often enough you start to know when you have team mates that will not be helpful towards winning because you see them often enough to understand what they do or not do.

in PVP you could be stuck with a stealther as a team mate that you know will hardly ever do anything but AFK. when you see that same DPS stealth end match after match with no more than 4k TOTAL damage and they have no objective points or defender medals, you start to recognize that when they are on your team you are playing short handed.

not saying that this is cause to be toxic or abusive in chat or anything. but it also could be someone accepting that the game is a loss.

when I stop seeing players at level 75 with rating 41(yup rating 41) or 3 to 5 players(who I see on and off for the last year) never go past 269..sure Ill stop being negative or maybe the team just this week that spent the entire match dueling and specifically ignoring the "enemy" ball carrier..yes Ill stop being "negative"

trash win trading is rampant in matches and even admitted, as I read in fleet chat last night, they laugh about it and say "its only a game"..not sure when cheating became so casual..but its obvious the negativity is because we are expected to either tolerate these win trading scum or get penalized because loser pve mat farmers feel its their play ground.

Either way it just drives pvp further into a pit and drives away players. But sure you just chuckle smile and act as if everything is allowed and nothing really matters. Just dont forget to turn off the lights when the game really dies.

Edited by Alericus

when I stop seeing players at level 75 with rating 41(yup rating 41) or 3 to 5 players(who I see on and off for the last year) never go past 269..sure Ill stop being negative or maybe the team just this week that spent the entire match dueling and specifically ignoring the "enemy" ball carrier..yes Ill stop being "negative"

trash win trading is rampant in matches and even admitted, as I read in fleet chat last night, they laugh about it and say "its only a game"..not sure when cheating became so casual..but its obvious the negativity is because we are expected to either tolerate these win trading scum or get penalized because loser pve mat farmers feel its their play ground.

Either way it just drives pvp further into a pit and drives away players. But sure you just chuckle smile and act as if everything is allowed and nothing really matters. Just dont forget to turn off the lights when the game really dies.

Why would people win trade in regs? Are you sure you heard that correctly and they weren’t taking about ranked.

Well, i mean,

I'm pretty sure no one likes to lose, atleast i don't. But i don't think that constantly complaining about that we are going to lose the match... it's getting hella annoying and quite frankly, i am getting tired of hearing it over and over and over again. And not only that, it also brings the spirit down of the rest of the team which will result in an increased chance of losing.

In other words, i truly believe that negativity like that won't get you very far.

Positivity on the other hand, usually does.

You are absolutely right, what I am trying to say is that BW created this toxicity by implementing the 15 min penalty for leaving WZs.

You are absolutely right, what I am trying to say is that BW created this toxicity by implementing the 15 min penalty for leaving WZs.

Well... i can understand both sides really.

I mean... i also don't really like quitters, so implementing some kind of penalty is a good concequence.

But, i also understand that this can cause even more "frustration" with certain players.

The point is: Those were unranked matches. Matches that everyone can just queue for all by themself.

So that means you'd end up with random people and personally, when you play with randoms, you can't honestly expect to win. I mean... Winning is nice but you can't expect it from an unranked Warzone match with randoms.

And i think if people want a bigger chance of winning a Warzone, they are much better off finding people to do Warzones with (like with friends and/or guildies), a.k.a. a so called "Premade" before even queuing.

But no, they much rather queue for a random unranked warzone all by themself

and then complain when it goes bad, when it does'n't go the way they wanted (and that's putting it mildly).

Hey there people,

I'm sure this is'nt the only time i am about to mention something that has been mention before but i've got to get this off of my chest. You see, first and foremost, i am not much of a PVP-er at all, I am more of a PVE-er to be honest but often a daily or weekly P.O. requires you to do some PvP, either by doing Galactic Starfighter or Warzone matches and that's the reason why i do them.

Now, that being said,

Once i am inside a GSF or Warzone match, i can't help but notice that quitte abit of "players" seem to become so negative too fast. As soon as it hit's the fan... they say things like "This match is lost", "We're not going to win this" etc.

And i don't know about you people but i think that's abit negative.

It's not fun to read (to put it mildly) and it also brings down the entire spirit of the rest of the team as well.

Like i said before "i am not much of a PVP-er at all" but i "dislike" to lose. Then again, who does?

but if someone feels that way, that's fine but i much rather have them keep that to themself.

It's not like i like to read the things i mentioned above over and over and over again, it's not like, i have to be reminded of it, like every... what? 2 minutes? and believe me, that DOES happen.

Personally, i think that if they want a bigger chance of being victorious during a GSF or Warzone match,

it's better to go premade. Get some friends or guild members that you know instead of doing unranked random warzone matches and constantly flap your gums about what i said above. I don't need to be reminded of it like, every 2 minutes or something and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who feels that way.

Negativity comes from the fact that we are humans . Some players are toxic by default, while others get pissed off because maybe it's their 5th lost game in a row due to factors they can't control and they just get super mad... It's understandable , because due this IDIOTIC lockout,we can't even quit the game and reque . You are forced to play a game where you are basically farmed by the enemy team. Not really sure what's the fun in that tbh or what was Bioware thinking.

Negativity comes from the fact that we are humans . Some players are toxic by default, while others get pissed off because maybe it's their 5th lost game in a row due to factors they can't control and they just get super mad... It's understandable , because due this IDIOTIC lockout,we can't even quit the game and reque . You are forced to play a game where you are basically farmed by the enemy team. Not really sure what's the fun in that tbh or what was Bioware thinking.

I get that people can get upset when it's their 5th lost game in a row, i really do,

But maybe it's an idea for them then to group up with people (like friends and/or guildies)

so you have a bigger chance of being victorious with a Warzone match?

I mean, really... if you want a guaranteed win, you need people that can play / work together, communicate (preferably by voice) as it's much faster then writing everything.. Team up and then queue.

The people too focused on wins and objectives are usually the first to be negative but don't get me wrong plenty of PvPers are more than just negative too. The players coming in just to get a win or two, when they don't really enjoy PvP or don't PvP in general. Going into the match expecting a win is setting yourself up for failure, if you don't really PvP or aren't very good at it, it's probably time to group up or at least recognize that it could take some time to complete. Matchmaking in the game isn't great so there are often matches that will just be frustrating but yelling at each other isn't going to help.

I've played - from what I last added up between all of my characters wins assuming I have at least 50% win rate, which I will be honest I have not cared for objectives since the last of my friends quit from ranked 8v8 days. So assuming a 50% win rate is generous, I would have 16,000 matches played at the least.

That's a lot, though I have played for ages, most of those matches were when there really wasn't any reward for PvP outside of PvPing to PvP. Of all the players I have seen in my time, the most bitter end up being the objective-focused players. I don't blame them, because there's a lot of players who don't understand basic concepts in the game, how the combat works, what resolve is, or even where they are in location to the objective. With all of these factors from new to old players who may just not care about it just creates a terrible experience. While objectives are important for winning, you can't just blindly only play the objective, you need to be good at other things like doing damage, understanding the resolve system, and when it may be better to stall if you guys cannot win a team fight.

I would love to see even if it was only seasonal (because it'd obviously be busted balance-wise, but that's ok if it's here for a short time as a fun mode to test the waters) solo ranked 8v8, that would then give some seriousness to playing objectives for every player. This of course should probably get some not amazing rewards since it will likely be unbalanced and be used as a tester to see how good or bad it could be. The motivation to play objective would be for these probably spinoff rewards and the fact you could get rating for this mode thus creating more reason for competitiveness.