306 Gear - How much to hold on to? - How much to scrap?

hillerbees

Hi folks,

I know this answer will depend on many factors, however I find myself swimming in 306 mods, armor pieces etc. How much should I keep?....how are you guys managing your 306 gear haul.

You can take it that I play all classes, have multiple alts and would like to retain one set of each of the collectable/set bonus gear sets.

Should I be dumping Sha'tek and Onderonian gear? Do the different types of Onderonian make any difference, Targeter, Pummeler etc..

I'm starting to feel like the (306 gear) hoarder from next door.

All tips welcome.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Just a question...do you keep anything that's 306 or only the ones that you consider BiS or your preferred pick?

And do you care about amplifiers? Because that also makes a difference.

Any 306 unmoddable gear (as in head, chest, gloves, etc) I would sell to the vendor. Only the ones where you can rip out the mods are worth keeping. And trinkets (relics, earpieces, implants) are worth holding on to if they're the sha-tek variant.

I think the biggest factors are going to be how much intake you have (effectively: what content you play and how much you play it) and how much you need (amount of characters, amount of specs, willingness to 'share' gear, whether some are more important than others), which are so incredibly variable, that it's hard to give a specific answer.

For me.. I've always played such an ungodly amount of MM FPs, that.. my step one was to get a generic 306 set for tanking and for not-tanking. My step two was to determine exactly what I wanted to end up with, what items I'd need to consider my gearing to be finished. Looking at how fast I was gaining those items, I quickly realized that I could discard everything else. I'm currently on my third step of examining only amplifiers on drops to see whether there's anything I wish to keep.

Once I had 306 gear for all my main characters, I then started only keeping mods with 'gold' amplifiers and pieces of bonus sets. At this time that's about 3/4 of a Legacy storage tab, but I'm planning to spread that out among the relevant characters, and store some extras in some alts Cargo bay.

Lately I sell just about all of it to the vendor. I sometimes go through it to look for pieces with useful gold amplifiers, but usually I don't bother any more. I figure that now that my main characters and crafters (7 total) have 306s, there's no need to store any more. If I was to decide to take another character to 306, it wouldn't take long to get the gear.

So, I would suggest you keep whatever useful bonus set pieces you get and fill them with enough 306 mods to fill a set for a new alt, and then scrap the rest.

Just a question...do you keep anything that's 306 or only the ones that you consider BiS or your preferred pick?

And do you care about amplifiers? Because that also makes a difference.

Any 306 unmoddable gear (as in head, chest, gloves, etc) I would sell to the vendor. Only the ones where you can rip out the mods are worth keeping. And trinkets (relics, earpieces, implants) are worth holding on to if they're the sha-tek variant.

I'm worse than that - I keep a 304 piece of armor that has one slot 306 in the event that I might pull that piece apart to make use of it. I'm not even someone who really min/max's gear!! - I think I'm going to have to learn to let go of stuff!!

I think the biggest factors are going to be how much intake you have (effectively: what content you play and how much you play it) and how much you need (amount of characters, amount of specs, willingness to 'share' gear, whether some are more important than others), which are so incredibly variable, that it's hard to give a specific answer.

For me.. I've always played such an ungodly amount of MM FPs, that.. my step one was to get a generic 306 set for tanking and for not-tanking. My step two was to determine exactly what I wanted to end up with, what items I'd need to consider my gearing to be finished. Looking at how fast I was gaining those items, I quickly realized that I could discard everything else. I'm currently on my third step of examining only amplifiers on drops to see whether there's anything I wish to keep.

I like your logic - I need to look at where I want to end up! Thank you.

Once I had 306 gear for all my main characters, I then started only keeping mods with 'gold' amplifiers and pieces of bonus sets. At this time that's about 3/4 of a Legacy storage tab, but I'm planning to spread that out among the relevant characters, and store some extras in some alts Cargo bay.

Lately I sell just about all of it to the vendor. I sometimes go through it to look for pieces with useful gold amplifiers, but usually I don't bother any more. I figure that now that my main characters and crafters (7 total) have 306s, there's no need to store any more. If I was to decide to take another character to 306, it wouldn't take long to get the gear.

So, I would suggest you keep whatever useful bonus set pieces you get and fill them with enough 306 mods to fill a set for a new alt, and then scrap the rest.

I bet your house is as neat as a pin - I'm going to think of you when I next go to keep an item and ask myself do I really want it ( In real life too I think!) Thanks!

I have one inventory tab full of each. How many are there per tab? 80? So 80 x mod, 80 x armoring etc.

I noticed that I don't ever take out any, I thus assume that stocking 306s is basically useless. :o

Ok, at last someone who sounds a little like me!!...I try and put some organisation on the mess too and like you, rarely do I need to touch any of it!

Good to know I'm not hoarding alone!

I'm worse than that - I keep a 304 piece of armor that has one slot 306 in the event that I might pull that piece apart to make use of it. I'm not even someone who really min/max's gear!! - I think I'm going to have to learn to let go of stuff!!

Sounds like you do :) but you can do it!!!

It's okay to keep that 304 piece with the 306 mod. Just remember that you can also use that piece to store other 306 mods (by replacing the crap mods that are on it already).

You can save a lot of inventory space by storing your good mods on armor pieces. Yes, it costs a few credits to remove the mods later, but credits are easy to come by.

Edited by JediQuaker

I know this answer will depend on many factors, however I find myself swimming in 306 mods, armor pieces etc. How much should I keep?....how are you guys managing your 306 gear haul.
Many have already replied and I basically do the same (one set of 306 for all first, then expanding on that for set bonus sets).

Right now I only collect the unlettered 306 any any item with a gold amplifier. Those I send to dedicated alts who build and keep the crafting and collecting sets.

The rest I either sell or scrap.

Still: my legacy bank is completely filled up, which is why I needed to spread out to different alts (for example I also collected all armor sets from H2-boxes once).