Swtor mods

Aikes_Itso

so, i use mods on a lot of games, and I've used mods on other MMOs, however i only use mods that effect local files and have no effect on other players, usually texture and model mods, personally i would like the opportunity to play a character that uses one of the droid models, so i could be a sith droid. i understand why mods are generally disliked, though. many people use cheats to ruin games for others, i myself have been the victim of auto-dodging ******es, and no one needs reminding of the Dark Souls cheat community.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean some mods could be okay i guess i wouldent mind a map mod so i dont have to just google holcrons and keep swapping back it can be fun i guess but just havin a map addon to eithere mark locations or to have them show up would be niice

I play SWTOR and I played ESO.

ESO needs mods, SWTOR does´nt.

In ESO you need mods and a website to see where you can buy a specific item. The GTN is so much better :)

Also in ESO its a bit harder to see who makes what damage and so on. The parser is imo easier.

And the default interface in ESO is not very good. SWTORs editable interface is very nice there.

Conclusion: There are probably some things mods for SWTOR could make better, but they are not neccessary to play the game.

Gtn in this game is terrible, can be better then ESO, but general in overall.

Ui is lacking many many many futures such as filtering buffsm/debuffs. I mean I have to use custom star parse to track dots, hots, which can be implemented by the dev team very easily.

An Ui API would be awesome, so we could code client side implements and changes. But never going to happen

This is the only MMO i have ever played that doesnt allow for mods. Curse gaming and many other sites provide mods for many games out there that make the experience a LOT more enjoyable. SWTOR has decided to put its customers on rails and this may be good for something, I dont know what, but because of it I find the galactic market horrible in this game. I dont want to spend my time looking up 30 different items to compair prices just so that I can sell my crap, I want something that will check prices and allow me to undercut the other sellers. I want my time to be spent effficiently, not irritated because I have to quest to make money or because I have to do searches to sell some item for 400 credits.... and speaking of the market....since I cant have my own vendors why cant my items be on the market longer?

I havent sold anything on the market until today and I just got reminded of why I dont. The market mechanics are horrible. Absolutely primitive in todays MMO gaming market. In MMOs that don't fair much better for trade markets, at least you are usually able to right click + shift (or something similar) to add the name of the product into the search engine for the market....not in this game. In this game you have to type in the product name to compair prices...

Number one.... that I have to sell crap on a market means that I already have to waste time to get the itmes....because mind you, I am only here to PvP....I have to date NEVER done a Flashpoint because I dont care to...not my idea of fun. With the pathetic state of the market, I now also have to waste more of my time in order to use the market....because in Blizzard's infinite wisdom they have decided to block the ability for private individuals to create mods for this game. It makes the game irritating. I dont play video games to be irritated.

Blizzard, please get off your rump and create a few small provitions...like you did with allowing users to mod their own interface.....and stop jerking me around on my free-to-pay time in your game. I pay a sub, give me perks that matter. A different looking speeder or clothing....junk. Stupid cake-eater crap that does zero for me.

P.S.

Your market system really bites. Cartel coins for xp...good...cartel coins for image designed junk = emo. Allow scripting and mods because you apparently fail at interface and user friendly interaction.

Personally I think mods is a dumb idea, for the reason that not everyone will have them, if you downloaded a mod to look a certain way, while another player may not want to download it to benefit your needs.

Sorry but everything needs to stay connected.

Personally I think mods is a dumb idea, for the reason that not everyone will have them, if you downloaded a mod to look a certain way, while another player may not want to download it to benefit your needs.

Sorry but everything needs to stay connected.

Most the mods people want are like Curse offers, DPS meters, call outs, etc...Deadly Boss Mods was one I remember, would tell you when to move away as boss was casting. lol Would say "Runaway little girl!". lol

When the game first launched, Curse had mods but I guess they were quickly shut down. IMO as BW/EA doesn't want to be like Blizzard.

• 4 months later...
In my opinion, SWTOR would not need mod if the devs were to improve (or completely revamp) the GTN and the mini-map. Full map transparency was a very good idea, but the mini-map is almost useless, Compare to GuildWars 2 or The Secret World, on swtor you rely far more on the full map than imo you should in a game.

I've used mods in WoW. Mostly quality of life. I like bars were I put them. I like scrap being sold without me digging through my stuff- Here we can do that anyway. Some mods are way too hand-holdy for my liking, But mods should always be player choice, we know from WoW thats often not the case. We've gamed here how long and we haven't had mods? We can do without.

OP, tell these people what games NOT named WoW you played that allows for mods.

My experience is the opposite actually. WoW was the only one that had a ton of mods in an MMO. Now single player games, yes a ton of them allow it. That's why Bioware's other 2 franchises I touched in the last few years are better on PC than console.

Elder Scrolls Online.

In fact without mods (PC only of course) the ESO UI would be all but useless.

All The Best

• 1 year later...

This is the only MMO I have ever played that doesn't allow for mods. Curse gaming and many other sites provide mods for many games out there that make the experience a LOT more enjoyable. SWTOR has decided to put its customers on rails and this may be good for something, I don't know what, but because of it, I find the galactic market horrible in this game. I don't want to spend my time looking up 30 different items to compare prices just so that I can sell my crap, I want something that will check prices and allow me to undercut the other sellers. I want my time to be spent efficiently, not irritated because I have to quest to make money or because I have to do searches to sell some item for 400 credits.... and speaking of the market....since I can't have my own vendors why cant my items are on the market longer?

I used Grammarly to transcribe the original quote.

Those are all very fine points but I hate how you have to go into the interface and resize the scaling ratio making the interface elements bigger or smaller every time you need to read something in a description, item names, or the number of items you have. Then you have to readjust the scaling when you want to view the full map when you press the "M" key.

Another thing I dislike about SWTOR is how when crafting you have to reset the level of crew mission every time you open the crew skill mission window. Little things or annoyances like these I would have thought would be fixed in the first year but I guess EA rather concentrate on events and cosmetic content rather than player-friendly and convenient gameplay.

A mod would quickly fix these issues. Believe me, these issues probably would have been some of the first issues rectified by mods.

Glad SWTOR came to Steam though, It does seem to glitch a lot less than it ever did on Origin.

Still loving the game but would be nice if some of the more annoying things would be fixed some time.

• 1 year later...

I think we need to brake down what we mean by mods, to me mods are player made add-ons that make a game playable (am thinking of VTmB Unofficial Patch) (fantastic game btw) Single player games that have mods tend to live longer as most of the mods are bug fixes or balancing patches. So I support mods like this.

Add ons via cursed CAN be good, something simple like "tell me when" Or bigger add ons like "DBM" can help when it comes to raiding, but I dont like the idea of being forced into downloading a mod just to stay competative say a DPS add-on for Sorc as there very underpowerd in that moment. I think like most things, a "to much of a good thing" approach is best.

WoW got silly you needed add-ons for your add-ons