Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Endless loading screen AGAIN

Johard
01.23.2012 , 05:09 AM | #61
The loading screen after update 1.1 appeared out of no where, it was normally only appearing once a hour, now it's constant and for 10-15 seconds at a time. This occurs whenever I play flashpoints, operations, PVP or just standing around. PVP has got so bad I am unable to play effectively any more. I'm constantly getting kicked from warzones due to this loading screen. I've updated all my drivers and software I can think of. I'm disappointed with the games performance as anything else I run inc - BF3 has no problems.

Server name - Legion of Lettow
Planet/Area you are trying to load in to - ALL Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones, Planets.
Character name - Johard
Can you load into other characters successfully? - Loading in isn't the issue, its the loading screen appearing constantly (but yes I can log on to other characters).
Does this occur every time you try to log in with this character? - Yes it does.

Echo Seven
UK based Galactic Republic Guild & Community

http://www.echoseven.eu

asue
03.18.2012 , 03:58 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Johard View Post
The loading screen after update 1.1 appeared out of no where, it was normally only appearing once a hour, now it's constant and for 10-15 seconds at a time. This occurs whenever I play flashpoints, operations, PVP or just standing around. PVP has got so bad I am unable to play effectively any more. I'm constantly getting kicked from warzones due to this loading screen. I've updated all my drivers and software I can think of. I'm disappointed with the games performance as anything else I run inc - BF3 has no problems.

Server name - Legion of Lettow
Planet/Area you are trying to load in to - ALL Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones, Planets.
Character name - Johard
Can you load into other characters successfully? - Loading in isn't the issue, its the loading screen appearing constantly (but yes I can log on to other characters).
Does this occur every time you try to log in with this character? - Yes it does.
The same problem...
«Soft seas make soft sailors»

mr_cunning
03.18.2012 , 05:53 PM | #63
I can confirm that changing decimal and digit grouping symbol to English standard has solved my issue.

I live in Serbia, and in our region "," is used as a decimal symbol and "." is used for digit grouping. Changing regional settings back to English solved the issue of connecting to the game.

Issue description:

After some time of not playing due to holidays and absence, I suddenly experienced a problem connecting to servers. All patches, repaires, and reinstalls of the game ran smoothly but upon pressing Play all I would get was a loading screen that stood there for half an hour just playing that rotating blue animation in the corner. After the half hour it would display server selection screen with all the servers listed (with correct number of my characters) but choosing any servers to connect would simply result in another half hour wait with the loading screen. Also, help center (for troubleshooting and submiting tickets) was also non-responsive.

I have exchanged 6 or 7 e-mails with the support, all with DxDiag, pathping, tracert files and all they could say is check your router, ISP and firewall. Now, I know that no settings on the router and firewall had not changed at all, and my ISP assured me that there was no reason on their part for game malfunction, they even upgraded my connection to 8Mbps.

The main reason why they dismissed it all as connection problems and pointed fingers at my router, firewall and ISP is this pathping that I submitted to them:

Spoiler

All they had to say to this is:

Quote:
The pathping you provided is showing large amounts, sometimes up to 100%, of packet loss which will result in latency issues such as those you are experencing.

Please note that we are unable to assist in this instance, and strongly advise contacting your ISP for support with this matter.
Now, I'm looking at that pathping, and I see nothing wrong; my 10.4.0.1 router doesn't like to be pinged, but it blocks no traffic.

I chased my friends to do pathpings and tracert, I invited them to SW:TOR to try and run the game, and was just about to pack my computer (not an easy thing to carry) to a friend of mine just to try and run the game, when I saw this thread.

I changed "." to decimal symbol and "," to digit grouping symbol, and now the game works.

I. Have. No. (More.) Words.

KaworuNagisa
04.18.2012 , 07:54 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Nobodygr View Post
a guy found the solution

1. Go to Control Panel -> Region and Language
2. At the 1st tab ('Formats'), click the 'Additional Settings' buttons that is at the bottom right
3. In the new window, at the 1st tab again ('Numbers'), there is a field called 'Decimal Symbol' and a field called 'Digit Grouping Symbol'. Change decimal symbol to . (dot) and digit grouping symbol to , (comma)
4. Click Apply and then OK on this window and the same on the previous window
5. Launch the game

Cheers,we did what customer service couldnt,we figured it ourselves!
I had this problem too, I contacted customer service about it and they were helpless they asked for winsock reset tcp reset reset ect. Luckily I found this post and it worked.
Then I contacted customer service again asking how it`s possible for a problem like this to happen, that they had the solution in the forum and they didn`t even know it and also why isn`t it stickied. They responded with this:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us regarding stuck at loading screen issue.

We are pleased to hear that your issue is now resolved. Should you require assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
What the hell! did you even read the question I asked?? I will not subscribe to this game because of bad customer service and also because the game is just another WoW clone with ME cutscenes added in it.

sol_
04.18.2012 , 08:17 AM | #65
Endless loading screens and crashing so often today

CrondorStone
04.18.2012 , 08:39 AM | #66
/signed

Getting endless loading screens here also. Especially when going to Tatooine and the population is high.
Originally Posted by Semitote
Oh noes it might take a couple months to get fully geared. This is what I expect from an MMO. If you want to play Candyland, go play Candyland.

Eldzsiah
04.20.2012 , 12:31 PM | #67
The last patch solved my loading screen problems!
Thank you for this Boiware!