Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Endless loading screen AGAIN

Rogii
12.14.2011 , 11:16 AM | #1
OK usually I don't use Tech Support forums, because I normally don't expect to get any help from them in anyway from customer service (I pay for by buying your game).

Same issue as weekend beta. Though I would just give it a rest seeing as it was beta (and other people we're having the same issue) and lo and behold. Its STILL not loading, just endless churning of gears, no disc activity. Got server select screen ONCE when i loaded a fresh install of the game for the first time. Select server, and I'm stuck in the loading screen. Quit the game 10 minutes later, load the game again, stuck on loading screen BEFORE server select screen. The only way to get into server select screen is to reset the internet connection during loading screen and this will only get me as far as the server select screen. What the hell is wrong with this game.

Would've been helpful if there was log file for when loading the game (not just launcher.log) to see what the hell is going on. Because its not crashing the game its just stuck waiting for something.

Playing on:
Windows 7 64bit
ATI Radeon 5790 - 11.1 drivers
Intel Core Duo
network linksys router with nat on open

krattan
12.14.2011 , 11:19 AM | #2
I have the same problem. I get the endless loading screen after I select server. I reported this issue in every way possible during the last beta weekend but it seems to me that it has not been fixed. I have tried turning off anti virus, firewall and bypassing my router no success.

DivineGFX
12.14.2011 , 11:22 AM | #3
I'm having the same issue, and unfortnately being on a college network it's harder to fix for me than it is for most.

basically what's going on is the server you're attemping to connect to is being blocked by your firewall or antivirus. In order to fix it you need to open the ports on your router. Said ports can be found in a post stickied in this forum.

Depending on your make and model of router, the directions to forward the port rangeds and individual ports can be different, but the end-result is the same.

Why the game is doing this is because when you select a server, it tries to connect, but if you get an error (You probably got error code 1005 or something like that) it closes out. Unfortunately the game also sets that server as your auto-connect server. The next time you start up the game it keeps trying to autoconnect, but fails. Hence the infinite loading screen upon secondary startup.

Hope this helps

Rogii
12.14.2011 , 11:27 AM | #4
Ill try that out, but its weird isn't UPNP supposed to take care of forwarding ports. Works fine for uTorrent and all other apps supporting UPNP why should SWTOR be any different. Again, server log file would be helpfull identifying problems.

Even if its just an option in the launcher to turn on logging to identify problems. Stuff like among others makes an mmo good or bad.

Rogii
12.14.2011 , 11:38 AM | #5
Well forwarding ports didn't help. Turned off windows firewall ages ago, turned off anti-virus still nothing. Any other ideas, apart from doing a clean install of windows 7.

krattan
12.14.2011 , 11:39 AM | #6
I have tried this but it did not help.

DivineGFX
12.14.2011 , 11:40 AM | #7
Odd. That's what all of the info I've been finding around the net points directly to.

Rogii
12.14.2011 , 11:44 AM | #8
Any blue/yellow/pink whatever able to help?

krattan
12.14.2011 , 11:49 AM | #9
I will try again with another internet connection, thereby bypassing my router, and post my results.

krattan
12.14.2011 , 12:01 PM | #10
I just tried with my 3g connection but I got the same endless loading screen. So the only thing I can think of that's left is to reinstall windows. This is going to be a tough night.