There's a lot that should change in this game.

xdjinn

The original post was made in March, we're now in May and yet OP is still going about it though now he seems to have switched tactics to the old KOTOR II vs SWTOR debate in order to dunk on the game's lore, which contrary to his thoughts is actually quite well done. And that Bioware is somehow jealous of Obsidian as if game development was a High School movie made by USAnians. I'm genuinely confused as to why OP is still here after all this time, if both the gameplay aspect and the lore are not interesting why even remain:rak_02:

Its still to date a 9th wonder of the gamers world.

Complain about the game they are a part in....but remain the entire time. Every game we participate in have them. Its a mentality we'll never be able to explain.

Its clearly a case of fomo syndrome....in my opinion only.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original post was made in March, we're now in May and yet OP is still going about it though now he seems to have switched tactics to the old KOTOR II vs SWTOR debate in order to dunk on the game's lore, which contrary to his thoughts is actually quite well done. And that Bioware is somehow jealous of Obsidian as if game development was a High School movie made by USAnians. I'm genuinely confused as to why OP is still here after all this time, if both the gameplay aspect and the lore are not interesting why even remain:rak_02:

So, subjects cannot evolve nor be slightly switched for that small head of yours it seems. "Tactics", wow... I've always perceived the pressure put over obisidian to make their versions or spin-offs odd, but their games always resulted in being better and with more depth than the originals, oddly enough they never got hired to do more games by those big devs, I assume it's jealousy, I could be wrong, obviously. Than again seeing how you were unable to interpret what I was saying in the first place (and failing to control my urge to try and paint it for dummies), I should just ignore your reply, for you are probably unable to understand anything I'm saying, otherwise your reply would've been very different than what it was. I digress, have a good one, not going to feed your lunacy.

Its still to date a 9th wonder of the gamers world.

Complain about the game they are a part in....but remain the entire time. Every game we participate in have them. Its a mentality we'll never be able to explain.

Its clearly a case of fomo syndrome....in my opinion only.

We complain when we care, when we don't care we say nothing, we simply carry on. The problem here is your own ignorance towards why people do things.

Apathy translates into not caring, basically, it's a important notion to understand, for it may help you even in your personal relationships, if the person complains about you means they care, if they don't means they don't give a rat's *** about you (that in your face, to you). The only other way for someone to complain about something when they dislike the thing is if the thing is getting in their way intrusively, like annoying people getting into your forum thread like flies over food on the table. Comes with the territory I guess, after all I was the one who decided to expose my thoughts into a public social network space, innit?

PS: The 3rd option of complaint is the behind the back one, which translates into the person complaining having serious self-esteem issues, so they try to undermine others they may find are perceived as better in their social circles, they do that due to the illusion that if they manage to take away the other person's shine, they'll shine brighter themselves. Not true at all, and if they do that kind of gossip to more mature people, they actually paint themselves as rubbish to them.

Edited by xdjinn

I have known many people complain about many MMOs across all the MMOs I have played nothing ever changes with them. They always find something to complain about in every game they come across. Yes you are paying to play a game nobody is forcing you to pay to play the game sure it opens up more things than you would have if you did not obviously. Not really the point but pretty sure the devs will never cater to your antics because you are a fair weather fan that will jump ship when they do not get what they want. Sure there is somethings you said that I agree upon but mostly just another complainer trying to get attention from others. People will always find something to complain about regardless. If you are on the verge of unsubbing and quitting there is nothing the devs can do at this point to convince you otherwise and you know that. Now if you are wanting to stay and trying to be talked into staying so you are complaining to get devs to do something thats pretty low. Simple as can be if you want to stay, stay if you want are seriously on the verge of quitting you will quit regardless of what happens with the game.

As for other MMOs a lot of MMOs have had these same issues over the years that didnt get fixed or altered way people thought they should be altered and remain that way still to this day even going to back to FFXI (grainy graphics and had to be grouped up at all to lvl past 13 and when you died you would lose experience to the point you could de-level instead of taking gear damage or to do any missions which means it was a complete party based MMO), WoW (has loads of issues over the yrs and will continue to have its own issues some created on purpose others where a result of coding in general as replacing codes or altering can break the entire game at times), GW/GW2 (lack of endgame at all in gw2 for a long time not sure if it still lacks because haven't played in a while but that was the biggest issue), DCUO, LOTRO (pretty much a 1 for 1 WoW copy didn't even try to hide it early on), runescape, Rift, SWG (even had its own issues not perfect by any means). I could go on with even more MMOs but those are my examples of games with clear flaws in their games that I am using. Playing MMOs you either except things are not going to be perfect at times or ever in the game because of constant updates or things that are coded and if they fix that thing may break an entire another section of the game. Its the nature of the beast of any games. Sure there are some things that do need fixing any games and I get that but to assume they are going to fix something for a player that is on the verge quitting just because they are threatening to quit or unsub is deranged at the best of times. Companies may see what you post but they are not going to cater to your demands because you are not the masses of the population at most all they will do is take your thoughts under advisement and consider it.

By no means I saying swtor is not flawed either or defending Bioware/EA. I am saying that they will fix the flaws the masses (whom are likely going to stay) care about over the 1 or few that threaten to leave the game or unsub. Sure they would love to have your money but its cost versus effort and amount of work that has be put in. Companies every time will go with the path of least resistance and its not just Bioware/EA its every single company out there. Companies are in things to make money generally and as much as possible with spending as little as possible. So they can line their pockets. Your argument is hardly going to sway them or affect their pockets very much and if it the game would just be scrapped so. Thats the truth of the matter whether you agree or like it, it wont change how they approach things.

So, subjects cannot evolve nor be slightly switched for that small head of yours it seems. "Tactics", wow... I've always perceived the pressure put over obisidian to make their versions or spin-offs odd, but their games always resulted in being better and with more depth than the originals, oddly enough they never got hired to do more games by those big devs, I assume it's jealousy, I could be wrong, obviously. Than again seeing how you were unable to interpret what I was saying in the first place (and failing to control my urge to try and paint it for dummies), I should just ignore your reply, for you are probably unable to understand anything I'm saying, otherwise your reply would've been very different than what it was. I digress, have a good one, not going to feed your lunacy.

Sorry, I played NWN 2. Your assessment of Obsidian is flawed. The toolset made prettier areas, but that's about it. For myself, I found KotoR to be better than KotoR 2. Not that this means anything, Outerworlds was fun, but it didn't fire up my need to roll multiple alts and try different things. I only have 29 toons on my main server here, and 11 on the other. But all of this is subjective, meaning that different people are going to view it differently.

We complain when we care, when we don't care we say nothing, we simply carry on. The problem here is your own ignorance towards why people do things.

I see this argument a lot industry wide, across the MMOs I've played over the years, and it always falls flat. Why? Because when a gaming company does something I don't like, I pick up my pitchfork, and join everyone at the bonfire, for a short while, and then, I speak with my wallet. In the last year and a half, I've had this happen three times: an old Korean Grinder called Rappelz, where they started trying to insist that a pure DPS warrior class has always been a tank, despite having skills to ditch aggro instead of grab it; DDO spitting on 5 years of character development with changes to archery; and ESO. I even managed to get a refund on my sub in DDO.

Apathy translates into not caring, basically, it's a important notion to understand, for it may help you even in your personal relationships, if the person complains about you means they care, if they don't means they don't give a rat's *** about you (that in your face, to you). The only other way for someone to complain about something when they dislike the thing is if the thing is getting in their way intrusively, like annoying people getting into your forum thread like flies over food on the table. Comes with the territory I guess, after all I was the one who decided to expose my thoughts into a public social network space, innit?

PS: The 3rd option of complaint is the behind the back one, which translates into the person complaining having serious self-esteem issues, so they try to undermine others they may find are perceived as better in their social circles, they do that due to the illusion that if they manage to take away the other person's shine, they'll shine brighter themselves. Not true at all, and if they do that kind of gossip to more mature people, they actually paint themselves as rubbish to them.

Then we get to the irony, right? "But I didn't get the achievement on the first try, so the whole game is broken", right? This is the premise with which this thread was opened, but I'm supposed to believe that it's "but we complain because we care"? I'm more inclined to run with your last paragraph, than anything else, with the irony being that it wouldn't have occurred to me, if you hadn't pointed it out.

Going back to the original post, I don't really have anything against what the OP says except to say, I wouldn't worry about BBA stuff. It's probably the worst "event" in the game -- if you can even call it that. Loading old craphole planets to find a random spawn trigger on the opposite side of the map from where you originally load in, is not my idea of fun.

as I've said, KOTOR 2 and NWN2 were both more successful than predecessors,

NWN2 had better story and features. However -- and sorry to cherry pick -- NWN1 had far far better arena pvp than nwn2 :p Not trying to argue, but I'm an avid (rabid?) fan of NWN1. Bastions of War forever!

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Going back to the original post, I don't really have anything against what the OP says except to say, I wouldn't worry about BBA stuff. It's probably the worst "event" in the game -- if you can even call it that. Loading old craphole planets to find a random spawn trigger on the opposite side of the map from where you originally load in, is not my idea of fun.

NWN2 had better story and features. However -- and sorry to cherry pick -- NWN1 had far far better arena pvp than nwn2 :p Not trying to argue, but I'm an avid (rabid?) fan of NWN1. Bastions of War forever!

=) Yeah, both games had incredibly good stuff, shame that they didn't merge the good of both into a new one.

As for BBA, sure, the event sucks, but the rewards remain the best among all regular events. Others that have decent rewards are the yearly ones. Rakghoul is okay-ish, the event itself is much more entertaining (albeit too limited imo), while Gree simply sucks in every aspect of it. SWTOR events, if weighted as a whole are all bad, either the rewards straight-out suck, or the event mechanics suck. Haven't seen any that scores positive on both stances. My pet-peeve with the game remains the same though: Weekly Rep Limits. That thing is just ridiculous, makes it impossible to time-manage play-time to combine all dailies you may want to do, plus farming you need to do. At farming downtime I should be able to progress the dailies as fast as I want, do I have only the weekend free? Awesome, 12h straight into rep farming, otherwise it becomes inventory management nightmare (I have rep tokens sitting in alts that I never remember to pop...)

I've, at this point, maxed out Rep with BBA, same for other planets, but am facing a nightmare with Oricon which due to having just 12k weekly rep cap, I'll be forced to grind it for 3 weeks to reach Legend, it's ridiculous, extremely off-putting, in fact so off-putting that I'll probably not grind it at all.... It even took my desire to play today, I mean, not just that obviously, but the combo of doing Onderon dailies (annoying traveling) + Mek-Sha (annoying sleep inducing quests). The rep cap just made the game feel like a chore, in fact this feeling comes up quite constantly and it's one of the reasons why I'm questioning if I should stick to the game or not. Idk if my idea is good, have severe doubts about it, but I believe that being able to play whatever I feel like playing and progressing with whatever I feel like progressing would do wonders instead of this. Some content is more enjoyable, but less rewarding, other content is boring AF but you need to do it to progress, so on so forth. It's a weird idea, but I think it would mostly work? Idk.

Edited by xdjinn