Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Arcann and Senya must die for the good of the Story

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Why Arcann and Senya must die for the good of the Story

josephinec
10.22.2016 , 04:23 PM | #11
I don't begrudge Senya for being a mom and trying to straighten out her son. Honestly, though, the only reason my main, light side Warrior let Arcann leave at the end of Chapter 16 was because he was under Senya's protection. If it had been Knights, he would have been toast.

I don't Senya should necessarily be executed, unless she's endangered the Alliance other than saving her son(i.e., pulling a Kaliyo on us, and she doesn't seem like that at all).

Arcann will have to make a good argument for his redemption. Still, it could always be a punishment like "you have to go help refugees" or something similar.

For Vaylin, she would have to agree to healing, probably from the Voss or the Jedi.

Keep in mind in other parts of the pre KOTFE story
Spoiler
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

casirabit
10.22.2016 , 04:35 PM | #12
If you want to kill them your choice but I would rather chose what my characters would do based on my characters actions and not based on what you would do.

My jedi would not kill them without talking to them and most likely would not kill either of them if there was a chance to redeem them.

I get the reason why some want to but give other players the same respect and don't say they have to die for the good of the story just because you want them dead.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

SithKoriandr
10.22.2016 , 11:49 PM | #13
Only gotten through that with my Counselor and the Knight I made only for the DvL. Both let them live. Not sure what my others will do yet, though my Inquisitor will likely not fire on the ship either, the other just may.

I figure my Counselor (my main) knew going in Senya was most importantly, Arcann's mother. Just like with how she couldn't take down Vaylin, she wasn't going to take down Arcann.

Typical parent fiction (and RL really) "My murderous child is precious to me and the world!" Only difference is, in fiction it plays a little better than in RL where you want to slap the parent even more
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

dcaleb
10.23.2016 , 12:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by fovzwk View Post
*cough* Releasing the world razor for some cheap green pants *cough*
*cough* Destroying Makeb to spite the Archon *cough*
*cough* Approving of the use of that Balmorran superweapon which if used would turn Balmorra into a lifeless wasteland*cough*
*cough* Betraying the Voss mystic and siding with Sel Makor, the evil entity that wants to devour all life on Voss, instead*cough*
And of course the crime only the worst of beings yould commit: killing 100 Jawas while partying with the party Jawa.
Wait, who can destroy Makeb to spite some fat slug? It has been forever since I did Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

thebumpkin
10.23.2016 , 01:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by dcaleb View Post
Wait, who can destroy Makeb to spite some fat slug? It has been forever since I did Rise of the Hutt Cartel.
In the Imperial story, at the end, your character gets the option to cause groundquakes at regulator locations killing the Hutt forces en masse. You don't destroy the ENTIRE planet but you can wipe out a few mesas for definate. Of course you also have the option NOT to do this, but I think most Dark Siders will take the option to wreck a few Regulator occupied mesas.
"I love killing Cultists. Makes me feel like I'm tidying up the Galaxy. - Bounty Hunter, Hoth main planetary story.
"I thought the interrogation we faced on Manaan was severe. Darth Marr made that little session seem like a picnic! - C2D4, Shadow of Revan Post Darkside choice.

thebumpkin
10.23.2016 , 09:20 AM | #16
My issue with this whole redemption idea is when do we say enough is enough? Where exactly do we draw the line and say this is it, no further?

SCORPIO betrayed us and nearly got everybody killed as a result of her games, I don't see anybody calling for her redemption so why does SCORPIO not deserve redemption and Arcann does?

Furthermore, I can see Senya's conundrum, she's a mother and parents are sometimes good at turning blind eyes to the sins of their offspring, but even here, there has to be a line. Senya may be able to forgive Arcann killing all the Scions, killing half the knights, killing 5 planets, trying to kill his own father, strangleholding the Galaxy towards rack and ruin... But I can't understand how she can forgive Arcann for killing Thexan? Thexan was her son, and Arcann killed his own brother and her son. "He didn't mean to" and "he was really sorry about that." Well... so what? The fact that he was prepared to kill his family in the first place just speaks what a worthless mass of carbon he is. Thexan was the one who stood by Arcann all those years and was loyal to him. Furthermore, Valkorion didn't seem to give a damn that Thexan got killed and Arcann was REWARDED for that by becoming next in line for the throne, which he took as soon as he possibly could.

Senya doesn't know where the line is far as I am concerned or she doesn't want to, Arcann has crossed every line there is. And Senya, in my opinion, and by the opinions of many others Im sure, by HELPING him to escape from you, is by default an accomplice to ALL his crimes. I can understand her not wanting him to be killed he's her son, but he needed to be locked up at the very least. Personally, I think he's too dangerous to live and he has proved this so many many times, he's the Emperor's son and the potential for Vitiate 2.0 is there... Vaylin the same.

So to me at least, Senya and Arcann have to pay. The slate may be wiped clean for Senya, but to my PC's the slate has just been added to and my "To do" list just got a bit bigger.

I know there are arguments about what the Imp characters have done, which are pretty atrocious but we'll never know how the Republic may have tried to bring you down, death, capture etc... because the class stories were discontinued. Would have been nice to see if the Wrath had got captured or, Nox was the subject of an assassination attempt etc...
"I love killing Cultists. Makes me feel like I'm tidying up the Galaxy. - Bounty Hunter, Hoth main planetary story.
"I thought the interrogation we faced on Manaan was severe. Darth Marr made that little session seem like a picnic! - C2D4, Shadow of Revan Post Darkside choice.

Nefla
10.23.2016 , 03:56 PM | #17
That bothered me as well OP! In addition what burns my biscuits is that I can understand why Senya wouldn't allow you to kill her son even after all he has done because she is acting on that irrational and unbreakable "mother's love" but the fact that she won't even allow us to IMPRISON Arcann blows my mind. He is even worse than his father when it comes to war crimes, he's oppressed and killed his OWN people, forced his OWN knights to kill each other, killed his OWN brother and potentially his father, and bombed not one but five worlds to dust and Senya just wants to take him on vacation and tell him not to be a bad little boy anymore? *** he is a huge danger to the galaxy and whether dead or imprisoned can NOT be allowed to run around free!

Codedrago
10.23.2016 , 05:28 PM | #18
For my character, it all depends on how he is when we're trying to decide if he lives or dies. If Arcann is still the same enraged, arrogant, child still trying to please daddy - To the saber he falls. But if he is legitimatly apauled by what he's done, co-operates and wants to realise the error of his ways. Yeah, I could use the spawn of Vitiate as an ally while he seeks to atone for his actions by saving everybody else.

And yeah, this is basically Darth Vader all over again. Just wait until you get Arcann to Tatooine
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

---AlterEgo---
10.23.2016 , 06:18 PM | #19
I can only imagine people who hate Arcann will be mad when they see a bunch of people running around with him as a companion when the expansion drops.

A post on the DevTracker said that Arcann will be a companion in the upcoming 5.0, but ONLY if you chose to not attack him in any of your previous interactions in the KotFE story.

From former emperor of a vast empire to a mere sidekick companion... that's kind of humiliating in a way.

dcaleb
10.24.2016 , 02:52 AM | #20
Quote:
Furthermore, I can see Senya's conundrum, she's a mother and parents are sometimes good at turning blind eyes to the sins of their offspring, but even here, there has to be a line. Senya may be able to forgive Arcann killing all the Scions, killing half the knights, killing 5 planets, trying to kill his own father, strangleholding the Galaxy towards rack and ruin... But I can't understand how she can forgive Arcann for killing Thexan? Thexan was her son, and Arcann killed his own brother and her son. "He didn't mean to" and "he was really sorry about that." Well... so what? The fact that he was prepared to kill his family in the first place just speaks what a worthless mass of carbon he is. Thexan was the one who stood by Arcann all those years and was loyal to him. Furthermore, Valkorion didn't seem to give a damn that Thexan got killed and Arcann was REWARDED for that by becoming next in line for the throne, which he took as soon as he possibly could.
In fairness, Thexan got killed when he got in the way of Arcann attacking someone else who totally had it coming (Valkorion) and wasn't his actual target. Unlike all those innocent civilians and loyal Knights who were punished for failures they couldn't have possibly prevented thanks to being stationed at completely different places.