Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Arcann and Senya must die for the good of the Story

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Why Arcann and Senya must die for the good of the Story

SteveTheCynic
03.22.2021 , 06:40 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittie View Post
You wake up one day from cryo stasis in a new empire, with a new emperor who has somehow managed to create a new empire which puts the Jedi Republic and Sith Empire COMBINED to shame all while neither faction even knowing this was happening under their noses. Barely believable, but OK, Ill play along. I enjoyed the game a lot up till now so lets give it some leeway.
You didn't pay as much attention to the story as you should have. *Valkorion*(1) built up Zakuul's Eternal Empire up well before your character begins the carbonite nap. Arcann's involvement *as*emperor* begins at almost the same moment as your stay in carbonite.

The original *person* called Valkorion wasn't anything to do with the Sith Emperor, but just a warlord in an early version of Zakuul (ref: KotET Chapter II, talking to Valkorion), appropriated centuries before the player's journey begins by Tenebrae / Vitiate, producing the composite entity I usually call TVV..

As for hiding an empire, well, galaxies is big, and there's plenty of room at cross-galaxy distances to hide an empire from another, especially if the said "other" is busy fighting a third "empire". Heck, the only reason the Zak forces knew where to find the Pubs and the Imps was because TVV was running both the Zak side and the Imp side...

(1) Don't forget that:
Spoiler
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Willjb
03.24.2021 , 10:51 AM | #32
-1 Absolutely No: Arcann is doing fantastic as a #1 best companion, ever.

+1: Let Arcann live and live well by letting him change his appearance with CM armor and give him his own bonus chapter.

Hadsil
03.24.2021 , 03:16 PM | #33
Spoiler for the follow-up story.

Spoiler

vallixas
04.19.2021 , 06:50 PM | #34
Nah, Senya must live for the GOOD of the story. I'm sorry, but having Lana be the default for everything just because everyone else is dead, is a boring experience, and a boring alliance, very boring.

rashencyberspeed
04.19.2021 , 10:35 PM | #35
Are people seriously still arguing about this? I thought people lightened up after KOTET came around and allowed everyone to enact their ideal fates (whether that be redemption or death) for Arcaan.

eabevella
04.19.2021 , 11:34 PM | #36
I wish Senya and Arcann are not a pack deal.
Most of my character will kill Arcann but keep Senya.

Jaxterone
04.20.2021 , 02:07 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
Same here, I love Senya but Arcann didn't deserve redemption imo. Still shocked there are some peope who actually romanced him lmao. Imagine romancing someone who actively slaughtered millions and tried to harm all your friends.

rashencyberspeed
04.20.2021 , 02:37 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxterone View Post
Same here, I love Senya but Arcann didn't deserve redemption imo. Still shocked there are some peope who actually romanced him lmao. Imagine romancing someone who actively slaughtered millions and tried to harm all your friends.
Parents love their kids and want to help them. (Well, they should.)

Senya would be a lousy parent if she shared your belief that her son deserved death over redemption. It's not even remotely surprising that Senya won't join someone who feels Arcaan shouldn't be redeemed simply because he "doesn't deserve it."

EAFSAMWISE
04.20.2021 , 09:21 PM | #39
It'd be a bit more tolerable if 1) Arcann wasn't constantly groveling and needy after I saved him and 2) I could customize him so his cybernetics don't appear and possibly I could give him different gear. It looks a bit weird that he's still dressed as an Emperor, was hoping to just give him a Jedi robe or something to show his redemption