advice on healers

Zombiekittz

hi .

can anyone suggest which is the easier healing class to to learn? mostly for pve but with some pvp as well, what with the season missions and all pushing me into it I want to focus on the one character since I don't have the time for more then one I have healed in other games and I do enjoy it even if I need to use mouse over macros and things like that . The healer I'm used to uses heal over time effect mainly but I am willing to learn to use different skills on this game.

Any advice would be appreciated, I am not looking to see what is strongest or weakest I don't care about that ,As long as it gets the job done I'm happy ,Ideally as I said I want to know what's easy to learn and doesn't feel bloated with skills

I'd say none of them feel particularly different in terms of the number of skills they have, at least for healing.

Scoundrel is the one that relies most on healing over time. You have SRMP, which stacks twice and which you can put on many different players.

You also have a smart 4-target heal over time, which deploys itself on your target and up to 3 other targets, with the most in-need getting priority.

You have an instant-cast that procs and refreshes your SRMP if present on the target (but only with 2 stacks!).

You have a large AoE heal that can heal up to 8 players, but it's channeled.

You have a channeled single-target heal that heals for not much, but is free to cast and even regenerates your energy.

And finally you have two different hard casts that heal a single-target for a decent amount.

As a bonus, scoundrel can use stealth. This can be used to drop out of combat and attempt to raise multiple dead players in the middle of a fight.

Scoundrel relies on two types of resource for healing and damage : energy (mana) and upper hand (a buff on your character). You build upper hand with some abilities and consume it with others, and must try to strike a balance to not run out and avoid exceeding the cap. Energy is fairly easy to manage as a healer, but you can burn yourself out in very tough situations.

Compared to the other 2, scoundrel excels at healing large groups, but suffers from a lack of "burst" healing to bring a tank back from a very bad spot.

TLDR : has HoTs, quite mobile, good aoe, not good burst, not hard to manage energy.

Commando is pretty straightfoward. You have 3 single-target heals : 1 short cast, 1 long cast, and 1 instant cast. The instant cast makes the long cast instant, while the short cast makes it more powerful.

You also have a free instant cast that doesn't heal for much but doesn't cost any energy and even build resources. You need to use it to conserve resources.

You have a big instant AoE heal grenade that is mostly healing over time and on a low cooldown.

You have a 4 target-heal that is hard to explain, every time it ticks it jumps to a different target, but it also ticks on the previous targets... it just works.

Commando also relies on two types of resources for healing and damage : ammo (mana) and supercharge (a buff on your character). You build stacks of supercharge with some of your abilities, and when you hit 10, you can convert them into energy and a temporary increase in your healing/damage ability.

Comando energy management is a bit harder than scoundrel, but not too difficult either.

Commando is very good at single-target burst, but also not bad at AoE.

TLDR : heals in bursts, many instant casts, somewhat mobile, strong overall

Sage is a bit more peculiar and mostly works with ability combos.

You have a shield bubble which absorbs damage taken by your target, this is extremely useful and powerful.

One of your abilities is a very unimpressive heal over time that buffs your next healing ability. It does something different for every one of them (increase healing, reduce the cost, make instant cast... and other things), so you need to know what it does to get the most out of it.

You have 3 single target heals : a long cast, a short cast and a channeled cast. The channeled cast is important for energy management.

You have a 4-target healing ability that jumps from target to target when they take damage, or instantly if buffed. It is smart and can bounce back to the same target multiple times if needed, so it's like an AoE but also not. One of the best abilities of the class.

Finally your big AoE is a static puddle that you lay on the ground and puts healing over time to the first 8 players who come close to it.

Sage only really has 1 resource to manage : force (mana), but it has the hardest time managing it of all 3 healers.

Overall sage is quite strong on single-targets, especially with its ability to prevent damage, but multi-target healing causes energy management problems if prolonged. Also having multiple sages in the same group causes them to lose effectiveness, because the bubbles don't stack.

TLDR : bubbles good, aoe meh, somewhat mobile, actual resource management involved in long fights.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

hi .

can anyone suggest which is the easier healing class to to learn? mostly for pve but with some pvp as well, what with the season missions and all pushing me into it I want to focus on the one character since I don't have the time for more then one I have healed in other games and I do enjoy it even if I need to use mouse over macros and things like that . The healer I'm used to uses heal over time effect mainly but I am willing to learn to use different skills on this game.

Any advice would be appreciated, I am not looking to see what is strongest or weakest I don't care about that ,As long as it gets the job done I'm happy ,Ideally as I said I want to know what's easy to learn and doesn't feel bloated with skills

Hello,

If you are used to being a druid in wow, then operative is the way to go.

Great hots, stealth and very strong offensive power (nothing worse than a mob being low health as a healer getting to wail on someone). Downsides are weakest burst healing, energy (the resource) is toughest to manage.

Sorc is a priest in wow, mostly disc and even has a heal on damage set bonus + tactical. Great burst, easy to manage resource but your aoe healing is less targeted than most (random bouncing).

Mercs, based on holy paladins, are the tank healers in this game because their resource is pretty infinite. Their aoe isn't great and they are slow versus other healers so moving out of stuff takes longer.

I'd suggest sorc is the hardest healer to learn and merc the easiest, but operative requires a more proactive than reactive approach due to hots.