Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sargrith
02.03.2017 , 11:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Nothing in this addresses RNG gear or the quality of the boxes Eric...
...speeding up rng still leaves it broken....just faster.

They didn't hear a word about how increasing the speed alone wouldn't fix a thing.

AscendingSky
02.03.2017 , 11:19 AM | #12
You even said in one of your posts that you guys were looking at the contents of the crates... and yet nothing.

It has been explained many times how the RNG nature and terrible drop rates of the crates is the core problem which causes all the others. Why are the devs willfully ignoring this fact?
#FixStrongholds
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

DarthDymond
02.03.2017 , 11:21 AM | #13
Thanks for the info Eric - what is happening with the weekly CXP cap in light of these changes?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

BelenUmeria
02.03.2017 , 11:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
...speeding up rng still leaves it broken....just faster.

They didn't hear a word about how increasing the speed alone wouldn't fix a thing.
They heard it. They did not listen. When the Devs tell you how exciting RNG is with a straight face, there is no way they will change it.

Honestly, I will lay a bet that person who came up with Galactic Command has their career on the line for it. They will not admit that it is terrible and will not change the RNG.

I am almost happy that they developed it though. I was having a lot of trouble admitting to myself that SWTOR and I needed to part ways. Galactic Command made it much easier to say goodbye by killing my remaining joy in the game and forcing me to watch my guild members move to other games.

Voblat
02.03.2017 , 11:24 AM | #15
Sorry, this does nothing to fix the underlying problem.

If you can go 40+ boxes opened with no useful pieces, as many of us have, whether those boxes come in 10 or 5 hours makes no difference. It still sucks either way and actively discourages people from playing.

Also, please remember that you are talking to SUBSCRIBERS that pay a monthly fee. Including additional paid boosts in all your calculations as if we are expected to pay even more every month to fix your problem is downright insulting.

I'm not an idiot, don't try and take me for one. In fact, that attitude of implicit deceit is worse than the system itself.

Kalli
02.03.2017 , 11:25 AM | #16
Ok, so what about adding in the unassembled components to the pve activities in the command screen as well? Why was this part skipped over when so many have asked why they remain restricted to pvp and ops only?

Phearz
02.03.2017 , 11:26 AM | #17
thats pretty cool news eric!

are we going to see missing skins return in the near future like the old centurion pvp gear for sith inqusitors? you already gave us back the jedi version of the inquisitor gear and i am very grateful. looking forward to hearing good news

thanks in advance

TUXs
02.03.2017 , 11:29 AM | #18
I'm curious...how does a player get new boxes once they hit 300? Do you still get them?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Trlance
02.03.2017 , 11:30 AM | #19
Quote:
It has been explained many times how the RNG nature and terrible drop rates of the crates is the core problem which causes all the others.
- that hard keep getting Unassembled Components with Command Tokens and just get piece of gear what you want from vendor? Guess .. yes. RNG is only helping matter.

cyrusramsey
02.03.2017 , 11:31 AM | #20
This news does not make me excited. I guess these changes to GC make a for me completely broken system playable. I would probably not have unsubbed or uninstalled if GC started out like that. Not sure yet if it's enough to get me back.