Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update Terror from Beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update Terror from Beyond
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jholiday
09.02.2012 , 02:43 PM | #151
Does B/w understand that when they only release 2 modes (Story and Hard) that it screws up progression.
They either need to tune Story Mode to require Black Hole or Campaign (which kinda defeats the name Story Mode
OR they need to release all 3 versions of the zone @ once.

Story Mode = Requires- Rakata and Drops-Black Hole
Hard Mode = Requires- Campaign and Drops-New set off last 2 bosses
Nightmare = Requires Well itemized and Augmented Campaign Drops New set and loose BOP modifications, 2 Titles (Completion and Timed run) Legendary weapon materials from last boss.

That's how I think it should be.

Also at this point shouldn't we be getting end game Legendary opprotunites?
You stack em up, I burn em down !

alifaraaz
09.02.2012 , 04:33 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Jholiday View Post
Does B/w understand that when they only release 2 modes (Story and Hard) that it screws up progression.
They either need to tune Story Mode to require Black Hole or Campaign (which kinda defeats the name Story Mode
OR they need to release all 3 versions of the zone @ once.

Story Mode = Requires- Rakata and Drops-Black Hole
Hard Mode = Requires- Campaign and Drops-New set off last 2 bosses
Nightmare = Requires Well itemized and Augmented Campaign Drops New set and loose BOP modifications, 2 Titles (Completion and Timed run) Legendary weapon materials from last boss.

That's how I think it should be.

Also at this point shouldn't we be getting end game Legendary opprotunites?
Their aim with the new Nightmare modes is pretty interesting imo, I'm keen to find out how it works out. It could end up being pretty awesome if they can produce enough of a challenge out of it.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

JushleHutt
09.03.2012 , 10:49 AM | #153
It's good to see that there will be other mobs that robots !

Kazjan
09.03.2012 , 01:48 PM | #154
Nice that you bring out more content but I think you should really start focusing on the things that actually matter like why we don't have chat bubbles. Maybe 1.5 can be a social update and fix things like the crafting system/ emote animation, Being able to sit in chairs, Dye kit to be able to change the color of the armor to what we want and not the that ugly color scale you have inputted.

interus
09.03.2012 , 04:24 PM | #155
Hk-47 comes to mind, he's never really happy to see any meat bag.....
"The urge to kill one's superior is intrinsic to the nature of our enterprise. My unassailable strength gives rise to your envy; my wisdom fuels your desire, my achievements incite your craving. So it has been for 1,000 years, so it must endure till i have guided you to parity". ( Darth Plagueis to Darth Sidious)

alifaraaz
09.03.2012 , 07:16 PM | #156
So will this be hitting the PTS this week or not? Do let us know!
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Mavery
09.03.2012 , 08:50 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
So will this be hitting the PTS this week or not? Do let us know!
This information would be very beneficial. If it's not released this week, it won't get a 3 week testing period on PTS andrelease in September.

axmarcusxa
09.03.2012 , 09:15 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
This information would be very beneficial. If it's not released this week, it won't get a 3 week testing period on PTS andrelease in September.
I wouldn't be surprised if they ninja released it to the PTS this week or next.

If memory serves me correctly, they didnt give prior notice before putting 1.2 or 1.3 on the PTS. They merely announced it after the patches were put up for testing.

lorddahl
09.04.2012 , 02:38 AM | #159
I hope it hits them soon getting tired of denova

dscount
09.04.2012 , 03:18 PM | #160
Quote:
It's balanced for Columi and drops Rakata, but will also speed up the acquisition of Black Hole gear.
If EC SM and LI HM are designed for Columi gear then its safe to say that the DEV Team has actually RUN it with a team all geared in Columi only? I'm sure someone has done the math equation, but not the red face "reality" test on this one. Specifically how you put out enough DPS to down each boss in time. I'd love to see that video if you have.

I have to say most the folks running EC SM are geared in Rakata or better, so either complexity is wrong or math around the gear is really off by Bioware. I suspect the same will be true for the new OP.

I agree the BH Comm Drops should increase in Terror from Beyond. (Plus some of whatever to obtain the next level of gear if different comms).
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics