Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update Terror from Beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update Terror from Beyond
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ancksunamur
09.04.2012 , 03:59 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
If EC SM and LI HM are designed for Columi gear then its safe to say that the DEV Team has actually RUN it with a team all geared in Columi only? I'm sure someone has done the math equation, but not the red face "reality" test on this one. Specifically how you put out enough DPS to down each boss in time. I'd love to see that video if you have.

I have to say most the folks running EC SM are geared in Rakata or better, so either complexity is wrong or math around the gear is really off by Bioware. I suspect the same will be true for the new OP.
Being in a guild that give a TON of people a shot, people in EC SM in rakata are out gearing it. Toth and Zorn without a fearful that hurts, is a joke and a tank swap. Tanks lol as a Powertech, I face tanked firebrand long before I was even full rakata, and maybe popped a cool down. Minefield is fun and I like it but is a joke with out overload. Kephaas lol we had 5 sec between the death of adds and the next set, and now a days that phase seems to take forever waiting on them to spawn at their 2 other spots. But most dps I find can't pull more then 1100 dps which is not really ideal for that gear and content.
Now this is not ment to insult you but check your gear, the default Rakata/BH/Camp is not ideal stats, some pieces are but most aren't, you have to pull mod and enhancements out which sucks cause it cost more money, but allows you to optimize your gear. And gives you your ideal damage. You also have to be comfortable with your spec and know how to play it. If i meet 1 more hybrid sorc that uses chain lighting on a solo mob, or Arsenal spec Merc using power shot, or PT Tank not using oil (the best tanking cool down in the game). I may have to go Jay and Silent Bob on them

Jakobpoop
09.05.2012 , 09:45 AM | #162
eta on when it'll be on pts? Please respond, thank you.
Also if you don't have an answar, say so.

Daegun
09.06.2012 , 10:18 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakobpoop View Post
eta on when it'll be on pts? Please respond, thank you.
Also if you don't have an answar, say so.
Exactly, I mean i think I have asked 3-4 times on this forum thread of when we can expect it on the PTS.
So, hey Bioware how about a reply!!!
Allissa Milano the sexy Commando
Republic Gentlemen
Jedi Covenant Server

minticedtea
09.06.2012 , 10:35 AM | #164
It is obvious that we are unaware now as to the date exactly when 1.4 will be released, whether you are talking about the PTS or when it hits live servers. It can be skepticized that it will release around the date of September 25th (When MoP hits). I, and the rest of my guild, to be honest cannot wait for this to hit, as we have been doing HM EC for far far too long. It sucks that SM TFB will be dropping simply rakata and possible BH, because when new content releases, it is stupid for only the HM to contain the gear that you wish to recieve. Maybe I am coming from a perspective that is not seen by others because I am a hardcore raider. But if TFB is NOT as hard as they are claiming it is, or will be, even with the up and coming F2P option, this game will bomb.
Sorc healer - Minticedtea
Op healer - Snuffaluffagus
Merc healer - Scubasteeve

Jeremiahlove
09.06.2012 , 04:00 PM | #165
I promised my Self I'll not gona Play MOP cuz I like this game so much and HOW I'm w8ting this OPS. but after I read ur Posts in this thread. I'm trying to Update WOW now. I skipped Ops cuz I'm Sick and tired to do the same thing. and if u want a new Set Tier try to ask first for new set bounce. 2 tiers with the same thing. even the Ops after this we can use cloumi and Rakata for story mode... and the new ops well be in the 2nd quarter of 2013

Feame
09.07.2012 , 12:12 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
"One of the problems of other MMOs combat is that you often have scenarios where you have multiple heroes beating on a single enemy. That just isn't very heroic." -- James Ohlen, Game Director, Bioware
I remember reading that as well. I was so excited to think SWTOR was gonna be different.

My excitement has been eclipsed by my disappointment in BOSS fights that are still the same-o/same-o.
is looking for Republic Loyalists and Sympathizers.

TorJ
09.07.2012 , 03:37 AM | #167
They have to set Patch 1.4 up next week (from 10.sept) on PTS if they are going to make the deadline from what the General Manager of swtor said on Gamecoms 2012.

ancksunamur
09.07.2012 , 07:53 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by TorJ View Post
They have to set Patch 1.4 up next week (from 10.sept) on PTS if they are going to make the deadline from what the General Manager of swtor said on Gamecoms 2012.
I love your optimism man I really do. I'll be surprised to see it b4 October since they'll release it after free to play

Krewel
09.08.2012 , 10:05 AM | #169
I sincerely hope they're putting at least the PTS up before MoP. Bioware's denial of fierce competition is getting beyond ludicrious.

jarjarloves
09.09.2012 , 09:45 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
so was the nightmare explosive conflict scrapped?
because you mysteriously don't mention it and about 2 weeks ago you were saying that it was not.
I am willing to bet they are saving it for the level cap increase so they can have people still running it.

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"