The option to lock out arenas

Beeteel

The balance issues in this game are massive. Now I dont really care but when you squeeze a 4v4 into an arena it becomes somewhat abusive. I either sub in this game or I dont play at all and if I cant find any fun in pvp Id probably just move on. Im a casual in this game aswell so I dont really care about ranked. Qs in regs are short though. I bet there would be alot of ppl open to slightly longer Qtimes for the option to actually choose.

The balance issues in this game are massive. Now I dont really care but when you squeeze a 4v4 into an arena it becomes somewhat abusive. I either sub in this game or I dont play at all and if I cant find any fun in pvp Id probably just move on. Im a casual in this game aswell so I dont really care about ranked. Qs in regs are short though. I bet there would be alot of ppl open to slightly longer Qtimes for the option to actually choose.

Careful, you're gonna get the 3 people on this forum who loooove arenas after you rabidly defending the worst mistake EA made in the game.

Careful, you're gonna get the 3 people on this forum who loooove arenas after you rabidly defending the worst mistake EA made in the game.

I don't mind the complaining. It's the buzzkill subscription cancellation threats that I find odious. Either do it or don't, but don't bring us low while about your business.

I don't mind the complaining. It's the buzzkill subscription cancellation threats that I find odious. Either do it or don't, but don't bring us low while about your business.

I mean this is the actual reason as to why I have quit the game a few times before. I cant imagine that I am alone. Kind of a valid point I think. I dont for one second think random forum dwellers care about my feelings.

1. Arenas are awesome. It's obviously fine to prefer warzones, but people that actively dislike arenas clearly have issues. The only legitimate gripe I can think of is that arenas are often poorly balanced in regs, with frequently mismatched roles, etc.

2. They're adding some form of map selection in the future, which will hopefully include a way to choose between arenas and warzones.

I mean this is the actual reason as to why I have quit the game a few times before. I cant imagine that I am alone. Kind of a valid point I think. I dont for one second think random forum dwellers care about my feelings.

Yeah, it's frustrating. It is difficult to discern someone who just likes to complain from someone who may be crestfallen over game flaws. To be fair to you, I did not read your objection to arenas as closely as I ought to have done. There was nothing wrong with it. I was feeling a bit low and...well, you have my impolite response.

I do care. Sadly, I do not know what there is to be done about it because we do not have the population to support it. The arenas are there when the population in queue is low. You'd be willing to wait longer, but some would not. So...it's a balancing problem that happens. Please one person, and another is upset.

If it bothers you that much, give yourself a few days off. It usually works for me...not always, but often enough.

1. Arenas are awesome. It's obviously fine to prefer warzones, but people that actively dislike arenas clearly have issues. The only legitimate gripe I can think of is that arenas are often poorly balanced in regs, with frequently mismatched roles, etc.

2. They're adding some form of map selection in the future, which will hopefully include a way to choose between arenas and warzones.

1. If arenas were awesome this game wouldn't constantly be relying on a dwindling playerbase for pvp. Pvp would be robust and healthy. Its not. Arenas also aren't poorly balanced in regs..they're poorly balanced by their very nature, which is why you see constant complaints about operatives. The format favors stealth/burst combos. In order to appeal to that playstyle they're now *********** with guard, which i'll add worked FINE in pvp prior to arenas. As for the issues? yeah, the issue is that arenas were poison for the pvp community in this game and literally everything people warned would come to pass has come full circle with your second point.

1. If arenas were awesome this game wouldn't constantly be relying on a dwindling playerbase for pvp. Pvp would be robust and healthy. Its not.

Solo ranked on SF is as robust and healthy as it's been in years. You have no evidence that the pvp playerbase is "dwindling."

Arenas also aren't poorly balanced in regs..they're poorly balanced by their very nature, which is why you see constant complaints about operatives. The format favors stealth/burst combos. In order to appeal to that playstyle they're now *********** with guard, which i'll add worked FINE in pvp prior to arenas. As for the issues? yeah, the issue is that arenas were poison for the pvp community in this game and literally everything people warned would come to pass has come full circle with your second point.

Actual nonsense. It was a stealth meta at the start of 6.0, and while ops and sins are still good, they are no longer dominating. AP pts and lightning sorcs are also very good. Not to mention, the guard changes hurt sins the most, so I fail to see how it caters to stealthers in any way shape or form.

Guard used to be tied to stances, so comparing guard from before arenas were introduced to now is facile.

Arenas are poison for the pvp community? What did people warn would come to pass? I swear to god, just when I think your posts can't make less sense, you keep lowering the bar.

Why can't you just admit that you're bad at arenas and want them removed to preserve your ego? Then we can all move on with our lives.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

You might not realise, but the queue only reverts to arenas when there aren’t enough people in the queue to make 8v8 matches viable.

Without the queue doing this, you would indeed be getting longer pop times out to many hours (depending on what time you play).

So if you are getting multiple arena and don’t want to play them, just stop queuing for a bit and hope more people join or you can leave the match when you pop because the 15 min lockout will have minimal affect on you if only arena is popping due to low numbers.

You might not realise, but the queue only reverts to arenas when there aren’t enough people in the queue to make 8v8 matches viable.

Without the queue doing this, you would indeed be getting longer pop times out to many hours (depending on what time you play).

So if you are getting multiple arena and don’t want to play them, just stop queuing for a bit and hope more people join or you can leave the match when you pop because the 15 min lockout will have minimal affect on you if only arena is popping due to low numbers.

except for all those times they have multiple arenas running

except for all those times they have multiple arenas running

Yes, you might have 2 arena running because there is a cut off where it determines there aren’t enough players to consistently spawn 8v8. Which doesn’t negate anything that I said.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Atm pvp pops a reg within a minute for me. Id happily wait 4 times that for the option to shut arenas out.

To each their own. While I respect your opinion, I, personally, like getting the arena matches while queuing for regs. They quick and normally pretty easy. For a player who tries to complete multiple weeklies, the arena matches are great.

To each their own. While I respect your opinion, I, personally, like getting the arena matches while queuing for regs. They quick and normally pretty easy. For a player who tries to complete multiple weeklies, the arena matches are great.

Not saying that they should be removed. Theyd probably still be popping quickly for ppl not locking them out.

Atm pvp pops a reg within a minute for me. Id happily wait 4 times that for the option to shut arenas out.

And what happens to the rest of us who currently wait 10-20mins for pops at the times we play? You know this game has other players than just those who play in your time bracket

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I only like arenas when

a) I'm short of time

and

b) when we win.

Most of the time it pops, my head drops and I think this is going to be painful - again.

Now with the lockout, it's the game's way of telling me to have a break or log off for the night.

Separate queues, yes please. I'm sure most of us can find something to do in the time between matches.

However, it's on the studio to come up with ideas to increase populations of people who wanna PVP 24/7.

I've recruited dozens into PVP - I think most of them have left now, coz they got bored with the same old PVP BS.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

And what happens to the rest of us who currently wait 10-20mins for pops at the times we play? You know this game has other players than just those who play in your time bracket

You guys do an awful lot of assuming you're a majority for a group of people that probably don't manage to make up half a percent of the game population

Dont know the state of ranked but in regs... no you are not waiting for 10-20 mins

Dont know the state of ranked but in regs... no you are not waiting for 10-20 mins

How are the queue pops for 8v8 at different times? Asking cos i'm currently in UTC +8. The 8v8s are the only reason i came back to the game. I just don't get the same entertainment from arenas.

It's been only arenas so far the times I play.

Edited by forumname

You guys do an awful lot of assuming you're a majority for a group of people that probably don't manage to make up half a percent of the game population

No one should be abused in a game. The game is made for fun. No one is arguing that the abuse is acceptable, appropriate, or that it does not happen. Instead of offering constructive solutions, you're advocating for the abolition of 4v4 competition. That savors rather suspiciously of bitterness.

No one should be abused in a game. The game is made for fun. No one is arguing that the abuse is acceptable, appropriate, or that it does not happen. Instead of offering constructive solutions, you're advocating for the abolition of 4v4 competition. That savors rather suspiciously of bitterness.

No, im advocating for the abolition of SOLO RANKED as a part of a series of necessary changes to the game to actually make pvp grow. Do half the work of finding like minded people anyone trying to run an operation has to do and if you're going to have a 4v4 arena based ranked format make it be group ranked.

No, im advocating for the abolition of SOLO RANKED as a part of a series of necessary changes to the game to actually make pvp grow. Do half the work of finding like minded people anyone trying to run an operation has to do and if you're going to have a 4v4 arena based ranked format make it be group ranked.

Which is as stupid now as it was when you first suggested it. You're the problem, not the game mode. Solo ranked is in great shape right now, and will be even better with the guard changes and vote kick removal.