Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolve bar rework

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Resolve bar rework

PVPsage
06.14.2022 , 03:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Skettitangles View Post
So let’s just recap at this point. The original post suggested reworking how resolve works to improve the baseline pvp experience for all players and the “arguments” against so far have been 1. It’s fine you’re playing badly, 2. Stuns were nerfed 3. BioWare have never changed resolve so they’ll never take on this suggestion 4. Because Fury Marauder.
Actually, I think you mistake what the purpose of our conversation was. We weren't arguing, the OP suggests activating the resolve bar fully after 1 hard stun and making it last 15s - and I feel pretty confident that's never going to happen.... and I'm trying to explain to you why. Not that there's much to explain.... anyone that plays SW:TOR PVP properly knows that DPS isn't the answer to everything. Ranked is evidence of that, where Tank and Healer games can last forever regardless of even, the calibre of the player. Its in these scenarios you begin to see why stuns are a necessity and how its actually, pretty evenly balanced. Changing resolve even slightly, even going down 1 cc to whitebar / adjusting roots to grant extra resolve - it would massively destroy the game for more players than it helps.

Firstly, slander is not a winning argument. We can move right on past that.
Yes it is. In my experience its basically what most arguments result in when they're one sided and the other person doesn't seem to grasp the point.

Secondly we have demonstrated that stuns were not nerfed and cc abilities are just as accessible and prevalent in the game.
Secondly, you've just demonstrated that you're bad at maths and you've never looked at the combat proficiencies screen. What's actually been demonstrated is that since the last update there has been a NET REDUCTION in the number of stuns. And we have also discussed how ability layouts make these ccs less accessible, which, newsflash, is working exactly as the devs intended it to work so they know all about that and you countermanding the point probably isn't doing much for you.

Thirdly, the resolve system has had several tweaks over years, I suggest you check the patch notes, so there is every reason to want to push this feedback into the Devs line of sight
This feedback is nonsense. As I give it more thought I'm willing to wager you're both playing regs and of course you're going to get spammed with debuffs its 8v8s. Although you are right, they do have a right to put it forward and I also, have a right to say its a load of nonsense and try and explain why.

and lastly why do you think Fury Mara is top of the current meta? How long are you going to keep pretending that the fact that the spec has the best offensive rotational cc immunity mechanism in the game is one of the prime reasons for its current status?
Im not sure what this quote says but Fury Mara is FoTM, and one of the better specs in the game at the moment. But.... any pvper knows the top of the current meta is as always, operatives, because they just don't die. Its been that way since forever.

Skettitangles
06.14.2022 , 02:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PVPsage View Post
Actually, I think you mistake what the purpose of our conversation was. We weren't arguing, the OP suggests activating the resolve bar fully after 1 hard stun and making it last 15s - and I feel pretty confident that's never going to happen.... and I'm trying to explain to you why. Not that there's much to explain.... anyone that plays SW:TOR PVP properly knows that DPS isn't the answer to everything. Ranked is evidence of that, where Tank and Healer games can last forever regardless of even, the calibre of the player. Its in these scenarios you begin to see why stuns are a necessity and how its actually, pretty evenly balanced. Changing resolve even slightly, even going down 1 cc to whitebar / adjusting roots to grant extra resolve - it would massively destroy the game for more players than it helps.

Yes it is. In my experience its basically what most arguments result in when they're one sided and the other person doesn't seem to grasp the point.

Secondly, you've just demonstrated that you're bad at maths and you've never looked at the combat proficiencies screen. What's actually been demonstrated is that since the last update there has been a NET REDUCTION in the number of stuns. And we have also discussed how ability layouts make these ccs less accessible, which, newsflash, is working exactly as the devs intended it to work so they know all about that and you countermanding the point probably isn't doing much for you.

This feedback is nonsense. As I give it more thought I'm willing to wager you're both playing regs and of course you're going to get spammed with debuffs its 8v8s. Although you are right, they do have a right to put it forward and I also, have a right to say its a load of nonsense and try and explain why.

Im not sure what this quote says but Fury Mara is FoTM, and one of the better specs in the game at the moment. But.... any pvper knows the top of the current meta is as always, operatives, because they just don't die. Its been that way since forever.
You could have just admitted you have no idea what you’re talking about but instead you removed all doubt with this mildly amusing garbage

PVPsage
06.15.2022 , 03:14 AM | #23
You could have just admitted you have no idea what you’re talking about but instead you removed all doubt with this mildly amusing garbage
At least I can live through a CC

Skettitangles
06.15.2022 , 04:24 AM | #24
At least I can live through a CC
Only 7 wins for a 918 rating last season says otherwise PVPsage… even my last rating wasn’t that bad. You’re so slow you don’t even see how bad you’ve been played keeping the views up on this thread. You couldn’t live through a wet paper bag LMAO

PVPsage
06.15.2022 , 11:50 AM | #25
Only 7 wins for a 918 rating last season says otherwise PVPsage… even my last rating wasn’t that bad. You’re so slow you don’t even see how bad you’ve been played keeping the views up on this thread. You couldn’t live through a wet paper bag LMAO
I played what. 3 days of last season and yes it was a bad idea to queue sorc.
But if you think I wouldn't melt someone who can't deal with a resolve bar........
I at least get the basics. Like "game is fine".

Skettitangles
06.15.2022 , 01:04 PM | #26
I played what. 3 days of last season and yes it was a bad idea to queue sorc.
But if you think I wouldn't melt someone who can't deal with a resolve bar........
I at least get the basics. Like "game is fine".
Happy to be ‘melted’ anytime so you can teach me how to ‘basic’ just say when you’re good to go

PVPsage
06.15.2022 , 03:54 PM | #27
Happy to be ‘melted’ anytime so you can teach me how to ‘basic’ just say when you’re good to go
Hit me up in game, same name, SF.

Skettitangles
06.15.2022 , 03:59 PM | #28
Hit me up in game, same name, SF.
Will do, in the meantime, happy to get this thread back on point if that’s ok with you 😉

PVPsage
06.16.2022 , 08:49 AM | #29
Request Denied on account of it being an L2P Issue.

Skettitangles
06.16.2022 , 02:23 PM | #30
Request Denied on account of it being an L2P Issue.
Just keep bumping the post like the amateur you are and L2Forum kid 🤣

Looking forward to your response to my in game mail 🫵