Cut scene issue

OFAWFletch

The past 2 days now I have noticed at the end of EVERY cut scene, I get a 2-3 second freeze then its normal, this ONLY happens with in a cut scene solo and in a group. Anyone experience this and have any suggestions.

As mentioned, I do not experience this any other time in my game experience, my FPS avg. 164 in 16Man Raids so my GPU and PC is optimal.

I have-

Current Video driver

All Windows updates

Repaired SWTOR

Don't use Bitraider

Antivirus checked and temporarily turned off

Firewall checked

Have you tried turning down your graphics settings if that changes anything, especially the shaders?

There have been weird bugs in this game regarding the engine when it comes to cutscenes, most notably the system crashes during the final cutscene in the Esseles flashpoint and the intitial cutscene for Kuat Drive Yards.

Tried all that same issue. I used to have the game crash to desktop when the ship goes to light speed in Black Talon, never went away ever with that hardware. I since then built a new PC and that one never crashed at BT, ever, still doesn't, my only issue just started 2 days ago and is minor annoyance after you press your number choice and end of that cut scene it pauses for 2-3 seconds then normal again.

In the game files you will find a file called diskcachearena (games cache file will auto create again on next launch), delete that file then login and see if any change

Would that solve an issue i have with the last cutscene on ossus on the mission desecration on imp side? the game crashes during that and i'm trying to get CS to push my bounty hunter past it like they did for my sage

Would that solve an issue i have with the last cutscene on ossus on the mission desecration on imp side? the game crashes during that and i'm trying to get CS to push my bounty hunter past it like they did for my sage

I find most issues with cutscenes crashing / freezing etc is with intel video cards as they usually dont meet the minimum game requirement of 1GB dedicated Vram , this is why people find lowering gfx settings help due to lowering vram requirements

there is certainly no harm in deleting that cache file while the game is not running

i gather you have done a game repair etc

I would suggest trying https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-Texture-Flickering-High-to-Low/td-p/4867480/jump-to/first-unread-message

it may help

Edited by OwenBrooks

Since the last maintenance from last week, I have had one freeze per session which happens at random times. First time it happened in the middle of a cutscene, it happened while opening my inventory or other windows. Alt tabbing to desktop and back to game solves it, then the game is fine for the whole session.

Never had that happen before in SWTOR. And I am playing another couple of games at the moment with no issue.

I find most issues with cutscenes crashing / freezing etc is with intel video cards as they usually dont meet the minimum game requirement of 1GB dedicated Vram , this is why people find lowering gfx settings help due to lowering vram requirements

there is certainly no harm in deleting that cache file while the game is not running

i gather you have done a game repair etc

I would suggest trying https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-Texture-Flickering-High-to-Low/td-p/4867480/jump-to/first-unread-message

it may help

I run a RTX 2080 Super its had zero issues, I went every route and it points to Bioware as their issue

Have you tried turning down your graphics settings if that changes anything, especially the shaders?

There have been weird bugs in this game regarding the engine when it comes to cutscenes, most notably the system crashes during the final cutscene in the Esseles flashpoint and the intitial cutscene for Kuat Drive Yards.

Again? They had fixed that at one point.

^Bumpity Bump

just a FYI, it's frowned upon to bump a thread, especially if you've nothing new to add, and worse if it is bumped shortly after one you've just put in. The mods can be quite strict (with some :rolleyes:) , it won't do your case any good if you get a post removed, a warning, or worse.

Plus, with what's going on in Texas, it could be a while before anyone responds, let alone even tries to duplicate the error/issue

Edited by DarkTergon

yeah well, I have been a Swtor supporting since launch and expect some acknowledgement. regardless of the Texas power outage, when the power is restored its back to work. I expect a value to my subscription as everyone else. Making their millions they can look into it as a courtesy Edited by OFAWFletch

• Dev Post
yeah well, I have been a Swtor supporting since launch and expect some acknowledgement. regardless of the Texas power outage, when the power is restored its back to work. I expect a value to my subscription as everyone else. Making their millions they can look into it as a courtesy

OFAWFletch,

As you are still experiencing an issue and the recommendations from others have not resolved your issue, I will be moving this thread to the appropriate sub-forum. You posted in General Discussion, so I will be moving this to the Bug Report sub-forum.

Secondly, I also encourage you to report this in-game as well and include as much info as you can such as the YT link that you posted later on in the thread. Use /bug. Please keep all that info in a consolidated format, so it will be easier to review, repro- etc...

Lastly, what happened in Texas was more than a power outage. While we do value all of our players, the safety and recovery for our teams is the highest priority right now. This is not a simple flip of a switch scenario and everything is immediately 100% again. Understand that and have more empathy, please.

yeah well, I have been a Swtor supporting since launch and expect some acknowledgement. regardless of the Texas power outage, when the power is restored its back to work. I expect a value to my subscription as everyone else. Making their millions they can look into it as a courtesy

Have some freaking compassion, dude. It wasn’t just a power outage, it was a whole system designed to fail failing right when it was needed most. People have died. Some are now facing damaged homes, are under a boil water provision because they don’t have clean water, and some are still without power. While SWTOR is enjoyable, it’s still just a video game, it’s not more valuable than people’s lives.

Do you live in Texas or do you pay attention to what has been happening there? How could you be so cold-hearted that people there were out of electricity for days and now they are having trouble finding water and some individuals food. I am originally from Texas and still have dear friends there that are still suffering. Game can wait as a human life is worth more than a game.

Texas was not used to that kind of cold. My mom lived in Texas for over 50 years before moving with me to SC and this was not something that ever happened there. We had 2 snow falls (though the snow was gone almost as soon as it hit the ground) and it rarely got below 40 but was back in the 70 or 80's by lunchtime. This was not something Texas had ever had to deal with before so they were unprepared for this.

Post below is from a facebook page from Texas Strong

Texas is in no way being dramatic. Northern friends, keep the condescending sass to yourself, that doesn’t help anyone or any situation. We have running jokes about forecasts being off because it doesn’t snow in the south. We expect hurricane and 115° weather, not blizzards. Our homes are built and meant to keep us cool not keep out snow and ice. The majority of these are coming from Houston area... it’s something none of us could have prepared for because it hasn’t happened in over 50 years for most of the state. It’s devastating. Keep praying. Keep helping. #texasstrong

Edited to add: we have the best community, seriously profoundly selfless individuals giving, serving and helping!!!!

In our city we’ve had incredible men and women sacrificing around the clock to help, New Braunfels Utilities has worked tirelessly and selflessly to get our city up and running! And now they have water stands set up where roads are cleared!!🙌🏼

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/texasstrong

Edited by casirabit

Have some freaking compassion, dude. It wasn’t just a power outage, it was a whole system designed to fail failing right when it was needed most. People have died. Some are now facing damaged homes, are under a boil water provision because they don’t have clean water, and some are still without power. While SWTOR is enjoyable, it’s still just a video game, it’s not more valuable than people’s lives.

There isn't really a lot more they could have done. Though if they had a solid reputation and history of communicating with players in addressing concerns maybe most people would understand the sudden silence for what it was (beyond their control) instead of assuming it's just more lack of communication again.

After all not everyone in the world is aware of WHERE the studio is physically located (nor maybe care), or what weather is being experienced or that areas experience with that type of weather. The world is a big place.

That doesn't excuse people being rude, especially the people who are aware of the situation. However some people will be genuinely unaware / not understand and just see more silence coming and lashing out in frustration.

Video sample here of what I am experiencing

Have you made a post in the technical support forum ? include a dxdiag per https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663

have you seen any other person having the same issue recently ?

could be a drive access issue ?

I run a RTX 2080 Super its had zero issues, I went every route and it points to Bioware as their issue

my previous post was for setokai not you

Edited by OwenBrooks

• 4 weeks later...

Well an update on my issue. After getting zero fixes from Bioware and virtually every help page on the Planet. I ended up saving all my personal data off my system and Reformatting and loading Windows 10 OS. I no longer have the issue. Probably could have saved a lot of grief y just doing that from the get go, but, troubleshooting is part of my daily tasks.

Thanks for the advice though...