Huttball

salosat

Sound to me like all he is asking for instead of 3 separate Huttballs counting as 3 separate pops maybe just have whenever Huttball pops for you its gona be 1 of the 3?

That's not what hes asking, he wants a separate mode/button to queue for huttball specifically but like what trixxie says there isn't a big enough population for that. And huttball is already made like the way you said, all huttballs currently count as 1 category so it doesn't pop as often, they made the change awhile back

Sound to me like all he is asking for instead of 3 separate Huttballs counting as 3 separate pops maybe just have whenever Huttball pops for you its gona be 1 of the 3?

We already have that. BioWare changed the pop rotation when they added back Quesh and Vandin so when it pops a Hutt ball, it then decides on one of the three choices.

We already have that. BioWare changed the pop rotation when they added back Quesh and Vandin so when it pops a Hutt ball, it then decides on one of the three choices.

I think the problem (other than Quesh existing) is that it picks 2 or 3 of those maps randomly in a row, and with low populations, that means most of the players on at that time eat the same maps back to back to back.

I think the problem (other than Quesh existing) is that it picks 2 or 3 of those maps randomly in a row, and with low populations, that means most of the players on at that time eat the same maps back to back to back.

Oh, I agree. But it’s like that with every map though, not just Hutt ball maps. Void Star and Hypergates does the same thing sometimes and you have back to back map pops.

At least it’s not like it was before when Hutt ball maps took up 40-50% of all map pops even at prime time. That was terrible because it was nearly guaranteed that every second map pop was Huttball and if it got into a loop you could have 5 or 6 or more HB maps in a row.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Oh, I agree. But it’s like that with every map though, not just Hutt ball maps. Void Star and Hypergates does the same thing sometimes and you have back to back map pops.

At least it’s not like it was before when Hutt ball maps took up 40-50% of all map pops even at prime time. That was terrible because it was nearly guaranteed that every second map pop was Huttball and if it got into a loop you could have 5 or 6 or more HB maps in a row.

Sometimes I still get stuck in loops of a specific map but I assume it's just bad luck? I had Hypergate 4 times in a row just yesterday. That's my least favorite WZ by a mile so it was pretty annoying, but that's just how it goes I guess.

Edited by waisting

no offense to ppl who hate AHG, VS, or OPG, etc., but the HB maps are objectively (as opposed to subjectively) broken. desync in those is far worse than any other maps. so repeated HB maps is significantly more problematic than VS or AHG (which I'm also tired of getting more than 2x). this and the quesh leap "glitch" are objectively observable issues that directly impact game play., not subjective predilections. the fact that ppl tend to love/hate HB or arenas, etc., is immaterial.

no offense to ppl who hate AHG, VS, or OPG, etc., but the HB maps are objectively (as opposed to subjectively) broken. desync in those is far worse than any other maps. so repeated HB maps is significantly more problematic than VS or AHG (which I'm also tired of getting more than 2x). this and the quesh leap "glitch" are objectively observable issues that directly impact game play., not subjective predilections. the fact that ppl tend to love/hate HB or arenas, etc., is immaterial.

When someone says I hate HB but I love WZs, I always wonder that are you the guy who busts in and fights the enemy during the whole game and even if you help to cap you run away as fast as you can or are you that unfortunate guy(s) who just stands at a f@#$%^ door, node, pylon, etc. during the whole game, because it makes a huge different. At least in HB nobody forced to guard anything.

When someone says I hate HB but I love WZs, I always wonder that are you the guy who busts in and fights the enemy during the whole game and even if you help to cap you run away as fast as you can or are you that unfortunate guy(s) who just stands at a f@#$%^ door, node, pylon, etc. during the whole game, because it makes a huge different. At least in HB nobody forced to guard anything.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. For my part, I happen to really like HB, but the vertical map (quesh) is garbage, and the profusion of ramps combined with modern movement abilities create an inordinate amount of desync in all of the HB maps.

I think the pit made for the most dynamic and entertaining ranked games when ranked 8v8 was a thing. I thought every other WZ (besides NC) was a joke, and they were easily outplayed by ranked teams (VS was decided based on kills b/c nobody could cap a door, CW was based on who capped their closest side milliseconds before the other team [carny pred + sprint?]. AHG was decided based on which team managed to cap a single pylon 6-8 explosions into the match).

so...yeah. HB was actually great fun. but that was when there was only a occasional rubber-banding on warrior leap. now...it's just pure futility to do sustained dmg with all of the desync and how pointless most of the obstacles are.

Edited by CheesyEZ

Totally agree. I was just pointing out that those pop loops aren’t limited to HB style maps.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. For my part, I happen to really like HB, but the vertical map (quesh) is garbage, and the profusion of ramps combined with modern movement abilities create an inordinate amount of desync in all of the HB maps.

I think the pit made for the most dynamic and entertaining ranked games when ranked 8v8 was a thing. I thought every other WZ (besides NC) was a joke, and they were easily outplayed by ranked teams (VS was decided based on kills b/c nobody could cap a door, CW was based on who capped their closest side milliseconds before the other team [carny pred + sprint?]. AHG was decided based on which team managed to cap a single pylon 6-8 explosions into the match).

so...yeah. HB was actually great fun. but that was when there was only a occasional rubber-banding on warrior leap. now...it's just pure futility to do sustained dmg with all of the desync and how pointless most of the obstacles are.

No, sry! I put it in the wrong way, what I meant was that; I wonder that the players who "love" WZs and hate HB are they players who just bust into a WZ and pew, pew and don't give the flying f@##$ about if we win or lose, they only concern is the damage and kills and they hate HB because there they can't do the same.

Sometimes I still get stuck in loops of a specific map but I assume it's just bad luck? I had Hypergate 4 times in a row just yesterday. That's my least favorite WZ by a mile so it was pretty annoying, but that's just how it goes I guess.

It sure doesn't seem like there is any systems in place. I got my first Yavin ruins in weeks yesteday. Usually its HB's, Hybergate and Voidstar. My least favorite maps especially Voidstar. I main melee and unless I am on Operative VS is just cancerous. Getting shot to pieces but 4+ Mercs sorcs or Snipers because class stacking. Granted they are usually bads and are not killing me but having to stealth out constantly and spend half the match in regen is exhausting.

Edited by juanmiranda

No, sry! I put it in the wrong way, what I meant was that; I wonder that the players who "love" WZs and hate HB are they players who just bust into a WZ and pew, pew and don't give the flying f@##$ about if we win or lose, they only concern is the damage and kills and they hate HB because there they can't do the same.

can you blame players for ignoring objectives in HB though? given all of the desync and the fact that the obstacles are so easy to circumvent, I'd say HB maps are the ones I'm most likely to either DM or AFK in. imagine being a mara in Quesh where you cannot even leap up to or on the 3rd level? That means you cannot leap through the acid or attack opponents on the other side of the acid. how crazy is that? why would any mara ever play that garbage map objectively? it's just crazy stupid that the map is STILL in the rotation with that bug alone.

It sure doesn't seem like there is any systems in place. I got my first Yavin ruins in weeks yesteday. Usually its HB's, Hybergate and Voidstar. My least favorite maps especially Voidstar. I main melee and unless I am on Operative VS is just cancerous. Getting shot to pieces but 4+ Mercs sorcs or Snipers because class stacking. Granted they are usually bads and are not killing me but having to stealth out constantly and spend half the match in regen is exhausting.

VS is a warrior's wet dream. all 3 jugg specs and fury mara smile at all the enemies kindly stacking in front of the doors for you. the deception sins who do top dmg in every other WZ also do so in VS.

I don't like defending. but if I don't care about defending (like you don't), then I don't have to worry about standing near the door and becoming a fish in a barrel. so not sure what your issue is.

Edited by CheesyEZ

can you blame players for ignoring objectives in HB though? given all of the desync and the fact that the obstacles are so easy to circumvent, I'd say HB maps are the ones I'm most likely to either DM or AFK in. imagine being a mara in Quesh where you cannot even leap up to or on the 3rd level? That means you cannot leap through the acid or attack opponents on the other side of the acid. how crazy is that? why would any mara ever play that garbage map objectively? it's just crazy stupid that the map is STILL in the rotation with that bug alone.

Two years ago I would have argued against you, but now I 99% agree with most of what you are saying.

And let’s not forget BioWares latest failure with nerfing the speed of the Huttball carriers. Even speed run on my Sorc or Sin is slower than my walking speed without the ball and that’s before your even in combat. Add the normal combat slow effect to the ball carrier and you may as well not even bother with ball.

I used to love Huttball till Bioware ruined it with excessive dysnc, bugs and stupid mechanics like blowing you up too soon and slowing you to a crawl if you have the ball. And unless you are an operative, there’s zero point in even picking the ball up unless you have a team willing to play hot potato with ball and position themselves properly.

And let’s face it, if you get one or two other people on your team that cares about playing HB properly or even knowing how to play properly, it’s like a Christmas miracle. Adding that slow mechanic when they added Quesh back into the rotation was the last straw for me. Usually I would just leave those pops, but that’s right, now we are trapped or we eat a deserter timer for 15mins.

It’s totally understandable why people DM more in Huttball (especially Quesh) than any other style of map. I’m with you on this, BioWare should remove Quesh from the rotation again because it’s 100% obvious by now they can’t fix the bugs or dysnc.

But someone at BioWare has a massive hard-on for HB style maps or we would not have 3 of them and BioWare would never have added Quesh back into the rotation with such problems.

Imagine if Quesh ball was a ranked map? They would have fixed it by now or removed it because of the complaints. You only need to read the discord channel to realise how much time BioWare spent trying to fix 2 arena maps these last 12 months to know what I’m saying is true.

We should start a petition to remove QB from the rotation till they fix the desync, bugs and revert the stupid slow mechanics. And if they can’t fix those, then it should never be added back in.

And truthfully, that slow needs to go from all HB maps. It’s not needed and when they tried to add it years ago there were enough HB fans who convinced them to remove it again. But some how it’s been added back in with little out cry except from me. Probably because people only DM now and it doesn’t affect that.

BioWare have been their own worse enemies with pvp development in this game since 5.0 and it’s only getting worse and making less people play or care about playing properly to win.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It's just silly at this point that they haven't added ranked choice 'voting' when you queue.

Because Quesh and Vandin would never pop and the devs can't accept the fact that noone like those maps and their work is utter garbage. I am pretty sure a day at the office at Bio Austin is just an echo chamber.

at least with 7.0 expansion most classes aside from operatives being able to roll won't be able to desync as hard anymore because of less movement skills and movespeed overall KEKW. Every class actually can't leap to the 3rd platform or teleport across acid on 3rd platform. You can roll through acid with operative roll, blade blitz on mara and jugg or mercs jet blast backwards to go through acid. Not sure if you can leap to a friendly with the ball to the platform as a jugg since i've forgotten, as far as I know that might work as well as ofc sorcs being able to pull and pts being able to pull enemies. Its mainly just teleports and most leaps to enemies don't work. It's definitely harder to score as a class that's not operative though, still doable but harder, desyncs no doubt suck hard in Quesh, sometimes you can predict a desync by throwing a random grenade on the ground where you think the target will be and if it hits that'll fix the problem for the 1 situation

at least with 7.0 expansion most classes aside from operatives being able to roll won't be able to desync as hard anymore because of less movement skills and movespeed overall KEKW. Every class actually can't leap to the 3rd platform or teleport across acid on 3rd platform. You can roll through acid with operative roll, blade blitz on mara and jugg or mercs jet blast backwards to go through acid. Not sure if you can leap to a friendly with the ball to the platform as a jugg since i've forgotten, as far as I know that might work as well as ofc sorcs being able to pull and pts being able to pull enemies. Its mainly just teleports and most leaps to enemies don't work. It's definitely harder to score as a class that's not operative though, still doable but harder, desyncs no doubt suck hard in Quesh, sometimes you can predict a desync by throwing a random grenade on the ground where you think the target will be and if it hits that'll fix the problem for the 1 situation

That leap is a bug. You can still sometimes leap into that zone on a Jugg or Warrior. What really sucks is you can’t even leap into your own end zone to defend.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

all true, I just find it more disenfranchising on the mara. and the final straw on any attempt to try to win on that garbage map. but of course, mercs and sorcs turn into snipers that cannot be leapt to, so even half the middle tier of the zone becomes a shooting gallery. I do appreciate/respect the many mercs and sorcs who drop down or at least move to the pipes rather than hide behind a glitch to fluff their numbers though.

Edited by CheesyEZ

Pls Bioware separate all huttball games to a different category called Huttball or something.

How about a Huttball League? You can queue solo for regular games, or queue 8x8 group ranked league play.

Both modes you will have games stats tracked (goals, passes, interceptions, trap kills, kills, etc) instead of what is tracked in standard warzones. 8v8 games will also track some kind of ranking for leaderboards to have additional rewards like in arenas.

As discussed in the other thread they just need to implement unranked warzone filters so people can queue for the exact warzones they want. Just like they have for the fp/op group finder:

Alderaan Civil War

Ancient Hypergates

Huttball

Novare Coast

Odessen Proving Grounds

Voidstar

Yavin Ruins

All the warzones would be listed and you simply select which ones you want to play. I think this would do a lot to improve the quality of the unranked games. IMO you don't need to separate the different huttball maps (becuase they're all great!) but if they wanted to they could even filter those as well:

Huttball

- map 1

- map 2

Edited by TsoSithLord