Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some update on what's next is needed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Some update on what's next is needed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Damask_Rose
01.13.2020 , 06:13 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
That is the point of every rpg. I don't understand what is surprising about it. RPG's gameplay is all about the pursuit of power for your character.
Well... that's one way to look at it, but far from the only way. I've always understood the point of every rpg to the immersion of yourself into an interesting world through exploration and story. Traditionally our characters would gain power organically while working our way through dungeons and campaigns. (Unless your DM designed unimaginative Monte Hauls, in which case I feel sorry for you.) Gear grinds were introduced as filler for MMOs since they can't produce content as fast as it can be consumed. Now, I find mindless grinding to be very relaxing while I watch Netfix, and it certainly has it's place in MMOs, but as far as "content" goes, it's the bottom the barrel and barely qualifies.
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

KendraP
01.13.2020 , 06:22 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Well... that's one way to look at it, but far from the only way. I've always understood the point of every rpg to the immersion of yourself into an interesting world through exploration and story. Traditionally our characters would gain power organically while working our way through dungeons and campaigns. (Unless your DM designed unimaginative Monte Hauls, in which case I feel sorry for you.) Gear grinds were introduced as filler for MMOs since they can't produce content as fast as it can be consumed. Now, I find mindless grinding to be very relaxing while I watch Netfix, and it certainly has it's place in MMOs, but as far as "content" goes, it's the bottom the barrel and barely qualifies.
Well Musco did give us good news on that front. "6.1" will have some story attached, it might not be as in depth or unique as the original class stories, but it beats nothing.

TrixxieTriss
01.13.2020 , 07:09 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Well Musco did give us good news on that front. "6.1" will have some story attached, it might not be as in depth or unique as the original class stories, but it beats nothing.
I’d settle for bug fixes first

DarthYun
01.13.2020 , 08:36 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by ericmusco View Post
hey folks,

first off, happy new year! We know that with a new year means questions of "what's next" and so let me try to add some clarity to things.

What's next? In case you missed our last livestream in december or didn't get a chance to check it out on pts, game update 6.1 is the next thing on the horizon and it is slated for a february release. That update contains our next story beat (around the size of hearts and minds) and the new alderaan stronghold! Many of you have already have already shared your thoughts on the stronghold, we are hoping to have pts back up later this week with some new changes to check out.

One other quick note about 6.1 is the usage of the .1 in the game update. In the past we have been pretty inconsistent in our game update numbering and so we wanted to clean that up. This started at 6.0 but going forward any 6.x update will only increment if there is some story contained in the update. If there is no story, then it will increment by 6.x.x.
ex: After 6.1 if the next update contained story, it would be 6.2. If it doesn't have story it would be 6.1.1.

we talked about this last year as well but just a reminder that we have moved away from the big form roadmaps that we used to post. Instead we try to lean more on updates via pts, posts, livestreams, and blogs. So you should expect to see more about what is beyond 6.1 as we get closer to / beyond its launch. With that said, that doesn't mean keith will stop swinging in to give you some longer term updates. I would expect before the end of january to see keith in the forums to give you a bit of a welcome to 2020 which will likely contain some hints at what we are looking at doing this year.

I can tell you that the team is really excited about what is coming in 2020 and we are already planning around things for next year, our 10-year anniversary (and beyond)!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
thats very dissapointing
pre nerf Bane of Baneful Banthas
Pre Nerf Bane of Izax
Pre Nerf Revanchist
Deposer of the Fortress
Conqueror of the Dread Masters
2014 Revanchist
World First Tyth
World First Repside Sisters pre 248 gear
Server First EC timed
pre nerf ravenchist
post buff raven
pre German world first repside Nahut (0 deaths)
World 1st Izax repside without memes
World 1st Izax 15.5m (also without memes but with meme people)
world 2nd original roster Gods Timed (no kicks)
World 2nd timed without exploits (knightmera poweru)
world first main repside team gods timed nim impside timed run timed (nightmare power)
World 1st Collicoid Queen 8m HM (no graba jerba)
World 1st Collicoid Queer 16m HM (no enrage 5 stack ez timed)

Nee-Elder
01.13.2020 , 08:58 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Bug-fixes & new content aren't mutually exclusive. People (not necessarily You, Trixxie) always think just because some time/attention is given to say a new Alderaan SH, then that automatically means "omg now they won't have enough time for bugs!!?!?!!?!?!!!!"

But this is not typically how Dev teams work. Even BioWare has enough Devs to work on both (Art department + Code department) ...and i'm sure "6.1" will also include some significant bug-fixes.

Anyways, imho , DISNEY needs authorize EA to allow BioWare to start cross-marketing & cross-referencing more new content with other SW successes (like 'The Mandalorian', for example ---> Player bounties during BH Event Week, whereby players would opt-in to be hunt'able on all cross-faction planets. ) .

There's no reason why SWTOR should be---or seem to be---this little neglected side stepchild.

This is still Star WARS, no? So, for 2020, let us know: What are we fighting for? What are we playing for? What are we grinding for? ( And i don't mean just "to get 306 gear so you can maybe do isolated NiM Ops once per week" )

SWTOR has sooo much untapped potential, even after 9 years. ( pve GSF zones & missions, anyone? )

Of course, IF the rumors are true about the next SW film trilogy taking place in (or near) SWTOR's timeline....well....i just hope BioWare is able to take full advantage.
Never tell me the odds!

Drenovade
01.13.2020 , 10:05 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
Anyways, imho , DISNEY needs authorize EA to allow BioWare to start cross-marketing & cross-referencing more new content with other SW successes (like 'The Mandalorian', for example ---> Player bounties during BH Event Week, whereby players would opt-in to be hunt'able on all cross-faction planets. ) .

There's no reason why SWTOR should be---or seem to be---this little neglected side stepchild.

This is still Star WARS, no? So, for 2020, let us know: What are we fighting for? What are we playing for? What are we grinding for? ( And i don't mean just "to get 306 gear so you can maybe do isolated NiM Ops once per week" )

SWTOR has sooo much untapped potential, even after 9 years. ( pve GSF zones & missions, anyone? )

Of course, IF the rumors are true about the next SW film trilogy taking place in (or near) SWTOR's timeline....well....i just hope BioWare is able to take full advantage.
Remember, this game is part of the EU, not Disney-canon. They may include indirect references through armor sets/weapon models/pets that share similarities with new releases from Disney, but SWTOR takes place in a separate continuity.

Even if Disney does something in an Old Republic era, it won't mean much for our original timeline here. SWTOR needs to retain its EU purity.

Having said that, there's no reason that Disney/Lucasfilm, hated as they may be, couldn't commit more resources to unleashing SWTOR's full potential. After all, we got two major expansions, KOTFE and KOTET, subsequent to Disney's acquisition of the Star Wars IP.

Onslaught was closer in size to the RotHC and SoR expansions though. If we want to see bigger, better expansions, updates, content, etc., then we players need to step up as well. Spread the word on social media, recruit your friends to play, tell your family, be friendly/helpful in-game, stay subscribed, contribute any way you can to help the SWTOR community grow and the game to succeed.

If we, as a community, did that more, I think SWTOR would start getting the attention it deserves. We need to show the decision-makers that the demand is strong, and we're worth the investment.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards. Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

OlBuzzard
01.13.2020 , 10:20 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
If it's excessively extended, then how could I get 10+ characters in full 306 gear with the mods I wanted, set bonuses and tacticals in 3 weeks?

[/snip snip]

seriously ??

You must have one of the best RNG "motivators" ever made !!

Hey .. for whatever it's worth... the ONLY thing I don't like about that statement is that it wasn't me that did that !

Back on thread track...

I would be interested in some sort of "update" as it were. Maybe something like "Hearts and Minds" again ?? That little segment tied up a lot of loose ends ! IMO .. we could use a couple more to help with direction of a number of questions / theories about the direction of the new story.

BTW... one last personal note / opinion … I really don't give one royal rippity roo-ha about what WoW or other games do as far as their communication (or a lack there of) . I like THIS game and THIS community ! Therefore.. what is going on HERE is what I believe to be the important guideline as far as communications are concerned !!

And so far... things seems to be getting back on track. Hopefully that will continue to improve in 2020.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

OlBuzzard
01.13.2020 , 10:24 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Hey wait a second .... that was a part of my list !!

Juuuust kidding !!

Good old fashion bug squashing is ALWAYS a good thing … I think !

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

KumbayaGOD
01.13.2020 , 11:00 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthYun View Post
thats very dissapointing
you have too many title on your signature , please nerf
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

limenutpen
01.14.2020 , 01:29 AM | #40
Thank you.

Hope you give something to PvPers, from Bug fixes and may be a fresh WZ.
I pay a sub to 99% PvP and I am sure I am not alone.

Also not to forget please fix the air-lifts in Huttball, and the Mandolarian Arena.