Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some update on what's next is needed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Some update on what's next is needed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tannenfels
01.11.2020 , 06:16 AM | #1
So, it's been almost 3 months since the Onslaught release, and I still do hope that that 2 hour worth of playing content is not the only one till the Fall. I think you folks agree that lack of news on the game's development is somewhat unnerving.

So, roadmap when?
Red Eclipse

JediQuaker
01.11.2020 , 09:14 AM | #2
No, I don't agree. The lack of news is not "un-nerving". "No news is good news" my dear old mother used to say. 😋

Also, given the time frame - Winter Solstice Holidays et al - many people have barely had time to wear out Onslaught yet.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

xordevoreaux
01.11.2020 , 09:45 AM | #3
What's needed next is a joint EA/Disney announcement that the original 10-year contract has been extended.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Crimsonorion
01.11.2020 , 10:29 AM | #4
New MMO announced. Star Wars - The Old Republic 2: The Search For More Money

Jdast
01.11.2020 , 11:17 AM | #5
Keith said in November 2019 that the next major update 6.1 would be "early next year." So far, we just know about the new stronghold - Alderaan.

I never lose sleep over this b/c I also play ESO and enjoy other games / activities. I took a 5 month break from SWTOR last year and have no problems doing so again.

Dasty

Nemmar
01.11.2020 , 01:01 PM | #6
You know what annoys me? You coming here demanding news when you didn't make the slightest effort to find them.
Read the forums and watch the livestreams.

Theres a new patch coming in February. But if you think onslaught was just 2 hours of game, then this game will never satisfy you and you are better off quitting ahead and going to something boring like WoW or FFXIV.

KendraP
01.11.2020 , 02:30 PM | #7
I read the forums daily, and missed the livestream because gosh I was at work and unable to take the time to watch it. From what I have gathered it was about the alderaan stronghold, which is one of many things I would like to hear about (i.e. any more details on when, specifically, it's coming?)

Onslaught has been out several months, and the holidays have been over for a week. Its time for someone at BW to give an appearance. Plus we know Musco is there, because he can post non-answers in bug threads.

Gelious
01.11.2020 , 03:01 PM | #8
The update was given on the stream for the new SH.

Basically nothing in January except SH. and 6.1 somewhere in Febriary, since they said March would be too late.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Nemmar
01.11.2020 , 11:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I read the forums daily, and missed the livestream because gosh I was at work and unable to take the time to watch it. From what I have gathered it was about the alderaan stronghold, which is one of many things I would like to hear about (i.e. any more details on when, specifically, it's coming?)

Onslaught has been out several months, and the holidays have been over for a week. Its time for someone at BW to give an appearance. Plus we know Musco is there, because he can post non-answers in bug threads.
The livestream gets archived on swtors twitch channel, you can watch whenever you have time. Theres probably recaps on reddit around the time.
There was a post launch post from keith wich was on the front page for probably a week. You can use the dev tracker to keep up with those.

I am sure that new info will come up towards the end of the month or early february.

Honestly, rather than what's next i would like for them to confirm they are fixing the air jets in pvp and the utilities that are stil broken.

KendraP
01.11.2020 , 11:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
The livestream gets archived on swtors twitch channel, you can watch whenever you have time. Theres probably recaps on reddit around the time.
There was a post launch post from keith wich was on the front page for probably a week. You can use the dev tracker to keep up with those.

I am sure that new info will come up towards the end of the month or early january.
I have checked Keith's launch message, and it addressed none of the issues I raised. And yes, reddit and the forums are where I got information about the twitch stream from. I check the dev tracker at least daily.

And yet I still find the lack of communication pathetic. Maybe people disagree and each has good reasons for it?

I'm going to assume we get information beginning of February, about changes they make without consulting us, or if they do consult us, do what they wanted anyway, ignoring the obvious issues we raise, then launch the new stronghold without bothering to address anything people are commenting on in the PTS thread on it. Because that's their track record.

Seriously, why am I paying for the benefit of posting on this forum. I got so bored with the actual game I havent played except to check kai for the 2 tacticals I want in what a month.

But it seems they're fine with that. Who needs active players as long as someones paying the bills?