Resort swimwear does not affect stats?

Virchaw

I do not understand how gear affects stats. I bought the Resort Swimwear and put on the chest piece and legs. Yet none of my character stats changed: still have same Master, Crit, Damage, Armor., etc. And when I am out questing it actually does not seem to affect my ability to take down opponents. How does gear work?

Armors, such as the Resort Swimwear, are considered "blank shells". They have no built in stats.

You should notice that the armor has slots for an 'Armoring', 'Mod', and 'Enhancement'. These are the items that give the armor stats. (There's also a slot for a dye module, and you can add an augment slot.)

These days the usual thing is to use basic "orange" (moddable) gear as your base armor and to use fancy stuff like Resort Swimwear in an "outfit". But if you use Resort Swimwear as your base, you will need to get "mods" (armoring, mod, enhancement) for it to get 'stats'.

The easiest thing to do at first would be to go to the Fleet and buy cheap 'green' mods from the vendors there.

Feel free to ask more questions for more details. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

My understanding was really flawed - you have opened my eyes somewhat. I did not realize the 'Currently Equipped Gear' tab was separate from the 'Outfit' tabs. It does seems odd that my legs are bare (with Swimwear outfit) yet my base gear contains legs which are rated at 98.

So, I have base gear (its currently level 91) and then the Outfits are just for appearance and have nothing to do with base gear or stats?

Since Resort swimwear is not my base gear but just an outfit is there any value in filling the slots on the swimwear?

So, then the Outfits are just for appearance and have nothing to do with base gear or stats?

Correct.

Since Resort swimwear is not my base gear but just an outfit is there any value in filling the slots on the swimwear?

Nope, since modded 'stats' only matter for your armor (main) tab.

So, I have base gear (its currently level 91) and then the Outfits are just for appearance and have nothing to do with base gear or stats?

Correct. The outfits are just for appearance and don't affect stats. There is no reason to add mods to gear that is only in an outfit.