Question about armor appearances

ChampionChains

Regarding armors for cosmetic use: is there a way to unlock/save appearances of armor models (like quest rewards, not cartel market gear) so that I can sell the gear or do I have to fill up my bank with every piece of gear I may want to use cosmetically in the future?

Depends who you want to sell it to, but you have to create the look in Outfit Designer before you sell it. And once you've done it, except for "white" gear that doesn't bind, you can't transfer it to other players, even as a gift.

But if you want to be able to use it in future OD slots, you have to keep it around unless it's a not-dyed Cartel Market item. (Because you can claim endless new bounds copies of it...)

Regarding armors for cosmetic use: is there a way to unlock/save appearances of armor models (like quest rewards, not cartel market gear) so that I can sell the gear or do I have to fill up my bank with every piece of gear I may want to use cosmetically in the future?

No, you can't sell the gear because it becomes bound or is already Legacy bound. The only pieces you can safely get rid of are ones you've unlocked in Collections.

But you don't need to fill up your 'bank' with every piece. You can put the pieces on companions (that is, if they have armor slots) and/or use an alts 'bank' to store stuff**.

** you can create a new character. As soon as it's created, the new character can have immediate access to your Stronghold and Legacy Storage, so you can transfer items to the new character's Cargo Hold without really having to 'play' the new character.

Edited by JediQuaker

** you can create a new character. As soon as it's created, the new character can have immediate access to your Stronghold and Legacy Storage,

Not *as soon as*. You have to move far enough to exit the starter instance first (because you can't travel from the starter instance to your stronghold), so "almost as soon as".