Bring back pvp gear

RenegadeTat

To the Devs -

Making a brief return to catch up on expansions (as i do about every year or 2) and I see there is no pvp gear anymore or ranked gear. What the literal F. I first left when pvp became toggled.....even on pvp servers. One tes_ticle removed. Now I return to the other tes_ticle being removed. As far as pvp goes this game is now a full on Eunuch. Questing used to be exciting as you progressed each map you knew your chance to encounter and enemy would increase. Now anyone can buy needed gear from the terminal and jump right in to max level. Ranked pvp is now a joke with stupid mounts and cosmetic garbage. Dont even get me started on the fact you recycled the season one teir1 rancor in season 10 (the coolest mount ever and meant you were a frickin beast if you had it)....completely invalidated all the time spent for anyone that earned one. The graphic re touches are nice and the game is still a blast to play solo, but you have completely F@8ked the pvp, which was one of the most fun parts of the game. Not to mention all you get below 75 is 4v4 which is absolute trash. Long gone are the days of leveling a fresh toon through the ranks of lowbies without doing a single flashpoint or op, and hitting max level with a stack of comms to get your gear started. Now there is no point to pvp or really pve with a standard 306 gs that can be bought off the trader. end rant

Edited by RenegadeTat

I haven't played since idk, probably just towards the end of Shadow's of Revan. I did the story of Kotfe and logged out evry now and then, but haven't really played since then. So I don't know if it's any relevance to hear from a noob.

But I quite liked the consistency of going to the pvp vendor, picking up the pvp gear, and queueing worrying about my class vs another class, rather than wading through pages upon pages of text to figure out which set is the right piece to equip and why.

But, maybe i sucked back then. Maybe pvp gear wasn't bis. Idk. I just like pvp gear as well. I think there was a stat that made us better at pvp just for equipping pvp gear too? LIke some kind of performance boosting stat vs other players?

The PVP gears with stats, maybe not, they already removed expertise stat. Return PVP gears for cosmetic reasons, only when you reach certain valor, then you can wear them? I would like this to happen. The "Reg PVP Vendor" on the fleet, not the Ranked one, is , excuse my language, kinda s***tty.

pvp/expertise gear is best for pvp. pvp/expertise gear is bad for casual pve players who also dip and dunk in pvp. this game is largely the latter. there are many valid arguments for the return of expertise gear.

but I'm not gonna pretend that I didn't absolutely destroy players who joined matches w/o expertise gear while I had full min-maxed expertise gear. it was very similar to an AP PT going at anyone who tries to fight him head to head w/o even popping dcds. the person w/o expertise just melted.

meanwhile, in the lower brackets, my cybertech made all the mods, enh, armorings that I could replace every ~2 levels which gave me god-tier burst that was as good or better than expertise vs. pve gear.

have you noticed that the vast majority of guilds are just conquest guilds. or guilds that spend 80-90% of their time running story mode/vet fp dalies in an almost assembly line fashion? that's just what the game is now. getting players to use expertise gear was always a chore, and with all of these assembly line activities that BW runs (conquest, GS), it's only going to be more so.

lastly, expertise is only an issue in reg pvp. sure, there's always the occasional muppet in ranked, but really, it's regs where vast swathes of players hop in with no gear, wrong gear, etc. including expertise just compounds the problem of gear gap and complexity of the game for players who are, let's face it, just part of the assembly line conquest challenge w/e for that day or week.

TL; DR:

1. gear gaps are currently better in 6.x than any other era of the game inside of WZs, and it's b/c there's only one gear system for bolster to manage.
  2. elimination of pvp-specific gear make the game far more accessible for players who don't do a lot of pvp, and that describes the vast majority of players in this game.
  3. following from number 2, game events related to conquest and galactic seasons are based on moving massive numbers of players through all manner of content in a "story mode" fashion. that's how BW envisions reg pvp. best get used to it or just stick to rated arenas.

Edited by CheesyEZ