Sith Empire main population planet ?

HectorCasan

So... I was wondering.

After the whole post onslaught, with scarcity around everywhere, and all, i was wondering something.

After the Ziost event, and what seemed to be the biggest imperial population hub (Dromund Kaas, its only the citadel capital and small), Ziost was way bigger.

I am wondering, and seeing that the empire is still able to fight toe to toe against the Republic, which has Trillions... (Coruscant alone has about 1 trillion people)

Where is the Sith Empire population ???

I mean, those ships arent building alone... No population = lose war.

Btw this raises the question, how did the Sith Empire managed to gather a fleet and power so big to gather forces against the Galactic Republic which controls about a million planets?.

Lets say the republic is half the power of the Republic in the prequels movies. That still leaves them at around 600.000 planets.

Where do the Sith Empire gets the people, gdp, and all to stand against the republic ??? Based on my calculations, the Empire needs at the very least 50.000 planets, and with huge resources to be able to compete.

Or we simply know that the writers will never so severely unbalance the story that one side or the other gains a permanent foothold. Imp versus Pub, the fanboys cried, give us Imp versus Pub.

Can't give them that if you wipe out (or nearly wipe out) one side, so for story-telling purposes, the writers could wipe could everyone one side, and next chapter, you'd never know it. Back at each other's throats again.

Space magic.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Or we simply know that the writers will never so severely unbalance the story that one side or the other gains a permanent foothold. Imp versus Pub, the fanboys cried, give us Imp versus Pub.

Can't give them that if you wipe out (or nearly wipe out) one side, so for story-telling purposes, the writers could wipe could everyone one side, and next chapter, you'd never know it. Back at each other's throats again.

Space magic.

I Know exactly, but what i mean is, where are the imps main populations centers?

How the hell is it able to compete ?. For that to happen it should have several billions if not at least a few trillions of people, and several planets. Say... 50.000 ? at the very least ?

The republic on BBY controlled over 1.200.000 planets. Suppose it controls 600.000.... Korriban/Ziost/Kaas aint defeating MATH.

For the empire to be able to produce at least what it seems about 80% of Republic's output, it needs to have a healthy economy/population..

Those ships dont build/operate by themselves....

We can assume that the Empire controls a decent number of planets, not just Korriban and Dromund Kaas, but I don't know of any definite information. For whatever reason Bioware seems to prefer to show us Republic or neutral worlds, maybe because they don't want to show the Republic aggressively invading, or maybe because they like to reuse planets from KOTOR or whatever. I'd love to see more Imperial worlds in game though.

I think it's safe to infer that the Empire has a smaller population than the Republic. They are likely far more militarized though. Then there's all the crazy tech and force rituals they come up with.

The Republic is much more loosely organized, as shown by the events regarding Onderon. Many of their planets went neutral during the Great Galactic War and both factions have weakened substantially since then.

In terms of habitable planets, in game the Empire largely controls the region labeled "Seat of the Empire" and the Republic largely controls "Coreward worlds". Since these are roughly similar in size they probably have similar resources and habitability. However, the lore does point to the Coreward worlds being more highly developed(though it is not as though the Empire lacks development, it just is on average less developed and less populated). Availability of resources at this time in SWTOR's setting seems to be the more important constraint than population though.

The Confederacy of Independent Systems managed to be a credible threat to the Republic in large part because of the Republic's organizational structure making it difficult to field forces in a comparable proportion to their resources.

I think it's safe to infer that the Empire has a smaller population than the Republic. They are likely far more militarized though. Then there's all the crazy tech and force rituals they come up with.

The Republic is much more loosely organized, as shown by the events regarding Onderon. Many of their planets went neutral during the Great Galactic War and both factions have weakened substantially since then.

In terms of habitable planets, in game the Empire largely controls the region labeled "Seat of the Empire" and the Republic largely controls "Coreward worlds". Since these are roughly similar in size they probably have similar resources and habitability. However, the lore does point to the Coreward worlds being more highly developed(though it is not as though the Empire lacks development, it just is on average less developed and less populated). Availability of resources at this time in SWTOR's setting seems to be the more important constraint than population though.

The Confederacy of Independent Systems managed to be a credible threat to the Republic in large part because of the Republic's organizational structure making it difficult to field forces in a comparable proportion to their resources.

Yeah i know that if the republic had the same level of militarization and efficiency as the empire, they would have already crushed it.

It is still a matter of resources and manpower.

No matter if you slave them or pay them, ofc its better for a war effort to just have slaves. But you still need to have them to produce all those ships and all.

The Republic / Empire is protected by the most powerful device known to man.

"Plot Armor".

WoW had similar issues. By all accounts the Alliance should've swept Azeroth of the Horde DECADES ago. But you can't sell a two-faction game if one is clearly dominant, or has the upper hand in all scenes / quests / etc.

Hades, the Dwarves ALONE, if so motivated could march on Undercity (Forsaken capitol), and nuke it back into the stone age.

The Republic / Empire is protected by the most powerful device known to man.

"Plot Armor".

WoW had similar issues. By all accounts the Alliance should've swept Azeroth of the Horde DECADES ago. But you can't sell a two-faction game if one is clearly dominant, or has the upper hand in all scenes / quests / etc.

Hades, the Dwarves ALONE, if so motivated could march on Undercity (Forsaken capitol), and nuke it back into the stone age.

Nah but seriously, they could come up with some lore ....

The Sith Empire controls more than you seem to think. The Treaty of Coruscant gave them control of roughly half the know galaxy at the time of signing. Prior to that the Empire did nothing but prepare for war with the Republic for CENTURIES. At the current date in the story, both factions have been substantially reduced in terms of strength but still control a considerable footprint in the galaxy and are of roughly equal strength.

Basically, you're talking about 10's of thousands of planets, while only 10's are mentioned in the stories/game. Around many of those un-mentioned planets could be the equivalent of Kuat Drive Yards. Plus, of course, droids can work round the clock building ships and stuff. 🙂

Basically, you're talking about 10's of thousands of planets, while only 10's are mentioned in the stories/game. Around many of those un-mentioned planets could be the equivalent of Kuat Drive Yards. Plus, of course, droids can work round the clock building ships and stuff. 🙂

Droids !!

I completely forgot about droids !!!

The Sith Empire controls more than you seem to think. The Treaty of Coruscant gave them control of roughly half the know galaxy at the time of signing. Prior to that the Empire did nothing but prepare for war with the Republic for CENTURIES. At the current date in the story, both factions have been substantially reduced in terms of strength but still control a considerable footprint in the galaxy and are of roughly equal strength.

It would be nice to get some lore about this. Are you aware if soke of the novels expand upon this ?

It would be nice to get some lore about this. Are you aware if soke of the novels expand upon this ?

The link provided above is a good place to start and there are 7 short stories and novels that were written under the "Star Wars: The Old Republic" banner that cover various points that lead up to the game.

The link below is to a compilation video of promotional shorts Bioware put out leading up to launch that contain background information on the universe narrated by Master Gnost Dural.

The link provided above is a good place to start and there are 7 short stories and novels that were written under the "Star Wars: The Old Republic" banner that cover various points that lead up to the game.

The link below is to a compilation video of promotional shorts Bioware put out leading up to launch that contain background information on the universe narrated by Master Gnost Dural.

Wow... did not know about this video... thank you very much!!